Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 451578 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #1020 on: December 26, 2013, 01:34:32 pm »

The AI regularly ignores mechanics the player is forced to abide by.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

engy

• Bay Watcher
  • Military | Science | Consumer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 26, 2013, 08:20:38 pm »

Seriously, I already posted the wiki article that explains how the AI cheats...

Look just post any save and someone will help you figure out what happened. 

I'd rather the thread be more hey look at this cool empire I made, hey I won the 100 years war ironman (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169496461), or hey there is a Dwarf Fortress EU MP game going on right now http://i.imgur.com/BEMY6o0.png, ect.  instead of people complaining cause they don't understand how the game mechanics work.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 27, 2013, 06:00:49 am »

Seriously, I already posted the wiki article that explains how the AI cheats...

Look just post any save and someone will help you figure out what happened. 

I'd rather the thread be more hey look at this cool empire I made, hey I won the 100 years war ironman (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169496461), or hey there is a Dwarf Fortress EU MP game going on right now http://i.imgur.com/BEMY6o0.png, ect.  instead of people complaining cause they don't understand how the game mechanics work.

Intentional AI advantages are a game mechanic. Like I said before. If you want to assert that I simply don't know what the mechanics are without knowing them yourself, then you are not helping in the slightest.

If you want the thread to be more social, then I will change it to a question.

In what ways can you circumnavigate the negative modifiers that you get from being in a war? (IE: trying to make an alliance while in a war, waging war on a someone you are currently in another war with, etc.)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 07:30:17 am by Micro102 »

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 28, 2013, 02:29:58 am »

Got the game, playing with MEIOU and Taxes. Need to pick a nation to learn and play, as I did a learning game as brandenburg, then byzantium, and I'm still new to the not minting money thing..

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 28, 2013, 07:36:26 am »

Got the game, playing with MEIOU and Taxes. Need to pick a nation to learn and play, as I did a learning game as brandenburg, then byzantium, and I'm still new to the not minting money thing..

Yeah I missed the money minting too. It was so convenient to get a master of mint and lock the mining bar in place, assuring income and the lowering of inflation. But then I discovered that you can have a LOT of loans at once.

Now I just have to figure out if it's worth it to take out multiple loands for faster building if I have a lot of modifiers that reduce my interest. Anyone have some advice on this?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 28, 2013, 09:04:49 am »

Now I just have to figure out if it's worth it to take out multiple loands for faster building if I have a lot of modifiers that reduce my interest. Anyone have some advice on this?
Well loans increase your inflation as well as cost you interest, so unless you already have a master of the mint (or more probably the National Bank idea) and no inflation for him to work on, I would say no.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 28, 2013, 09:23:05 am »

The thing is, I want to know the exact event if there is one, so I can both take advantage of and avoid it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 28, 2013, 02:49:41 pm »

Correction: Spain is SPA. Spain was also SPA in EU3 and in EU3 MEIOU. No idea where you got ESP from.

Anyway, I myself don't see any events relating to forced war in FlavorFRA or FlavorSPA, which is where the events would most likely be, and I'm not sure if there's anywhere else to look.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 28, 2013, 04:11:52 pm »

So this is a question about eu3, but I might as well post it here anyway.
How do you get mods working? I unpacked them and put them in the mod folder, but can't select them at e start menu.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 28, 2013, 04:25:16 pm »

Is there a .mod file with the same name in the mod folder?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 28, 2013, 04:39:14 pm »

don't forget, you need to start the launcher, not jsut the game, incase that's not been done already.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 30, 2013, 09:55:09 am »

I didn't know about the .mod file, will check if that's there. And yes, I am using the launcher.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 04, 2014, 03:57:08 pm »

For some reason, my trade in seville is switching back and forth between the green arrow (forwarding) and the yellow plus sign (taking income directly). Why? What causes this to change? I thought it might be the trade range but after increasing it it seems to happen more.

Also, sometimes I see armies after being defeated, getting some sort of modifier that lets them travel to a province in a single day, preventing the follwing army from catching them. Anyone know when that activates?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:09:11 pm by Micro102 »

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 04, 2014, 04:27:09 pm »

Armies with zero morale gets a speed bonus when they are retreating, if that's what you mean.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 04, 2014, 04:48:02 pm »

For some reason, my trade in seville is switching back and forth between the green arrow (forwarding) and the yellow plus sign (taking income directly). Why? What causes this to change? I thought it might be the trade range but after increasing it it seems to happen more.

Longstanding bug. Just check your trade node flow directions from time to time, they'll be messed up when you declare war/sign peace/do other actions. Randomly, mind you. So just keep up to date with your trade directing. Key to winning EU4 is pumping out trade ships anyways so you'll likely be doing it a lot.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 216