Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002069 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #3180 on: December 10, 2012, 03:12:13 pm »

Silly Sealy (whoa), the A11 moon landing was faked.

They landed on Mars.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: December 10, 2012, 03:15:22 pm »

xkcd's comment: "You're missing the obvious argument: If NASA was willing to fake great accomplishments, why hasn't there been anything exciting for ages?" (paraphrased, of course :P )
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: December 10, 2012, 04:18:10 pm »

What did he do to get shot?

My guess involves an evil genius and the words "This is the price for failure."

And how come he's been in 11 (dafuq?) accidents?

Oil slicks, man! He's always been in the cars that simply crash into a tree or some other car, not in one of the cars that fly off a cliff and burst into flames.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: December 10, 2012, 04:35:24 pm »

So he's Deadpool?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: December 10, 2012, 07:08:06 pm »

So's my dad, though. Like, not even joking, the dude's been in 11 car wrecks, been struck by lightning, gotten shot in the face at point blank range, and lives in a house with three girls, two of them teenagers.
Oh, a family man!

What did he do to get shot? And how come he's been in 11 (dafuq?) accidents?

He was locking up the resturaunt. Crazy guy with a gun busts in. He hits alarm. Badguy shoots him and runs away. Creepyass 911 call he loves to show to people, end of story.

I don't know why he's been in 11 accidents. He claims they aren't his fault but after the fifth or so accident you start to wonder...

Well now we know we know where earths Rincewind winded up. What do they do if you're shot in the face, by the way?
Well, it hit his jaw, so they pulled as much of the bullet out as they could (one out of three peices. The other two were near his spine and jugular) and clamped his jaw shut for about half a year, IIRC. This was when I was like, 7-10 though. Long time ago.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Carric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: December 10, 2012, 10:36:57 pm »

Silly Sealy (whoa), the A11 moon landing was faked.

They landed on Mars.
'Little do they know I did stage the moon landings... ON VENUS!'

My thoughts (Conversation with stupid person who actually doesn't exist) on this:

Me: "So those people who died trying to get into space really didn't die?"
Some stupid person: "But it must be true! I've seen it on Fox News!"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3186 on: December 11, 2012, 02:35:38 pm »

*Fox news is filmed in Alpha Centauri.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: December 11, 2012, 03:07:26 pm »

I get all my political news from FOX news. I love their unbiased, not-opinionated-whatsoever stances on topics. On a completely unrelated note, I am retarded.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: December 11, 2012, 03:11:01 pm »

I get all my political news from FOX news. I love their unbiased, not-opinionated-whatsoever stances on topics. On a completely unrelated note, I am retarded.
I agree with half of this statement.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: December 11, 2012, 03:12:36 pm »

In the cowboy universe.
You mean America Centauri. Which is a trinary system composed of a red giant, white giant and blue giant. Sure, liberal weenie scientists claim that not only is such a system impossible but that the combined radiation would fry every living thing. But that's because they don't count on the power of hard work and Christian faith to protect real Americans from their fearmongering "star rays".

America Centauri Prime's dominant lifeform? The jet-propelled bald eagle.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 03:20:33 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: December 11, 2012, 03:17:14 pm »

In the cowboy universe.
You mean America Centauri. Which is a trinary system composed of a red giant, white giant and blue giant. Sure, liberal weenie scientists claim that not only is such a system impossible but that the combined radiation would fry every living thing. But that's because they don't count on the power of hard work and Christian faith to protect real Americans from their fearmongering "star rays".

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: December 11, 2012, 04:03:22 pm »

In the cowboy universe.

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

At first I wondered why you were chanting "UA UA UA", but then I remembered that I don't use Darkling.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: December 11, 2012, 04:08:17 pm »

In the cowboy universe.

At first I wondered why you were chanting "UA UA UA", but then I remembered that I don't use Darkling.
UA UA O'Reilly fhtagn?

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: December 11, 2012, 04:11:30 pm »

In the cowboy universe.

UA UA O'Reilly fhtagn?

O'Reilly obviously isn't sleeping in R'lyeh, though. I wish he was; it would save us all a lot of SAN points.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: December 11, 2012, 04:23:44 pm »

UA UA O'Reilly fhtagn?

O'Reilly obviously isn't sleeping in R'lyeh, though. I wish he was; it would save us all a lot of SAN points.

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 510