Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002066 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2012, 11:45:00 pm »

I believe in telepathy. It's the only way the cavemen could have communicated!

Clearly they could have just used telephones.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2012, 11:46:58 pm »

I believe in telepathy. It's the only way the cavemen could have communicated!

Clearly they could have just used telephones.
'LO? U HEER ME NAO?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2012, 03:12:00 am »

I think one of the stupidest things I've ever heard was "Water, fire, air, and dirt. Fuckin' magnets how do they work?"
Sorry, but this doesn't count :P

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2012, 07:12:06 pm »

HEY GUYS CAN YOU HEAR ME IF I PUNCH IN WITH BIGGER LETTERS? MAYBE THE LETTERS BEING BIGGER WILL MAKE THEM COME THROUGH CLEARER!

ÿ HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT THAT CAME OUT OF MY KEYBOARD? THE SIGNALS MUST BE BOUNCING OFF THE MOON OR SOMETHING!

SOMEONE SHOOT DOWN THE MOON PLEASE
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2012, 12:46:27 am »

Today, I was bagging. I directly asked the customer what kind of bag they wanted. They told me plastic. The dumbass cashier who everyone hates turns to me and says 'They want plastic.' After I just started bagging in plastic.
I know. I initiated a conversation with them over that choice. They were talking to me. You stupid bitch. Just because you're ten inches closer to them, you think I can't hear them and you can? I'm half your age, I've got better hearing than you could believe. Argh.

Also, she started talking about church to me, and to make her stop, I told her I was a muslim (I'm not, nothing against them though). An hour later, the cool cashier came up to me and said the dumb ass cashier was worried I was a terrorist. Based on the fact I said I was muslim and didn't want to talk about jesus with her.
People like this are why murder happens.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2012, 12:53:15 am »

I once spent twenty minutes in my english class trying to explain to somebody that the word seductive didn't always have sexual connotations. They still didn't get it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2012, 01:05:18 am »

I once spent twenty minutes in my english class trying to explain to somebody that the word seductive didn't always have sexual connotations. They still didn't get it.

You know, that explanation would have probably saved me a lot of embarrassment in high school.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2012, 01:40:40 am »

Also, she started talking about church to me, and to make her stop, I told her I was a muslim (I'm not, nothing against them though). An hour later, the cool cashier came up to me and said the dumb ass cashier was worried I was a terrorist. Based on the fact I said I was muslim and didn't want to talk about jesus with her.
I applaud your actions. Standing ovation, man.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2012, 05:29:53 am »

*stuff*
Sounds like NAR material there.

OwlEpicurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 06, 2012, 09:09:17 am »

My stepsister, dad, and I are watching the news (well, I'm actually on my laptop playing Heroes 3) when a story about the Mars rover comes on.  My stepsister then says, "Why did we send another one to Mars?  I thought we didn't find anything the first time."  ::)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 06, 2012, 02:46:13 pm »

No, it's about using it out of context. You don't use it for obituaries, resumes, or anything that is even remotely serious. It's like using smileyfaces every other word, or ALLCAPS, it conveys non-spoken information contradictory to the message. It's like shouting ecstatically "Hey buddy! Guess what? Your puppy *drumroll* DIED! :D" That inappropriate.
I mean, yeah, it's a really terrible typeface for those, but that's not its fault. Just because someone plays Norwegian Wood at a wedding doesn't mean the song sucks, just that the person is an idiot.

Norwegian Wood.. as in the Allan Holdsworth song? :D
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 06, 2012, 05:05:01 pm »

Everyone knows it was in a Beatles Album, so it is immediately a Beatles song.

Flawed logic aside, I was viewing this topic for educational purposes, found that femitheist blog, and found this.

I thought that blog was funny until now.
Hello Hunam

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #177 on: August 06, 2012, 06:09:48 pm »

Everyone knows it was in a Beatles Album, so it is immediately a Beatles song.

Flawed logic aside, I was viewing this topic for educational purposes, found that femitheist blog, and found this.

I thought that blog was funny until now.
Eh, you won't be seeing anything of worth in that blog.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 06, 2012, 08:49:26 pm »

My stepsister, dad, and I are watching the news (well, I'm actually on my laptop playing Heroes 3) when a story about the Mars rover comes on.  My stepsister then says, "Why did we send another one to Mars?  I thought we didn't find anything the first time."  ::)

Try Earth, land in Atacama Desert and computer would tell you its dead. This is due to parts actually being completly dead of bacterial life. Just because you land in one spot don't mean the planet is dead. dead stupid perhaps.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 06, 2012, 09:04:09 pm »

"The Curiosity landing is the most important scientific breakthrough of my lifetime!"

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 510