Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002111 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #1275 on: September 27, 2012, 02:04:57 pm »

If you come to Toronto, YOU and ME and KAI are DOING STUFF.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: September 27, 2012, 02:06:29 pm »

Except I'm not gay or a woman... :'( Maybe I'll just get all the women 6/10 and under?
BURTA WANT WILLSAUCE NAHW! OM NOM NOM NOM NOM! WILLSAUCE IS GOOD MEN TO BURTA AND WILL MAKE SNU SNU WITH BURTA SOON HUH HUH HUH HUH!

But it's GB and the accents there are sexy so all the women are above a 6? Even Burta.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: September 27, 2012, 02:06:41 pm »

Stay away from London.  It contains Londoners :o
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: September 27, 2012, 02:10:21 pm »

If you come to Toronto, YOU and ME and KAI are DOING STUFF.
Awesome. Let's play Mario Kart. Pants optional.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1279 on: September 27, 2012, 02:11:11 pm »

Airports are only necessary when you can't bomb them into a fine paste.
That's when Madagascar activates... ZEE SHEILDS!

Stay away from London.  It contains Londoners :o
yeh wot fam i set my mates on you innit wot you gonna do about it?!
SHUTUP FAM I BASH YOU UP
butters fob

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: September 27, 2012, 02:41:58 pm »

loleurope.

You and your fancy totebags and androgynous men. And hairy women.

Europe.
I want to go to Europe. I would probably lose weight. The food looks hideous and it comes in tiny, baby sized portions.

I went to London once. The only ugly women there were foreigners, and the food was fucking delicious and came in HUGE quantities. I could get fat there, and I'm stick thin.
we must have visited a different london, then. i hooked up with a polish and a czec girls, but the british were stuff of nightmares. there were some cute guys though

loleurope.

Europe.
I want to go to Europe. I would probably lose weight. The food looks hideous and it comes in tiny, baby sized portions.
you must have never heard of southern europe

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: September 27, 2012, 02:49:20 pm »

Welp. Somebody pulled a classic 'stupid thing to say' on the bus today. Went on a tangent whose topic was 'Aliens built the pyramids!!!!!!!1!!!1!oneoneone'

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: September 27, 2012, 02:51:04 pm »

Maybe they were talking about Stargate.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: September 27, 2012, 02:54:40 pm »

Nope. Believe me, I'd know. I am such a Stargate fanboy. Although I kinda found Atlantis meh, and the later seasons of SG-1 really bored me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: September 27, 2012, 02:58:39 pm »

* kaijyuu only really likes the first movie.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1285 on: September 27, 2012, 03:01:01 pm »

Welp. Somebody pulled a classic 'stupid thing to say' on the bus today. Went on a tangent whose topic was 'Aliens built the pyramids!!!!!!!1!!!1!oneoneone'
Hey Bay12, I need your help. With the powers of Captain internet, I need irrefutable proof of the pyramid's mundane construction.
The tin foil hat argument:
*Some of these pyramids are biiiiiiiiiiig. Some so, that even laying one block per x would take so and so years. I forgot the numbers, but yeah, it follows as x = small time, so and so = rhetorically large number.
*Some of them were built in such a way that you wouldn't be able to fit a blade between the cracks.

My counters:
*Yo dawg, they weren't placed block by block.
             *Some were made out of unmortared stone1.
             *Precise blocks could be made by chiseling with naught but a chisel and a hammer. Making each block individual, yet fitting.
             *They wouldn't have been hauled around with ropes, mammoths and hairy men. Or Jews. A single person with a simple place of leverage could after all, move the world.
             *Otherwise they would've just rolled the stone in place with logs.
             1*And a lot of ye oldie civilizations had access to stuff like mortaring. Zee Mayans did theirs with plaster and limestone. The cracks are small much in the same way as concrete ._.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: September 27, 2012, 03:05:36 pm »

His arguments were a bit different. He claimed that the carvings were perfect and all sorts of shit like that.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: September 27, 2012, 03:08:41 pm »

His arguments were a bit different. He claimed that the carvings were perfect and all sorts of shit like that.
The ancient Egyptians knew what they were doing. Btw, what carvings?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: September 27, 2012, 03:10:14 pm »

I dunno. I think he meant hieroglyphs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: September 27, 2012, 03:12:34 pm »

loleurope.

Europe.
Dude...Prague. Everywhere I went I got potato dumplings the size of a fucking football. And bratwurst like a baby's arm. (take that how you will)
And fresh pints of glorious beer for like 80 cents each. (this was pre-Euro, and the exchange rate to the krona was favorable)

As to the pyramid thing:
1. Compression force. Yeah, you can't fit a blade between the cracks because there's several hundred thousand tons of rock pushing those bottom stones together.
2. If flawless carving = aliens, then what about all those intricate Maya petroglyphs? (yes, that's likely to just feed into his argument rather than recognizing that quality stonecarving skills can exist in the absence of modern technology).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 510