Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 686991 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Talk about stuff I pretend to understand]
« Reply #1590 on: September 15, 2015, 09:44:26 pm »

... yeah, if actually trying to answer someone's question is policing the forum, I think I'll just stop trying to help the person making that accusation. Have fun, folks.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Talk about stuff I pretend to understand]
« Reply #1591 on: September 15, 2015, 09:45:43 pm »

bye officer frumple

dont hurt the foruminorities

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: September 15, 2015, 09:46:09 pm »

Thank you for accusing me of fabricating a fact.

I mean... You gave a "fact". I said "You made that up". Then you "Gave a completely different fact and presented it as the first".

As for "The purpose of the thread" splitting threads and making more isn't so much an issue. So much I don't get the idea of policing threads to enforce the use of the splits.

It is one thing to... for example... Have a "Game thread"... But then someone comes along and makes a "RPG thread" and suddenly if you talk about an RPG in the Gamethread... it is anathema and you will be redirected to the RPG Thread, even if the gamethread isn't "Completely overwhelmed by RPGs" (Where such policing would make sense).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:49:43 pm by Neonivek »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: September 15, 2015, 10:00:53 pm »

Do not pick a fight or insult another poster.  Do not continue a fight if you feel you have been insulted.  Report it to the moderator.  If you instead respond in kind, you run the risk of being considered part of the problem.
I forgot what a pain in the ass it is to get dates from unquotable threads right.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:04:27 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: September 15, 2015, 10:04:48 pm »

Do not pick a fight or insult another poster.  Do not continue a fight if you feel you have been insulted.  Report it to the moderator.  If you instead respond in kind, you run the risk of being considered part of the problem.

I am not psychic. Please apply what is written there to my post or an earlier one please.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: September 15, 2015, 10:19:33 pm »

I feel that people feel, consciously or subconsciously, that they have been insulted, which is why this discussion is becoming rapidly more and more heated, from what I see.
I don't want to say "take it out of the thread", but taking this discussion to PMs in an option.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: September 15, 2015, 10:23:07 pm »

I feel that people feel, consciously or subconsciously, that they have been insulted, which is why this discussion is becoming rapidly more and more heated, from what I see.
I don't want to say "take it out of the thread", but taking this discussion to PMs in an option.

I usually find that diffuses most situations I am in. Though it always feels... manipulative or dishonest to solve things behind doors.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: September 16, 2015, 06:19:41 am »

What? Behind closed doors is the best place to solve stuff, as long as it's done properly and with everyone's best interest at heart!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: September 16, 2015, 11:02:16 am »

neo what's with all the ellipses
that isn't like you at all

are you an imposter ghost?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: September 17, 2015, 07:01:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would appreciate it if multiple someones could give me a few real-life supervillains, major and minor, and include the country and year they began their rise to power. I need a base line.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: September 17, 2015, 07:10:49 pm »

Really, you'd just want to look through the folks that ran this. Couple of centuries of producing real life supervillians, that company managed. Nation(s) would be britain and associated colonies and whatnot, from the 1600s through the 1800s. Or just use the company itself as an example -- it's significantly easier to find organizations that count collectively as a supervillain than individuals.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: September 17, 2015, 07:30:19 pm »

I'm looking for more recent examples for a base line.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:45:26 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: September 18, 2015, 05:36:36 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would appreciate it if multiple someones could give me a few real-life supervillains, major and minor, and include the country and year they began their rise to power. I need a base line.

Dr Josef Mengele?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: September 18, 2015, 02:00:09 pm »

Hitler?
Stalin?
Mao?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 637