Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 561424 times)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - On the Edge of Pandemonium
« Reply #1185 on: December 03, 2012, 01:40:33 pm »

I lived!  And found a body!  Woot.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: December 03, 2012, 05:05:27 pm »

I finally managed to read the turn, it was a very nice read, thank you for coming in and taking a turn, Seth.
The whole thing about the Vamp reminds me of a playthrough my friend showed me. To make it quick:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That wasn't very quick, now that I read it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:49:21 pm by Dinjoralo »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: December 03, 2012, 08:29:37 pm »

Deathsword's Log

There is something wrong going on. The number of corpses found with their bodies drained of blood has increased, yet no one has seen our vampire in months. Not even He has, and I'm inclined to believe in him when it comes to this. I was going to investigate further but the voices (did I mention that I've been hearing voices lately? I have.) told me to do nothing about it.

On an unrelated note, the water's been tasting strange lately.

End of Log
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: December 03, 2012, 08:46:26 pm »

I have the save, but I'll need some time to wrap my head around..... well, everything, before I unpause. Who's doing what, where everything is, what resources we have available, and such. Also I have to figure out what I want to do, but that shouldn't be too hard when I get a feel for the place. It may be a while yet before I post an update, but I should have one before the end of the week, if that's all right.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: December 04, 2012, 04:13:11 pm »

A solitary figure plods steadily through the murky halls of the accursed fort.  Passersby, companions in Horrorfailed if not in his misery, scurry past on their various errands.  Their figures go unheeded, their tokens of salutation unheard.

"Life.  Don't talk to me about life."  He mutters to himself.  "Life used to be good.  Life used to be worth living.  Until I came here.  Until I came to this festering, noisome pit.  This abomination.  This suppurating, pestilential, vomit-ridden blight on the landscape . . ."  He stops walking and looks around at the smoothed and engraved stone walls.

"No.  No, that's not entirely true.  This place may be named Horrorfailed, but it has not failed yet.  There are some good lads still here.  Good dwarves."  He sighs.

His head droops, and he resumes his aimless meandering.  "Gone.  So many good folk gone.  It's not this fort.  It's this land.  It -- it is the realm of undeath, of antilife.  It shrieks its rage at all life, but those it claims in death it vomits forth again to shamble about in mindless malevolence.   I failed.  My bolts were not enough.  I failed.  Oh, my friends forgive me."

Silverlock vanishes into the darkness.  He is seen alive in this world no more. 

Well, he is not seen alive in that incarnation, anyway.  I'd like to request re-dorfage when convenient:
Silverlock -- whatever profession -- Chief Inspector
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:18:34 pm by Silverlock »
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: December 04, 2012, 05:41:48 pm »

Well, he is not seen alive in that incarnation, anyway.  I'd like to request re-dorfage when convenient:
Silverlock -- whatever profession -- Chief Inspector
No one is removed from the dorf list on death. Only if you ask to be removed, but I have no idea why anyone wouldn't want to die horribly in this place.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: December 07, 2012, 07:19:53 pm »

*smashes crickets with mallet*

How dare these vile insects defile the temple of divine lunacy! Smite them!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: December 08, 2012, 05:41:03 pm »

Prodded Strategia.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: December 08, 2012, 07:14:53 pm »

No! Those're my pet crickets! Stop it! D:

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: December 08, 2012, 07:18:36 pm »

I'm sorry for keeping you all waiting for so long, I've been very distracted with other things (*cough*XCOM*cough*). I've got the fort open right now, and I should be able to post at least something within the next few hours.

1st Granite, 510

Wait, what just happened? Here I am, crawling along, minding my own business, getting a nice drink of dwarven beer, when Sethrist comes up to me, tells me he's done overseeing the fort, and seeing as how I've been livi surviving here longer than anyone else, surely I could make some time to make sure the fort stays in one piece thank you very much and he's gone again. So am I in charge of this place now? Well, if I am, first things first.

I've always wanted to have my room smoothed. And now, somehow, I feel that instinctive tickle at the back of my mind that tells me my room is slated for smoothing. Wow, this overseeing business is easier than I thought! Still pissed at Sethrist though, dumping this responsibility on me out of the blue. How about you go and make us some cheese then, Sethrist? Maybe then I'll forgive you.

Can't be too angry at him though. He did give me this snazzy PGA to keep track of my decisions. It looks like just a hand-sized slab of dacite with a tiny hammer and chisel, but hey, can't look a gift purring maggot in the mandibles. (No really, you shouldn't. It's disgusting.)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:14:09 pm by Strategia »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: December 08, 2012, 08:42:00 pm »

No! Those're my pet crickets! Stop it! D:

They are now zombie crickets. All is well.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: December 08, 2012, 10:11:23 pm »

8th Granite, 510

Sethrist is trying to get back into my good books by personally smoothing my bedroom walls. It's a good start, but I'll only truly forgive you after you make me some cheese! In less important news, some jeweler got taken by a fey mood.

13th Granite, 510

All right, who let the Forgotten Beast in? There's some horrifying giant silverfish or something sneezing fire all over Kar Puwuncobi. Can someone please go and take care of it?

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: December 09, 2012, 06:53:04 am »

Oh gods, what have you done this time?

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: December 09, 2012, 01:11:26 pm »

They are now zombie crickets. All is well.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

blarg552

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: December 10, 2012, 05:26:08 am »

Well, I check in to see I got killed by dwarven Kano. GLORIOUS. Any chance I can be redorfed?
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 136