Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687009 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Of Farts and Bathtubs]
« Reply #795 on: September 10, 2014, 05:38:32 pm »

-snipp-
Is this the only thing they can think to get sociology students to do? I see mentions of this exact activity on Bay12 every year.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 10, 2014, 05:40:53 pm »

So let's say I've got an assignment for my sociology class to go out in public and purposefully break a social norm...basically, go out and be weird and do something most people wouldn't do, then write a paper about the experience. An example would be getting in an elevator and turning to stare at everyone else in the elevator instead of staring toward the door.

Ideas I've got so far include:

-Walking around campus and going to classes wearing only a towel. I'd have shorts and underwear underneath obviously, but the towel would hide it. Alternatively, make a towel toga and wear that.

-Standing around in a highly foot-trafficked part of campus and offer free hugs to random people walking by. Sign saying "free hugs" is optional. Asking people if they want a hug before hugging them is optional. Following and pestering people who reject the hugs is optional.

-Walking around campus and randomly breaking into song while walking behind people. Current idea for songs include "Call Me Maybe", Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme, or just constant bad beatboxing.

-Going around campus wearing a towel and offering free hugs to strangers.

Thoughts? Inputs? Suggestions?

Following people, narrating what they're doing at the moment in an overly dramatic voice.

Or a David Attenborough-like narration, of one of your classmates when they're doing the assignment.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 10, 2014, 05:43:50 pm »

So let's say I've got an assignment for my sociology class to go out in public and purposefully break a social norm...basically, go out and be weird and do something most people wouldn't do, then write a paper about the experience. An example would be getting in an elevator and turning to stare at everyone else in the elevator instead of staring toward the door.

Ideas I've got so far include:

-Walking around campus and going to classes wearing only a towel. I'd have shorts and underwear underneath obviously, but the towel would hide it. Alternatively, make a towel toga and wear that.

-Standing around in a highly foot-trafficked part of campus and offer free hugs to random people walking by. Sign saying "free hugs" is optional. Asking people if they want a hug before hugging them is optional. Following and pestering people who reject the hugs is optional.

-Walking around campus and randomly breaking into song while walking behind people. Current idea for songs include "Call Me Maybe", Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme, or just constant bad beatboxing.

-Going around campus wearing a towel and offering free hugs to strangers.

Thoughts? Inputs? Suggestions?

Following people, narrating what they're doing at the moment in an overly dramatic voice.
I like this idea.
yes
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 15, 2014, 01:48:50 pm »

... probably be easier to just google it, but. What do lactose intolerant people do for cereal? If they don't want to just eat it dry, of course. The normal thing to do is to pour milk into it, but when that's not a wise option...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #799 on: September 15, 2014, 01:49:36 pm »

Almond, soy, or coconut milk.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 15, 2014, 02:04:21 pm »

Lactose-free milk is a thing. Soy milk tastes good, but takes some getting used to.
Isn't there a kind of lactase-containing pill that can do all the lactose digesting for you?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 16, 2014, 09:48:30 pm »

Hey is anyone who read through the entirety of the forum game Do not Trust the Rainbow Snail still around? I'm doing a little side project requires researching notable games throughout Bay12 history and need as much information as I can on that game in particular. Namely a summary of the main character, the setting, and plot. I would read it myself, but for some reason during that time period everyone used imageshack so most of the image files from that thread are gone.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:55:23 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 16, 2014, 10:31:47 pm »

This side project intrigues me. I would appreciate more information and/or updates on said project.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 16, 2014, 11:17:15 pm »

This side project intrigues me. I would appreciate more information and/or updates on said project.
+1.

I also need a little help though: I need a list of rhetorical questions, about 10 in all. The more ridiculous, the better.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 17, 2014, 06:28:11 pm »

+1.

I also need a little help though: I need a list of rhetorical questions, about 10 in all. The more ridiculous, the better.
"Who's a pretty boy, then?"
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 17, 2014, 08:09:29 pm »

Fun fact, the only muscles in the human body that can push instead of pull are in the tongue and the penis.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 18, 2014, 12:03:50 am »

Fun fact, the only muscles in the human body that can push instead of pull are in the tongue and the penis.

+1

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 18, 2014, 01:30:56 am »

But penis is not muscle???
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 18, 2014, 04:49:43 am »

penis is connected to muscle

did you have even less sex ed than myself

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 18, 2014, 06:50:39 am »

Muscle (or at least mucle fibers) can only pull. The rest is just clever use of levers.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 637