Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 558258 times)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - Beware the Aussie
« Reply #1140 on: November 24, 2012, 08:14:51 pm »

Heya deathsword good to see you thanks for popping in lovely place you have here love what you did with the ceilings

So about that Turn List that I requested to be added to....

;)

y'know in case it lasts that long
Blame calculus. I'll update the archive now, so I may be able to update the dorf list as well.

Calculus is a perfectly reasonable excuse for not doing stuff.

Agreed. o.o been there done that. My apologies good sir. Just, the last succession fort I signed up in, I saw the OP actually edit the turn list, skip me, and add the person who posted after me. Kinda gave me a "welp this reminds me of high school" vibe :(
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: November 24, 2012, 08:28:40 pm »

Seth, could you give me a dwarf list when you next update?

EDIT:

Deathsword's Log

He asked for the location of the ore and a pick in return for the information. Already was using a new disguise. Gave him what he asked. Threw in access to the lower tunnels too. He told me what he knew, or what he wanted me to think he knew, about the sorcerer's defenses and how to kill him forever. Says only "that thing trying to eat reality" can kill him. Then he said "We didn't have this conversation" and darted off. Probably to mine that cursed stuff. Who is even dumb enough to dig that stuff?

End of Log
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 08:56:59 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 25, 2012, 01:56:11 am »

yeah, I'm wondering if my dorf is still around or has joined the legions of shamblers
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 26, 2012, 10:03:58 pm »

Update underway.  The fort is doing pretty well, although we might be in the beginning of a tantrum spiral.  I'll be trying my best to subvert that, with lots of statues.  Failing that, there's the artifact grate.  I was going to put it in Eric's upstairs bathroom, but it might do better service in a statue garden that everyone will pass through.

So many clouds of so many colors!

And you remodelled the entryway? No wonder the levers controlling the gates were destroyed. Why in the Windy World would you destroy the bridge levers?

You won't be finding the bridge lever anytime soon, seeing as it does not exist anymore. I also see you've removed our lovely Gizogin door from the entrance, where is it now?

Damn, I feared as much, ah well.  I thought I was being careful and not destroying any linked levers, clearly not careful enough.  The Gigozin door is currently placed as the front door to the Baron's house.

It's only fitting that you name the mood-dorf Tasrak in the spirit of our fallen friend. Nexi's moodlet made me chuckle, she's admiring those bars alright.

I dunno, man. A single dwarf who was dumb enough to cross zombie-infested muck with all his migrant buddies and is the sole survivor of whom, and who not only gets a strange mood shortly after arriving, but makes one of the most useless artifact weapons easily seems like something dorf me would do. This dorf just speaks to me, like an ugly goose squawking at me for breadcrumbs I don't even have.

A mace is sorta like a hammer, anyway, and wielding a nerf-foam mace in the name of Viking glory sounds like just another form of wacky dorf madness for Horrorfailed.

It is done, but to differentiate him from Space who makes the weapons, I've named him Mr Space Cat, Insane Weaponsmith.

I imagine, in the scene where Reason is knocked off the tower, everyone there was completely taken by the beauty of the giant cobalt cloud rolling across the land to take notice of the undead bird steadily zooming towards them.

You know, I understand the dwarves tossed reason to the wind long ago by ever coming here, but did we have to get him killed twice over?
Yeah, I was wondering about that. I thought I was already dead?

Reason was dorfed in the first migrant wave - I didn't know at the time that it should've been Rhyme.

Anyone know, what happen to my Dwarf?

Volfgarix is alive and healthy, though unhappy.  Being attacked by the dead and forced to drink vomit may have played a role in that.  About that, the public water sources I can identify are clean and uncontaminated, so I don't know why half the dwarves are getting the "forced to drink [contaminant] lately" thought.  If it isn't vomit, it's slime, and I hope whatever slime it is hasn't got a delayed ingestion syndrome.

Seth, again you called Horrorfailed Hellcannon. Aside from that, excellent writing.

Thanks, Deathsword.  I don't know why I keep doing that.  -_- 

yeah, I'm wondering if my dorf is still around or has joined the legions of shamblers

Tryrar is described as a hardened individual and is quite content, despite recently drinking vomit.  He has a liking of tapir's milk, which doesn't sound much better, but hey, no judgment.

Anyway, here's the most current unit list, possible spoilers:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 26, 2012, 10:29:47 pm »

So I'm still crawling around the place, am I? Wow. Then again, in a fort like Horrorfailed, losing both your legs probably lowers your survival chances so much it crosses the line and comes back out the other side. Forget physical prowess and resistance to various hilarious afflictions, it's debilitating injury that allows a dwarf to outlive all their peers and then some.

Also, I don't suppose we have any milkable domestic animals by any chance?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 26, 2012, 11:22:21 pm »

It is done, but to differentiate him from Space who makes the weapons, I've named him Mr Space Cat, Insane Weaponsmith.
No don't do that, we agreed to keep their names the same for maximum confusion :D
(also, the resultant Space log should be quite entertaining)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 08:00:25 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

RhymeNorReason

• Bay Watcher
  • The voice of unreason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 26, 2012, 11:55:32 pm »

I imagine, in the scene where Reason is knocked off the tower, everyone there was completely taken by the beauty of the giant cobalt cloud rolling across the land to take notice of the undead bird steadily zooming towards them.

You know, I understand the dwarves tossed reason to the wind long ago by ever coming here, but did we have to get him killed twice over?
Yeah, I was wondering about that. I thought I was already dead?

Reason was dorfed in the first migrant wave - I didn't know at the time that it should've been Rhyme.

Ah. Thank you! That explains that.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 27, 2012, 12:53:10 pm »

There are plenty undead ones around.

Ok, now someone has to milk a zombie cow and make cheese from it. For ‼SCIENCE‼
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 27, 2012, 05:32:35 pm »

I'm thinking of two different outcomes from this. Either we get what could be a very plentiful supply of delicious cheese for the dwarves, or a plentiful supply of fetid muck/nefarious mist/whatever cheese for any elves that somehow make it to the fort. It's a win-win situation as far as I can see. Begin operation Necro-Moo.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 05:35:45 pm by Dinjoralo »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 27, 2012, 06:18:17 pm »

BEHOLD! THE DORF LIST! IT IS UPDATED!

On a related note: Seth, it looks like you messed up a few names. Like Mr Snyde (when it should be Mr Syde).

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: November 27, 2012, 06:27:33 pm »

I'm thinking of two different outcomes from this. Either we get what could be a very plentiful supply of delicious cheese for the dwarves, or a plentiful supply of fetid muck/nefarious mist/whatever cheese for any elves that somehow make it to the fort. It's a win-win situation as far as I can see. Begin operation Necro-Moo.

If only you could make cheese from all that muck outside. I mean, it's just been fermenting there anyway, it's probably turned into a particularly pungent brie by now.

And if only you could domesticate undead. Zombie cow cheese would be a great trade good and prison food. Not to mention training clumps of guard hair or guard goblin limbs.

Maybe in Battlefailed V?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 27, 2012, 07:49:29 pm »

No don't do that, we agreed to keep their names the same for maximum confusion :D
(also, the resultant Space log should be very entertaining)
We'd be like long lost twin weaponsmiths, except one guy's actually good at stuff, and the other's that one nut with a foam bat.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like a dwarf named ShadowDragon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 27, 2012, 10:11:10 pm »

If only you could make cheese from all that muck outside. I mean, it's just been fermenting there anyway, it's probably turned into a particularly pungent brie by now.

And if only you could domesticate undead. Zombie cow cheese would be a great trade good and prison food. Not to mention training clumps of guard hair or guard goblin limbs.

Maybe in Battlefailed V?

The Battlefailed series would later be known not only for it's bone and muscle tissue building blocks, but cheese of toxic mists/sludge, and some cow cheese laced with rotten cow mammary bits which they fed to the prisoners.

Realistically speaking, I don't think milk from a dead animal would be viable for producing anything but more toxic sludge.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 27, 2012, 10:31:04 pm »

Maybe in Battlefailed V?

The Battlefailed series would later be known not only for it's bone and muscle tissue building blocks, but cheese of toxic mists/sludge, and some cow cheese laced with rotten cow mammary bits which they fed to the prisoners.

Realistically speaking, I don't think milk from a dead animal would be viable for producing anything but more toxic sludge.

Which makes it perfect for trading with elves. Or siege weapon ammunition against living targets.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 136