Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 451605 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #720 on: September 26, 2013, 03:38:28 pm »

Hands down for Savoy grinding down to a White peace France.
You got that right you insufferable frenchies! We are Savoyards! We hold the line! Get back to licking your damn frogs and stay down!
I'm laughing as Castile takes care of your south side while Austria devours you! Take that! You do not mess with the might of Savoyards' mercenaries, you hear me!? DO YOU HEAR ME FRANCE!?

*takes a deep breath*

Nobody messes with Savoy.

*exhales*

Now, let's get back to paying those forty something loans I ended up accumulating...
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 26, 2013, 07:25:15 pm »

Let me be the first to say that Spain/Castile holding French lands isn't as good of a thing as it may seem, especially if France fragments as a result. Same goes for Austria. France is important for keeping Austria and Spain in check. If France fragments, not only is there the possibility that Spain will go rampant and become potentially quite powerful, but Austria will have few serious competitors and they will start bullying the HRE.

If France explodes and fragments into multiple different states, keep your eyes on the Spanish and Austrians. Don't let them go to far.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 27, 2013, 01:17:38 am »

Let me be the first to say that Spain/Castile holding French lands isn't as good of a thing as it may seem, especially if France fragments as a result. Same goes for Austria. France is important for keeping Austria and Spain in check. If France fragments, not only is there the possibility that Spain will go rampant and become potentially quite powerful, but Austria will have few serious competitors and they will start bullying the HRE.

If France explodes and fragments into multiple different states, keep your eyes on the Spanish and Austrians. Don't let them go to far.

It's even scarier now that the Iberian countries seem to be much more likely to form a gigantic Iberian friendship bloc. So not only do you have to worry about Spain/Castile, you'll also have to worry about Portugal and Aragon! (if they still exist)

It's this way in my game. Thankfully I'm all the way over in Italy. They're (hopefully) unlikely to care about me until I've consolidated my power and taken over the Italian peninsula. And by then I should hopefully be strong enough to make major powers think twice about going after me. Hopefully.

Though I have much more immediate concerns with the HRE being literally right on my border, as a three province Urbino...

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 27, 2013, 05:54:51 am »

France is a early game blob, but Spain is a late game blob and much scarier imo. Russia is pretty scary too, if they don't have too much rebels, especially with the 1.2 buffs Russia got. They pretty much have infinite manpower with free infantry then (-50% infantry cost, +100% manpower from NIs, +33% manpower from patriarchy). Their only disadvantage is that their late game units are not as good as western ones, but they're still scary.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 27, 2013, 06:14:21 am »

hah, if they dont have too much rebels

hah

hah

hahaha

time of troubles anyone?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #725 on: September 27, 2013, 06:52:32 am »

Castile has just vassalized Austria.

Someone, give me a history book.

In other news, Savoy became Curia controller at the same time the nation entered war against the Papal states to claim superiority.

And we're catholics.

Hypocrisy FTW!

Now, if I can keep the Tuscany allies out of my hair while I deal with conquering Italy...

Tuscany, somewhat, hates my guts and is allied with Castile, France and Austria.
Funny, because France hates the guts of Castile and Austria.
Even funnier, England wants me to marry their heir for some reason or another...
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 27, 2013, 08:52:54 am »

time of troubles anyone?
Which is pretty much luck. A Russia without ToT has no real issue.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 27, 2013, 09:00:56 am »

time of troubles anyone?
Which is pretty much luck. A Russia without ToT has no real issue.

ToT has a 100 year timespan in which to fire (and a MTTH of 1000 months), and can fire at ANY POINT if you are under 3 stab,  which is pretty darn common ok, they changed it to below 0, which is not so bad.

then russia has massive rebel problems in any non-orthodox provinces, and can undergo several ruler changes, which reduces your stability even further (and your legitimacy)

its not so bad now that <0 stab is a requirement, but before that change it was pretty much guaranteed...

EDIT: compare for example to france, whose bad event has about 10 or 20 years in which to fire

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 27, 2013, 10:54:37 am »

Sure, France has less rebels trouble, but I find them much less threatening, even if they blobbed over their region. Also, with the recent buff to orthodox conversion (+2 or 3 with full patriarchy, like muslims), they will have much less trouble with religious rebels. And every monarchy has stab drops at death, Russia isn't special with this.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 27, 2013, 11:43:39 am »

No, but russia gets a long chain of monarch replacements, if they're not careful. the alternative is getting 40k stacks n things in moscow.

and yeah, the latest patch gave russia a nice boost, its nice, especially in our mp game :D but it was too late to save me from time of troubles

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 27, 2013, 01:14:53 pm »

I have big problems with current state of the game. It's just too easy, somehow all that changes (and I like em) give you even more control about everything and you can crush pretty much anybody, because AI sucks (and rightfully so). I remember how hard was for Muscovy to repel buffed Horde or *anything* to fight super mega mighty Austria, now I cakewalking even with something like Mali.
More tools for player means more headache for AI.

It's pretty much same disaster as CIV5/Warlock with hexagons. People just plain better in thinking if they have more choice. Coding of doom stack vs coding hexagonal-one-unit is a recipe for programmer nightmare. I will wait for further patches tho, who knows. Mods can't fix it properly.
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 27, 2013, 01:20:34 pm »

Also I hate how slow and laggy game is. Nowadays paradigm of graphics-means-everything is ridiculous. I hated Heroes 3 when they introduces messy jittery 3d, then everything exploded. Cmon, I play a mere cardboard games, for inner matter, not outside shitty-shaders-2-borders-and-rivers. And clouds? You gotta be fucking kidding me.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 27, 2013, 02:40:43 pm »

Isn't it Heroes 4 with the shitty 3d?

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 27, 2013, 02:49:26 pm »

Isn't it Heroes 4 with the shitty 3d?

Nah, Heroes 3 started the trend. I basically stopped care after. All that blasphemies. Might & Magic 6 went 3d, EVERYTHING went 3d after or in the same time. I was sad panda, endless tears all these years all way up now. My saddest part of gaming career. Substitute beatiful handwritten sprites to lifeless vectors? An outrage!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 27, 2013, 02:50:16 pm »

But Heroes 3 is the best of the series D:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 216