Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004536 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #5595 on: July 13, 2013, 11:09:12 am »

It's not really what people say even though it kind of is but it gets on my nerves when people put words in my mouth or repeat themselves to me like I'm some braindead buffoon just because of either my age or my disabilities. The words that come out of these mouths that decide they want to underestimate my knowledge and understanding of the world in general are stupid, insidious, and often times frequently inspire thoughts of eugenics, genocide and mass sterilization in my mind. It's no wonder why I hate most people when this sort of thing happens whenever I interact with someone on a day-to-day basis.
Welcome to the club.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5596 on: July 13, 2013, 07:33:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: July 14, 2013, 04:41:29 am »

It's not really what people say even though it kind of is but it gets on my nerves when people put words in my mouth or repeat themselves to me like I'm some braindead buffoon just because of either my age or my disabilities. The words that come out of these mouths that decide they want to underestimate my knowledge and understanding of the world in general are stupid, insidious, and often times frequently inspire thoughts of eugenics, genocide and mass sterilization in my mind. It's no wonder why I hate most people when this sort of thing happens whenever I interact with someone on a day-to-day basis.
Welcome to the club.
Well to be fair most of the stuff I went through as a child that ended up with me developing Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder kind of is what lead to me hating most people, and even then what I mentioned in my earlier post just reinforces that loathing where it is applicable. Usually then though my hate is directed more towards those in my age group and those younger than me who pull this kind of shit.

I'm more willing to tolerate it if it's someone who is in their forties, fifties, sixties or beyond that happens to be doing this as despite my knowledge and my understanding of the world and the things within it there are those who have more experience than I do who might be able to help me. The problem is that sometimes they do this without knowing my circumstances, which leads me to wanting to tear out their jugular vein or something similar. In fact I tend to prefer being given advice from someone who is within my inner circle, which means that I would rather get my advice from my mother than that miserable old conservative woman that thinks I'm just another drunk party-going college student who just the other day said that it's okay for Christians to lie. It's not okay to lie. I was raised to understand that honesty is the best policy and as far as I'm concerned if you don't want to say something to someone then just don't say it.

...I think I need a nice, strong drink after reminiscing about that.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: July 14, 2013, 12:53:55 pm »

You'd have hated me when I was little.

Social awkwardness and my lack of having dealt with people with... basically any form of disability outside broken bones made me really awful when it came to people with them. Not out of spite, but out of sheer social ineptitude.
People with a (non-mental/minor mental) disability were basically the only people that I've actually talked with and that actually didn't exclude me as a person from their group. They're nice people, if you're in luck. They can be assholes about some things too, but in my experience, they usually aren't.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: July 14, 2013, 01:13:05 pm »

Social awkwardness and my lack of having dealt with people with... basically any form of disability outside broken bones made me really awful when it came to people with them. Not out of spite, but out of sheer social ineptitude.
People with a (non-mental/minor mental) disability were basically the only people that I've actually talked with and that actually didn't exclude me as a person from their group. They're nice people, if you're in luck. They can be assholes about some things too, but in my experience, they usually aren't.
I've found that, the majority of the time, people with mental disability are actually the more normal ones. And by 'normal' I mean 'doesn't act like a complete idiot for no good reason'. Of course, in both groups, there are exceptions. A kid in a wheelchair with autism telling a not-particularly-nice ginger girl to go to a 'ginger concentration camp' springs to mind.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: July 14, 2013, 01:16:14 pm »

There's only one truly valid generalization you can make about people: People are varied. There are assholes and good people in every group.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: July 14, 2013, 01:35:39 pm »

There's only one truly valid generalization you can make about people: People are varied. There are assholes and good people in every group.
I will go one further. Humans are far more varied then people imagine they are, and are more varied then they can imagine. This actually explains different philosophy's pretty well, as, for example, Libertarians have difficulty imagining anyone would willingly want to live in a more protected and less, thinking of a unloaded word here, allowing society.

I've found that, the majority of the time, people with mental disability are actually the more normal ones. And by 'normal' I mean 'doesn't act like a complete idiot for no good reason'. Of course, in both groups, there are exceptions. A kid in a wheelchair with autism telling a not-particularly-nice ginger girl to go to a 'ginger concentration camp' springs to mind.
My sister(Who has Asperger's) would vouch for this. There are some nice kids out there, and some absolutely massive asshats in training.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: July 14, 2013, 01:37:27 pm »

Yeah, I agree with you lot. Although I can generalise that, in my school's current year 9, over half of the boys regularly annoy the teachers.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: July 14, 2013, 01:50:09 pm »

Meanwhile, on FSTDT, I found this:
There were probably many Jews who died in the Holocaust who were Christians.

Full quote is here: http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=12775
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: July 14, 2013, 01:51:11 pm »

Meanwhile, on FSTDT, I found this:
There were probably many Jews who died in the Holocaust who were Christians.

Full quote is here: http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=12775
Oh come on, quoting FSTDT isn't fair. That's like quoting YouTube comments.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: July 14, 2013, 02:12:31 pm »

Also, there's a difference between Jewish (ethnicity) and Jewish (religion).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: July 14, 2013, 02:17:52 pm »

And I'm fairly certain the Nazis killed any jews (ethnicity), regardless of their religion.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: July 14, 2013, 03:22:53 pm »

And I'm fairly certain the Nazis killed any jews (ethnicity), regardless of their religion.

The only way to be sure of that would to be a Nazi.

* LordSlowpoke stares at Gamerlord questioningly.

checkmate atheists

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: July 14, 2013, 03:24:48 pm »

That sounds like something a Nazi would say to get suspicion off their back.
*Gamerlord stares back at LordSlowpoke questioningly.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: July 14, 2013, 03:31:23 pm »

That sounds like something a Nazi would say to get suspicion off their back.
*Gamerlord stares back at LordSlowpoke questioningly.

Who, me? I'm sorry, I didn't exactly hear you over the sound of burgers and a thousand eagles singing praise of the Fü- founding fathers and FREEDOMS. Now if you excuse me, I appear to have left my grill on with all the barbecue on it so~

* LordSlowpoke quickly jumps into a conveniently parked spaceship and departs for the moon!
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 510