Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002220 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #2055 on: October 11, 2012, 12:19:50 am »

My parents were obsessed with it, so I picked up a lot from second-hand television. My favorite would probably be the man and woman that ended up going to the end together, she won, and then they got married. I mean, damn.

They did a really good job marketing their celebrity after that, too. They've appeared as a couple in like 6 other reality tv shows.

Yeah, it was a pretty smart way for them to go about it. Sort of impressive, honestly.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: October 11, 2012, 12:25:08 am »

There was one decent fellow a few seasons back, before I stopped watching. Some old guy. He won, IIRC. And he was awesome.
I remember one guy, he didn't win but he was the most manipulative, evil bastard ever. My god, that guy was good.
You just described damn near every person on the show.
Have you seen Russle? He takes it to a whole new level. He stole his own teams hatchet and hid it to make everyone miserable. Also, he managed to find 3 idols.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: October 11, 2012, 05:10:35 am »

You guys and your reality television  ::)

Urist McPenguinhead

• Bay Watcher
  • dungeon master with questionable motives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: October 11, 2012, 05:36:17 am »

I go to my school's engineering lab/computer stockpile and play Dwarf Fortress

Lucky! I tried that once and was yelled at by the librarian. I think she said something like "What have you done?! You broke the computer! What are all those numbers on the screen?" She then proceeded to 'ban' me from the library, although I was back at lunch :p

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: October 11, 2012, 05:39:41 am »

Who the hell decided that giving people authority over stuff they understand nothing about was a good idea?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: October 11, 2012, 09:33:32 am »

There was one decent fellow a few seasons back, before I stopped watching. Some old guy. He won, IIRC. And he was awesome.
I remember one guy, he didn't win but he was the most manipulative, evil bastard ever. My god, that guy was good.
Was it that chinese-american guy? Yao-something I think? He invented the fake idol. It was fun watching everyone fall for it.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: October 11, 2012, 09:34:49 am »

Who the hell decided that giving people authority over stuff they understand nothing about was a good idea?

That's democracy for you.

Oh, you were referring to the previous post, weren't you?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: October 11, 2012, 09:46:29 am »

That's life for you.
ftfy

Even in the People's Glorious Workers' Paradise, there are a lot of people in charge who know fuck-all about the things they're in charge of.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: October 11, 2012, 10:02:55 am »

Autocracies are run by the men with the bigest gun.

Democracies are run by the men with the prettiest face.

Niether of those men have the slightest clue what a "Transportification system" is.

They think it's a sort of plant.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: October 11, 2012, 10:11:27 am »

That's life for you.
ftfy

Even in the People's Glorious Workers' Paradise, there are a lot of people in charge who know fuck-all about the things they're in charge of.

Technically, PGW Paradise would have transcended so far into communism that it would be the purest form of democracy, would it not? :P
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: October 11, 2012, 10:30:00 am »

That's life for you.
ftfy

Technically, PGW Paradise would have transcended so far into communism that it would be the purest form of democracy, would it not? :P
yes, but even in less pure forms, it is known as the Worker's Paradise, because calling it anything less is a sign of discontent. Which would be counter-revolutionary and not to be tolerated. North Korea is Best Korea, because calling it Pretty Good Korea is a ticket to the re-education camp. Which is likely overseen by a person who knows fuck-all about education.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: October 11, 2012, 10:38:48 am »

Well, democracy is supposed to be a meritocracy. It was sort of assumed people would vote for the most qualified people for the job, appoint experts to run certain fields and have these officials accountable and easy to fire.

However... meritocracy is 'elitist' in it's own way and people vote for candidates with 'the best character' and at best, everybody is just voting out of their own self interest.

However, the USA and every other so-called democracy isn't even really a democracy anyways. It's a society of laws. Which is why it functions as well as it does despite everything else wrong with these systems.

I think it might be time to reevaluate how governments are run. Think of a new system that actually works. See what works and what doesn't and base a political ideology or philosophy based on their common themes. Keeping in mind the flawed nature of human beings in a vast society and their foibles. Keep it sustainable too.

Actually, fuck all that, let's just design an advanced AI supercomputer and do whatever it says.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: October 11, 2012, 11:23:45 am »

Well, democracy is supposed to be a meritocracy. It was sort of assumed people would vote for the most qualified people for the job, appoint experts to run certain fields and have these officials accountable and easy to fire.

However... meritocracy is 'elitist' in it's own way and people vote for candidates with 'the best character' and at best, everybody is just voting out of their own self interest.

However, the USA and every other so-called democracy isn't even really a democracy anyways. It's a society of laws. Which is why it functions as well as it does despite everything else wrong with these systems.

I think it might be time to reevaluate how governments are run. Think of a new system that actually works. See what works and what doesn't and base a political ideology or philosophy based on their common themes. Keeping in mind the flawed nature of human beings in a vast society and their foibles. Keep it sustainable too.

Actually, fuck all that, let's just design an advanced AI supercomputer complete Dwarf Fortress 1.0 and do whatever it says.

FTFY
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: October 11, 2012, 11:34:39 am »

Problem being, how are people supposed to judge who is most qualified for positions that they themselves know fuck-all about? And then actually know anything about the candidates? Democracy is inherently broken by lack of information. And ironically, despite living in the "Information Age" our modern world abounds in a lack of information at the individual level. The system can know trillions of minutiae about a given individual, but the individual has great difficulty getting information about the system.

I've long argued that democracy has an inherent upper and lower bound of effectivity. Too small a population, and you give any one deranged individual too much power. Too large a population, and it simply becomes unwieldy. India's the largest democracy in the world, but that's because it functions more like a confederation of 28 smaller countries. And I use the term "functions" loosely.

I'd be down for the computer thing. I for one welcome our cold, unfeeling mechanical overlord.

Khorne

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only Blood God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: October 11, 2012, 12:22:25 pm »

My brothers girlfriend asked me "Who's Stephen Hawking?" I facepalmed hard that day.
You should roll with it. Say he was some famous general or something, who conquered all of Greece and lost it to the Chinese.
The dirty capitalist Chinese.

But then Greece was freed by the revolution thrown by the uber badass, JFK, who was in turn assassinated by Hitler, who would go on to conquer Germany and create the Holocaust.
But you know, Hitler wasn't all bad. He did kill Hitler.
The Nazis also conducted a bunch of scientific research without harming any animals.
They didn't think of it that way.

The world was shit anyways until George Washington was elected, with his vice-president Abraham Lincoln, and he led the Americans to end WWI and WWII in one fell swoop.
Unfortunately I told her how smart he is, and (indirectly mind you) how stupid and ignorent she is compaired to him. She also doesnt know who participated in WWII and WWI. So I'll give her this weird ass story but leave Hawking out and replace him with Albert Einstein.
This is my signature. Notice how it is all clean and bloodless? Well a sacrifice of Men Women or Space Marines will help me put blood on this signature,
-Khrone 2013.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 510