Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 638

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 691276 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

It's much more awesome than that.
...why did you use an a href instead of an [url]?

Reasons.

It definitely isn't that I learned to href first and have it all written out before I remember that url is a thing, no siree that would just be silly.

Does it do it all the time? My radio makes weird noise when my cell phone is about to ring, or when I turn the light on and off.\

It does that at random. In the middle of the night, in the broad daylight, when my computer is on, when it's off, when my cellphone is far and when it's near. Lights also do not matter.

Do you live close to a broadcast tower? I've heard of things like that happening near those, and near power lines (the big fellas, not the wooden post + cables you see in residential areas) but I'm not sure how accurate that is.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

As for snow, its faint but distinct. I think its the taste of water with little or no minerals in it. At least, the labs distilled water taste similar.
We could do a distilled water tasting sometime :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

As for snow, its faint but distinct. I think its the taste of water with little or no minerals in it. At least, the labs distilled water taste similar.
We could do a distilled water tasting sometime :D

You probably shouldn't drink distilled water. Y'know, because reverse osmosis.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:48:03 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Small amounts are fine. Big amounts that fuck up your electrolyte balance, not so much, yeah.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

How do I start a conversation with a girl I don't know too well but want to date?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Like you'd start a conversation with any other girl, methinks. For better advice I'd need some more details ;)
The Bay12 postcard club

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I start a conversation with a girl I don't know too well but want to date?

That's probably an obvious thing to say, but don't talk about the weather. Literally everything else but that.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried being Frank. Told a girl I thought she was cute and asked for her number. Surprisingly I got it but then spent the next 20 minutes sitting there not sure what to talk to her about so she just talked to her friends and I talked to mine.

She turned out to be uninterested in dating.

Is that the sorta Frank you mean though? Just being blunt and opening with that sorta thing?

Edit: not sure what other details you want

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah might try that again I guess

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Although the other version of Frank, that involve wearing a horned helmet and destroying the Roman Empire is apparently a really good way to get a date.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Was... was that a rape joke?
If you're seriously interested in that girl, I'd trybuilding a bit of a platonic relationship with her before trying anything. That's why I wanted details: Do you go to school/uni with her? Do you have mutual aquaintances/interests? Is there any way you could go out to drink together?
The Bay12 postcard club

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I'm fairly certain Cryxis lives in one of those barbarian countries where he cannot even go for a drink alone. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm fairly certain Cryxis lives in one of those barbarian countries where he cannot even go for a drink alone. :p

I thought he lives in Canada  :-\
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 638