Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 686923 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [I spoiled my pants]
« Reply #3150 on: December 26, 2016, 04:34:08 pm »

Also what an incredibly suspicious question.

Also how drunk are we talking about? Legal, scientific, and connotation are all different.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: December 26, 2016, 05:05:26 pm »

Depends on your weight.
"Typical male" would include a set typical weight.

Also what an incredibly suspicious question.

Also how drunk are we talking about? Legal, scientific, and connotation are all different.
No suspicious motivation. I just don't intend to make a practical test of the matter, so a theoretical knowledge will do.

I don't follow what you mean by legal, scientific and connotation, but drunk enough to be noticeably drunk.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: December 27, 2016, 09:57:55 am »

My first time I was about 22, and got horrendously sick all the next day over 6 Mike's hard green teas. Not even sure I had all 6. I was a rail-like 150 pounds back then, and didn't eat with it. Should have had more water, but mainly less "beer".

Edit: Your actual question: One beer would probably be enough, at two there'd be a clear effect.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 09:59:55 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: December 27, 2016, 06:23:32 pm »

I'm thinking of whether or not to picked up DOOM 2016 next time I'm at Gamestop or whatever have you(filthy console peasant i know :P)

About twenty bucks pre-owned. Mainly asking for validation of my feelings for wanting it. Have watched both ManyATrueNerd and Nerdcubed play it and looked like something fun. plus i mean. my dad might like it :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: December 27, 2016, 06:29:14 pm »

Just about everybody seems to like it. If your dad is a classic Doom fan he'll probably like it, since for once Id did something right and focused on bringing the feel of brutality and metal to modern standards instead of the bullshit reboot style of Doom 3.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: December 27, 2016, 06:42:53 pm »

Yeah, he's a classic doom fan. He actually played doom 3 and was like 'it's a good game. just it doesn't feel like a doom game.' Though it was the BFG edition doom 3, so it was a bit better, IE flashlight and stuff.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: December 28, 2016, 07:59:16 pm »

If you don't eat then one or two can easily bugger you.

Always drink on a full stomach.
Well, a night out is far cheaper if you "forget" to eat first. :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: December 28, 2016, 11:59:21 pm »

Ok I guess I have to ask... even though this is a dumb question that will lose me respect.

So in Friday Night at Freddy

How the world are they able to charge less than minimum wage for a 6 hour graveyard shift?

Or is this a case of "the writer/developer just put in a big number but didn't consider the implication"?

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: December 29, 2016, 12:08:36 am »

Ok I guess I have to ask... even though this is a dumb question that will lose me respect.

So in Friday Night at Freddy

How the world are they able to charge less than minimum wage for a 6 hour graveyard shift?

Or is this a case of "the writer/developer just put in a big number but didn't consider the implication"?

Probably just the second option.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: December 29, 2016, 12:50:47 am »

They don't. The federal government takes a part of that up front. 15%, usually. Anyway, federal minimum wage was pretty low in the 90s, when the game is set, $4.25 in 91-95, $4.75 in 96, and $5.15 from 97 to 06.

You can read more about the theories surrounding the paycheck here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: December 29, 2016, 12:55:03 am »

My only other guess, because times aren't listed, is that they really are underpaying you.

I mean... it isn't like they would be the ONLY job to pay you less than the time you work. I mean TYPICALLY it is not paying you for overtime...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: December 29, 2016, 01:01:51 am »

Quote from: From the article I linked:
It's possible that Freddy Fazbear's Pizza could legally be paying Mike at a rate that is clearly lower than the federal and state minimum wages today. The U.S. Department of Labor allows some categories of workers to be paid less than the minimum wage, to try and avoid hindering their employ-ability. Examples include young workers under 20, full-time students working in certain sectors, and those with physical or mental disabilities.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: December 29, 2016, 01:06:02 am »

Quote from: From the article I linked:
It's possible that Freddy Fazbear's Pizza could legally be paying Mike at a rate that is clearly lower than the federal and state minimum wages today. The U.S. Department of Labor allows some categories of workers to be paid less than the minimum wage, to try and avoid hindering their employ-ability. Examples include young workers under 20, full-time students working in certain sectors, and those with physical or mental disabilities.

None of those are the case because you didn't receive a check at the end that had how much you were paid... It was an advertisement in a newspaper, meaning that was the going rate. In other words that is an instance where the Wiki's theory is flat out wrong (and in a silly way).

As I said the best explanation, if it wasn't a mistake, is that they aren't paying you enough. I mean it isn't like they aren't breaking several laws. It just never occurred to me that they could be underpaying you on purpose.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: December 29, 2016, 08:05:12 am »

I'm not sure if I should post in Terraria thread, but I want to. Will it count as necro-post?
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 637