Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004211 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #6810 on: October 15, 2013, 07:18:22 pm »

What it actually means is the person using the term thinks they're owed sex/romance for just spending time or doing friendly things with someone they're interested in. So it's really a lot worse than that.

And I say this since it's only those types of people I've seen use it non jokingly/ironically.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: October 15, 2013, 07:20:49 pm »

Yeah, that's the connotation. I blame those durn vidya games what have "relationship bars". Not literally, but they are part of the problem.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: October 15, 2013, 07:22:43 pm »

Y'just need to tip your fedora and practice a few more hours on Hatoful Boyfriend.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: October 15, 2013, 07:32:56 pm »

The number of people I've seen wearing fedoras at my college is deeply concerning. And if I ever have to hear someone go on a spiel about Nice Guys Finish Last and PUA techniques (I got to learn allll about that from my old roommate) again, I may suffer a fatal aneurism.

Your fun fact for the day is that the phrase "Nice Guys Finish Last" originated from a professional baseball coach, who used it to defend his team from accusations that acted unsportingly.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: October 15, 2013, 07:37:35 pm »

I consider myself a nice enough guy and I got the girl of my dreams, so...

Eat anecdotal evidence, stupid truism!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: October 15, 2013, 07:38:07 pm »

I've actually got a suitemate who's got a big case of Nice Guy going on. He does have three or four fedoras, but he doesn't wear them in public. He's creepy, but in a "still fourteen" way, not a "guy in a dark alley" sort of way. He has told at least one girl that he loved her less than twenty-four hours after meeting her, and this afternoon casually mentioned how difficult it was to find out if there's a stalker report been filed on you. Apparently, being a good Baptist boy, he's in the market for a wife, not a girlfriend and certainly not a fling. Let's just say he worries me.

(Yeah, he sounds like me in high school, to be honest, which is why I feel so cringey about him. The only idea I've had so far is to set him up on a blind date with an exceptionally creepy good friend of mine...but I feel like that would be mean. The drama would be spectacular, however.)

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: October 15, 2013, 07:41:40 pm »

While we're on the subject, I do not get the appeal of hats at all. Fedoras are cringeworthy when worn outside proper attire, but I don't think I like any hats. The only hat I own is a winter cap for when it snows.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: October 15, 2013, 07:44:07 pm »

It depends upon the head they sit upon. Effective hat use can be seen in such places as Touhou and Russia.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: October 15, 2013, 07:44:13 pm »

While we're on the subject, I do not get the appeal of hats at all. Fedoras are cringeworthy when worn outside proper attire, but I don't think I like any hats. The only hat I own is a winter cap for when it snows.

I had and will soon reacquire my beloved bowler.

Maybe I should wait until I have classier shirts and bowties to go with it, though.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: October 15, 2013, 07:44:38 pm »

I've seen quite a few people walking around in weird hats on campus.

Berets, fedoras, tophats...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: October 15, 2013, 08:06:49 pm »

The only good hat is a fishermans hat. Or a head-scarf. Head-scarves are pretty. :3

Bows are honorary mentions.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: October 15, 2013, 08:57:08 pm »

The number of people I've seen wearing fedoras at my college is deeply concerning.
The worst part, is most of them aren't even fedoras, or are terrible low quality ones.

I actually love hats, and own quite a few of them of various types. The problem is that many people think a hat carries itself, though - it doesn't.

First: The hat should serve a use beyond fashion. Either to provide shade or to keep your head warm or to designate your association with a particular group or part of your heritage or something. Have a reason to wear the hat other than "hats are cool", and you'll look much less stupid wearing it.
Second: The hat is an accessory, and needs to go with the rest of the outfit. Fedoras especially.
Third: You need to wear a hat that looks good on you. Get a colour and shape that works with your face. Fedoras probably aren't it.
Fourth: Decent shaped hats are expensive. If you aren't wiling to drop money on a good quality hat or spend the time looking for a deal on one, buy a hat type that looks good on you without breaking the bank.
Fifth: Get a hat that goddamn fits you. It's not. That. Hard.

A good military cap is generally pretty cheap (I just got one for 15 dollars or so), looks much nicer than a baseball cap, and can easily be worn with casual clothes or nicer clothes, a versatility that the fedora doesn't have so much.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: October 15, 2013, 09:09:49 pm »

The best hat is a 30s gangster black fedora.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: October 15, 2013, 09:16:51 pm »

The best hat is a 30s gangster.

Fix'd.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: October 15, 2013, 09:17:55 pm »

I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 510