Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004345 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #960 on: August 24, 2012, 10:13:41 am »

Did i mention his name was XXCHRIST-SAVIORXX1999?

Ah. This applies then. No offense intended.

At first I thought your comic might be actually rational. Alas, no. It's one of those "holier less holy-than-thou" atheists.

"I have no religion and you shouldn't either. I'm an atheist, it's not just a different belief though, it makes me fucking special! It makes me smarter than you stone-age religious fools! Religion sucks! Why should anyone have any fundamental right to believe in religion? What kind of backwards douchebag would give them that? Never mind that that's the same right that lets me be an atheist. It only should apply in one direction! Everyone needs to be an atheist! Then we wouldn't have douchebags like Fred Phelps or bin Laden! After all, they're the only religious people on Earth."
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 24, 2012, 10:14:21 am »

The dude supports his premises well but they don't support his final conclusion, as he's lumping all religions together with the ones that impose their arbitrary morality on others.

[/pedantry]
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 24, 2012, 10:16:39 am »

Wow!

I didn't realize Tibet had a living human carpet!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 24, 2012, 10:17:49 am »

Let's not get into this. I've got a million fun little pictures on my harddrive for just this arguement, and I'd rather not get banned over something like this. Let's just argee to disagree, and I'll remove the comic. :) I was hoping for a different macromeme religion image, but that's the one I found first. Poor judgement on my part.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 24, 2012, 10:18:14 am »

Whenever SAVE TIBET people say china kills millions of tibetans daily, a smidge of my faith in humanity goes poof.
Yeahhh....the whole Tibetan thing is a very popular cause for beginning lefty activists to cut their teeth on. Which means you get a lot of people with good intentions and bad research. The reality is a lot more convoluted.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 24, 2012, 10:20:20 am »

Let's not get into this. I've got a million fun little pictures on my harddrive for just this arguement, and I'd rather not get banned over something like this. Let's just argee to disagree, and I'll remove the comic. :) I was hoping for a different macromeme religion image, but that's the one I found first. Poor judgement on my part.
Go ahead and bump the theology topic and we can go mano mano. I like going devils advocate, especially on stuff I only half agree with in the first place.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #966 on: August 24, 2012, 10:21:22 am »

Did i mention his name was XXCHRIST-SAVIORXX1999?

At first I thought your comic might be actually rational. Alas, no. It's one of those "holier less holy-than-thou" atheists.
Well it was a rant on all the crap, hate and ignorance religion causes. I didn't really see him trying to establish superiority at all, he was just mad that there are Christians who literally teach things like "condoms cause aids" and said it was obsolete. Probably not a discussion fit for a stupid thread.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 24, 2012, 10:22:42 am »

Indeed. It was an ill-thought out post, let's move on to people being stupid, and not be stupid ourselves. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #968 on: August 24, 2012, 10:23:43 am »

Whenever SAVE TIBET people say china kills millions of tibetans daily, a smidge of my faith in humanity goes poof.
Yeahhh....the whole Tibetan thing is a very popular cause for beginning lefty activists to cut their teeth on. Which means you get a lot of people with good intentions and bad research. The reality is a lot more convoluted.
Thank you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #969 on: August 25, 2012, 01:52:12 am »

Aaaaand on an entirely different video in youtube someone is convinced the only thing the Japanese did in WWII was bomb pearl harbour and get bombed in Hiroshima.

Just...

What exactly do they teach in schools?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 25, 2012, 02:05:24 am »

Sex Ed? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 25, 2012, 03:58:18 am »

Aaaaand on an entirely different video in youtube someone is convinced the only thing the Japanese did in WWII was bomb pearl harbour and get bombed in Hiroshima.

Just...

The same people who claim the US beat Germany, I'd guess...

I also find it funny how some people consider the bombing of Pearl Harbor some sort of "darkest hour" in history, and that it justified anything the US did to Japan. PH was a military site. Of course it'll be the target for an act of war!

As for those who say it was wrong to nuke Hiroshima and Nagasaki, they should also think again. Operation Downfall would have cost more lives on both sides. Less civilian casualties though, as Japan wouldn't have had non-combatants  ::) The US were even planning on using strategic nukes as tactical weapons. ‼Warfare‼ at it's finest!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 25, 2012, 04:02:53 am »

Just...

The same people who claim the US beat Germany, I'd guess...

I also find it funny how some people consider the bombing of Pearl Harbor some sort of "darkest hour" in history, and that it justified anything the US did to Japan. PH was a military site. Of course it'll be the target for an act of war!

As for those who say it was wrong to nuke Hiroshima and Nagasaki, they should also think again. Operation Downfall would have cost more lives on both sides. Less civilian casualties though, as Japan wouldn't have had non-combatants  ::) The US were even planning on using strategic nukes as tactical weapons. ‼Warfare‼ at it's finest!
I wouldn't know about that, Fatman and Little boy were kind of whats left of what they manufactured during that time so it would have taken another 6 months for them to make more bombs and then china and russia would have bumrushed into the islands.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #973 on: August 25, 2012, 04:44:01 am »

.... :/
What... what happened to the entire Pacific War? D:

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 25, 2012, 04:58:31 am »

It sunk without a trace.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 510