Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004523 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #6660 on: October 10, 2013, 11:37:31 am »

I'd rather not. Middle school would be a nightmare.

"Why're you thinking about dicks?" would become the new "Why're you hitting yourself?"
And the retort would be "Well why are you thinking about dicks?", or at least until everyone stops assigning such significance to people thinking relatively normal things.
That or we have made vocal speech the new whisper...

Next time on unrelated but sorta related theories...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: October 10, 2013, 12:28:18 pm »

I can reasonably see people being offended by these sports team names (and especially their mascots, being caricatures), but ultimately it's up to the native americans themselves whether they care or not.
The issue has nothing to do with people being offended about the team names - I can understand people being offended, whatever. But arguing about how offensive something is while saying something significantly MORE effective (the quote in question) is just - like, seriously, oh my fucking hell, that's just terrible. They're effectively saying that anyway that disagrees with them doesn't even have the right to be considered a member of their ethnic group.

That is terrible.

When you say "No self-respecting Indian would disagree with my opinion, and no self-respecting Indian would sit on their ass and let other people disagree with me, and if you are an Indian that disagrees with me well you're either not a real Indian or you have no self respect" you are being way, way, way more offensive against the group you are ostensibly trying to defend than almost any slight you could have found yourself worked up about.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: October 10, 2013, 12:32:56 pm »

Why is it that the people who get most offended by this sort of thing are rarely of the group that actually has a right to be offended?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: October 10, 2013, 12:38:37 pm »

Why is it that the people who get most offended by this sort of thing are rarely of the group that actually has a right to be offended?

Because no one gets to dictate who can and cannot be offended by something?

Though I know what you mean... Tis a joke :P

Mind you generally speaking I am told I am not allowed to be offended by, or have an opinion of, anything... AND I am told I am born evil and that I am scum as taught in school.

Wait this isn't the rage thread... hmmmm... Whoops :P
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 12:55:02 pm by Neonivek »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6664 on: October 10, 2013, 01:56:34 pm »

My observation of such things is that today's PC culture has become a sort of self-righteous behavior now. Like stated:
Who are they really trying to make feel better about these things? Themselves, or the group that would be offended? In most cases, I would assume the former.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:58:23 pm by Itnetlolor »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: October 10, 2013, 02:48:09 pm »

I find your comment offensive toward people who take offense to things that are in no way related to themselves.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: October 10, 2013, 02:59:12 pm »

My understanding is that Queen's University in Ontario, Canada have a team called The Queen's Golden Gaels. I don't really see what's offensive about that.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: October 10, 2013, 03:15:53 pm »

I think I might have found someone even dumber than that "anti-piv" guy. I hope this person is a troll, because if they aren't humanity as a whole is doomed.
http://scummy-world.tumblr.com/
This is ridiculously stupid, even for tumblr.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: October 10, 2013, 03:23:02 pm »

mobyfufu asked: Hi, you believe that all women are better then men, and also that men cannot be raped right? I suggest you search up Jeffrey Dahmer. Not to end this on a mean note, but I think it'll change your mind.

Actually, Jeffrey Dahmer is a man’s natural state.
Definitely trollin'.

LOL if you believe in the dictionary (that fyi is written by white cishets) then you’re NOT a feminist.
Troll. Definitely.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: October 10, 2013, 03:28:36 pm »

It's not really worth speculating on. This blog is so far beyond the Poe Event Horizon that there is no way to discern it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: October 10, 2013, 03:29:54 pm »

It's not really worth speculating on. This blog is so far beyond the Poe Event Horizon that there is no way to discern it.
This.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: October 10, 2013, 03:36:45 pm »

Hoponyculi.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: October 10, 2013, 03:38:27 pm »

Yeah, now that I think about it, there's no way they aren't trolling.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: October 10, 2013, 04:01:41 pm »

Presumably the actual Tumblrer is a troll, yeah. But there are some really hilarious questions:

regit27 asked: I used to think i was gay, but after reading your blog I realize that I really want to just rape women. Thank you for this enlightening, and now I'll start making my plans. Do you think I should use duct tape on their mouths, or is it better to listen to them scream and cry? I'm new to this and I could use some advice! Thankees!!!!!!!

In the off chance you don't get the joke, it's basically a gay guy saying that this woman got him to realize he's not gay, because he wants to do nothing but rape women. It's kind of a dark joke, yes.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: October 10, 2013, 04:43:34 pm »

Anonymous asked: disabled? like unable to walk?

I have a small scar on my left arm from a fence I tried to climb over but this patriarchal society doesn’t acknowledge my dis-empowered arm as a disability so I don’t get any extra recognition or monetary aid for it.
AHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
Oy.
I know the blog isn't funny, but bahahahaha that's ... fehehehehehehehehe.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 510