Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 88

Author Topic: Nitpicks that Ruined Movies  (Read 130001 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nitpicks that Ruined Movies
« Reply #675 on: January 11, 2015, 11:12:25 am »

Any situation that could be resolved if people just communicated. I can't think of any from the top of my head, but I know there's tons of movies (maybe I'm getting it confused with games) where the plot could be resolved in the first 30 minutes if the hero simply talked to somebody.

Well here is a hint or two
1) The government doesn't actually want the war to end
and
2) We are not the good guys

I was saying in general, not about Starship Troopers.

Bonus points for the show I just watched yesterday

Because people UP FRONT asked what the heck the villains were talking about... and the villains said a completely different reason for why they were doing anything.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 11, 2015, 11:29:38 am »

Any situation that could be resolved if people just communicated. I can't think of any from the top of my head, but I know there's tons of movies (maybe I'm getting it confused with games) where the plot could be resolved in the first 30 minutes if the hero simply talked to somebody.
This, as a general note. :-\ So MANY scenarios where the protagonist could've just...talked directly, would've fixed many more things than firepower and fists. >_<
(Like in World War Z :v)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 11, 2015, 11:44:14 am »

Just clearifying World war Z the movie not the book right?

The movie was not even remotely close to the book
That ruined the movie for me, it litteraly didn't follow a single thing from the book
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 11, 2015, 11:47:48 am »

That ruined the movie for me, it litteraly didn't follow a single thing from the book

To quote something annoying: "Well the movie wasn't for fans of the book"

and believe it or not... that is the Nitpick that officially made me hate Star Trek the first. I actually liked it, but thought it was kind of weak in its teenie bopper dumb aspect... but you know it was going for something different, not necessarily the direction I would have went with it, but still.

But yes a quote from the creator actually managed to be the Nitpick that ruined the movie.. If only because it is a deflection that is completely wrong in every conceivable sense and represents a large dishonesty from the creator. Since he didn't chose Star Trek because he thought he would put his own spin on it, he picked it for brand recognition.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:50:45 am by Neonivek »

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 11, 2015, 12:13:28 pm »

Not a movie, but sooooo many problems with The Twilight Zone.

The biggest ones have to do with astronauts being grossly incompetent. Case in point, that episode where the astronauts crash land in the middle of some barren desert.

Sensible CHILDREN would think, well we weren't in space long enough to go that far, but just in case let me wear my spacesuit so I don't die from virtually everything (temperature, lack of oxygen, vacuum of space etc. etc.)

Instead these so called astronauts, immediately conclude that they are on an asteroid far removed from Earth. And despite thinking that, just waltz on out without any protection. This completely ruins the twist of the episode
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, and you would think, having some understanding of astronomy, physics and navigation, they'd be able to figure out where the hell they are by the position/size of the sun. Instead of the, rather insane, belief that they are on an asteroid.

Also all giant robot movies, because such things simply cannot exist. They would either collapse on their own weight, or if their piloted, the pilot would faint from motion sickness

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 11, 2015, 12:35:06 pm »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:04:05 am by penguinofhonor »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 11, 2015, 01:00:26 pm »

Yeah ._. I read the book (ok, the synopsis) and it was..err. Different. Yes, the movie--sorry bout that.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 11, 2015, 01:10:37 pm »

Yeah ._. I read the book (ok, the synopsis) and it was..err. Different. Yes, the movie--sorry bout that.
It's ok
You should totaly read the book though
It was spectacular

For those interested, it's basicaly a journalist that goes around after the zombie apocalypse and humanity regains it's footing and he talks to the more notable survivors or the ones with good stories to tell. One of my favorite chapters in the book was him talking to an astronout who was trapped in the ISS for a few years because ya know the world was going to hell, some how people managed to send up a craft to get them out of there though so ya

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 11, 2015, 01:18:50 pm »

Al Pacino's makeup in The Godfather: Part 3. Very distracting and it made other flaws far more noticeable.

Spoiler: It really annoyed me. (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 11, 2015, 01:35:31 pm »

Al Pacino's makeup in The Godfather: Part 3. Very distracting and it made other flaws far more noticeable.

Spoiler: It really annoyed me. (click to show/hide)

I have some trouble seeing the problem. I guess I can see there's something off, but I cannot say what that would be. Care to elaborate?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 11, 2015, 01:51:11 pm »

I have some trouble seeing the problem. I guess I can see there's something off, but I cannot say what that would be. Care to elaborate?

It's hard to explain because all the pictures of it look quite decent, but when you actually watch the movie though it doesn't quite work and it looks really fake. I'm just struggling to locate a good example.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 11, 2015, 01:57:48 pm »

It's ok
You should totaly read the book though
It was spectacular

For those interested, it's basicaly a journalist that goes around after the zombie apocalypse and humanity regains it's footing and he talks to the more notable survivors or the ones with good stories to tell. One of my favorite chapters in the book was him talking to an astronout who was trapped in the ISS for a few years because ya know the world was going to hell, some how people managed to send up a craft to get them out of there though so ya

That is, I'm afraid, impossible.

The ISS always has two escape pods (ie, a soyuz) docked. Thus, astronauts can always return to Earth if needed.

Pretty sure they also don't have a few years of life support.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 11, 2015, 01:59:10 pm »

It was only like a quarter of the normal staff I think too

I never said it was possible I just said it was fun to read, don't you dare nit pick that book till I can't read it any more

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 11, 2015, 02:02:43 pm »

Really, my main problem with that book is

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 11, 2015, 02:04:53 pm »

Really, my main problem with that book is

.-. That's not all that bothering...
Almost any zombie movie/book portays national militaries as sucking hardcore
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 88