Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004254 times)

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #6420 on: September 14, 2013, 06:09:14 pm »

So earlier today, I was on another website, and somebody there was complaining about something that had nothing to do with what the site was about, even though that was against the rules of the site. I informed him that it was against the rules, and then someone said "omg Red shut up you're such a jerk." The really dumb part of this was that the person who said that was an admin, so he knew it was against the rules.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: September 15, 2013, 01:23:05 am »

This is false. Matter can be both created and destroyed. Why are you claiming that it cannot? Who has taught you that it cannot be created or destroyed? Most importantly, why do you believe this is evidence in favor of young earth creationism?

Please link me to them. I'm not familiar with any such material.
XD What do you mean? Its a law of physics.

The more complicated answer is that in some nuclear reactions particles can be converted into energy ( like in a hydrogen bomb). If that happened to your atoms you would said they were destroyed. If you consider the familiar equation E=mc2 it means there is an equivalence between matter and energy.
But the simple answer is just so... much simpler.

What this means, is that all the matter in our world can be created, so it means it can only change form. Which means that, scientifically, evolution can't be true, because it requires more matter to be constatly produced (we have more matter than a one cell creature) evolution is supposed to be a explanation of us without the use of the supernatural. Obviously, mass had to be created at some point by something, but it has been made that more can't be created

I dont even. No. NO. Just...
because it requires more matter to be constatly produced (we have more matter than a one cell creature)
because it requires more matter to be constatly produced (we have more matter than a one cell creature)

My high school science teacher wasn't too far from this. He was awesome, but pretty fundamental.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: September 15, 2013, 03:06:48 am »

So the big bang means that young Earth creationism is true? What? How does a person even traverse that logical pathway?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: September 15, 2013, 03:10:10 am »

By the power given to him by Jezus, obviously.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: September 15, 2013, 07:03:45 am »

this is stupid i sure as hell don't believe in "space" which i sure as hell don't believve in neutron stars lol...what certain ppl sound like
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: September 15, 2013, 11:22:56 am »

this is stupid i sure as hell don't believe in "space" which i sure as hell don't believve in neutron stars lol...what certain ppl sound like
I'm gonna have to slap a fool.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: September 15, 2013, 11:31:18 am »

SCIENCE-RAAAAAAAAGE

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: September 15, 2013, 11:53:33 am »

I pity the fool who gets slapped by a space cat!
So do I. Cats have claws, so a space cat must have some sort of space-age alloy monofilament claws or something.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: September 15, 2013, 12:41:33 pm »

I pity the fool who gets slapped by a space cat!
So do I. Cats have claws, so a space cat must have some sort of space-age alloy monofilament claws or something.
Their claws tear through the space-time continuum.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: September 15, 2013, 02:29:42 pm »

http://24.media.tumblr.com/63240d390ee0ada9aeca2bce257cb3c7/tumblr_mt33htAxd01qbp945o1_500.png
Prepare for facepalms.
'See, it IS impossible if we do this: place two HUGE magnets inside gay people, and then make them face north out the front and back, then they cannot go near each other! Perfect sense!'
Actually, that's what he's saying. Huffington Post.

The worst part of this, the part that makes we want to go curl up in a ball and cry my eyes out, is that his university supports this, and that the faculty told him he would go on to win a Nobel Prize.

Why?

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: September 15, 2013, 02:31:38 pm »

Wait, his university actually supports that?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 02:35:52 pm by Redzephyr01 »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: September 15, 2013, 02:36:31 pm »

http://24.media.tumblr.com/63240d390ee0ada9aeca2bce257cb3c7/tumblr_mt33htAxd01qbp945o1_500.png
Prepare for facepalms.
'See, it IS impossible if we do this: place two HUGE magnets inside gay people, and then make them face north out the front and back, then they cannot go near each other! Perfect sense!'
Actually, that's what he's saying. Huffington Post.

The worst part of this, the part that makes we want to go curl up in a ball and cry my eyes out, is that his university supports this, and that the faculty told him he would go on to win a Nobel Prize.

Why?
Amalaha says his "groundbreaking" experiments show the north and south poles of two magnets are attracted to each other while same poles repel each other.

He concludes this “means that man cannot attract another man because they are the same, and a woman should not attract a woman because they are the same. That is how I used physics to prove gay marriage wrong".
Sorry, didn't know that magnet poles apply to everything else. I'm not allowed to mate with a human. Gonna go sodomise a sponge.
Real men sodomize undead giant sponges.
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 510