Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: New Dawn RTD (Turn 2: Oh shi-)  (Read 4605 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
New Dawn RTD (Turn 2: Oh shi-)
« on: August 20, 2012, 01:38:44 am »

Well, there have been worse escapes. Packing yourself into an unstable airship as the world burned around you with eldritch fire, then attempting to flash-burrow through planes in order to escape what for all you know may have been a global armageddon. Just a pity the world flashed to brilliant lights soon after, which is when you suppose you lost consciousness.

On the bright side, you did wake up afterwards; as last-ditch certain-death avoiding maneuvers trying to breach the space between worlds go, that's got to count for quite a bit. That sensation of falling, and even hitting the ground, before you woke up was a little unsettling, though, as is the fact that you're now completely naked and there's no trace whatsoever of your ship. Nor is there any sign of civilization, and frankly you really don't recognize this particular spot of wilderness, even from vague descriptions. Plus you were trying to escape to another dimension, so just where did you end up?

Well, nothing to be done about it now. Best make the best of this you can, because things are about to get very interesting around here...

Spoiler: Basic Premise (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Individuals and Tribes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dungeon Mode (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sim Mode (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Experience and Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Signup Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 03:03:15 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: New Dawn RTD (0/6)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 01:39:11 am »

Current Players (6/6)
-Caellath
-Spinal_Taper
-Unholy_Pariah
-mcclay
-NRDL
-V-Norrec

Waitlist
-Tiruin
-Caerwyn
-Greenstarfanatic
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:16:54 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 01:39:30 am »

Reserved for world information.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 01:45:38 am »

Also here.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 01:54:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:32:14 pm by Spinal_Taper »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 02:04:35 am »

Reserve me. Also, thinking about a steampunk industrialist fatcat for the backstory, is that OK?
Hadn't really intended the game to be very steampunky, but you might be able to wriggle a few things in. As far as pure backstory goes it's fine; your old world probably didn't have a whole lot in the way of steampunk either, but there's plenty of room to justify having some fatcats around.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 02:15:45 am »

POTATO!

reserved

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 03:43:17 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 02:19:18 am »

Fucking reserved.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 02:25:31 am »

Reserved. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Dawn RTD (5/6)
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 02:34:13 am »

Name:  Ssraah Mikaah

Physical Description:  A Snake Woman (Naga) with tanned skin, purple hair and a light-brown scales with a skin toned underbelly.  She has an attractive face and body, she is weak compared to the average though.

Mental Description:  Ssraah comes from a background where she was surrounded by intrigue and manipulation.  A lot of that has rubbed off on her personality, leaving her slow to trust, and more likely to view others as tools and parts of her machinations than other people.  Once closer she becomes more open, unlikely to ever share everything with anyone though.

Skill/Trait:  Alchemy / Potion Making ((Whichever one you are going to be using.))

Bio:  Ssraah was born to a normal family of her tribe.  They lived in groups of one or two hundred traveling through the desert.  Eventually it was time for her to move to a different tribe, in order to preserve more genetic diversity.  In her new tribe she was a part of the ruling body, due to her husband's influence, all the specifics seem to be a blur to her now though.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:10:53 am by V-Norrec »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 02:40:12 am »

Name: Jeremy Nixite
Physical Description: Long, black hair, no facial hair, with a lean, jackal-like body.  His right hand is missing.
Mental Description: Conniving, opportunistic, greedy, pessimistic
Skill/Trait: Silent Walking(?)
Bio: A thief, born and bred, Jeremy had a talent for getting what he needed to survive.  As his position in life became more secure, he took more risks, taking stuff he wanted rather than needed.  This got him caught, and his hand chopped off as a price for his midnight hobby.  This event scarred him, in more than one way.  The previously overconfident lad grew cautious, cold, and worrisome.  And in this new land, perhaps that's a good thing.

Tell me if I didn't do anything right. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 02:51:49 am »

Reserve me. Also, thinking about a steampunk industrialist fatcat for the backstory, is that OK?
Hadn't really intended the game to be very steampunky, but you might be able to wriggle a few things in. As far as pure backstory goes it's fine; your old world probably didn't have a whole lot in the way of steampunk either, but there's plenty of room to justify having some fatcats around.
Can we get more information on the old world? All I understood was airship and apocalypse.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: New Dawn RTD (Full; waiting on sheets)
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 02:53:05 am »

Can we get more information on the old world? All I understood was airship and apocalypse.
i think its vague on purpose so that you can take creative liberties with your character.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 02:57:33 am »

Tell me if I didn't do anything right. 
Looks good, but what exactly did you want Silent Walking to do?

i think its vague on purpose so that you can take creative liberties with your character.
Pretty much this. Probably high fantasy by default, but whatever you'd like to cram in there can probably fit.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 03:00:22 am »

I don't know.  Give a bonus to sneaking or something.  If you have something cooler in mind, please, use it. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5