Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Another minotaur thread :)  (Read 6207 times)

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Another minotaur thread :)
« on: September 02, 2012, 09:21:04 pm »

Hi, my fortress was visited a few years ago by a child minotauress which we captured because I wanted a beast in my pit to kill everything that was thrown in it. After a few years it finally grew into an adult. Kadest Questcrazy the minotaur has ilk trousers and an iron helm... quite classy. How can I give that big girl a weapon? Also can i get the milk? lol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Another minotaur thread :)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 09:35:42 pm »

You can't arm creatures who aren't dwarves.
And no, you can't milk it. That might be for the best; after all, minotaurs are humanoid in form...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 09:55:55 pm »

Not exactly true. There's no way to tell your dwarves to arm it specifically, but there is a way, albeit imprecise.
1. Equip (unskilled, you want your minotaur alive) dwarf with weapon
2. Throw dwarf in pit
3. Hope minotaur wrestles weapon off the dwarf

This may have to be repeated several times for it to work.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 09:57:35 pm »

It would be a nice addition to have intelligent enemies try to pick up weapons on their own...
Anyone else think so?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 10:04:27 pm »

Not exactly true. There's no way to tell your dwarves to arm it specifically, but there is a way, albeit imprecise.
2. Throw dwarf in pit

It's as likely to end with a dwarf wielding the dwarf's tunic, and twice as likely to end up with a sock. Not that that's not awesome, mind you.

It would be a nice addition to have intelligent enemies try to pick up weapons on their own...
Anyone else think so?
Definitely.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 10:06:27 pm »

2. Throw dwarf in pit

It's as likely to end with a dwarf wielding the dwarf's tunic, and twice as likely to end up with a sock. Not that that's not awesome, mind you.

True, but you can also strip the dwarves first. I agree that it's not the most reliable method though.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:19:32 pm by Kofthefens »
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 10:08:32 pm »

2. Throw dwarf in pit

True, but you can also strip the dwarves first. I agree that it's not the best method though.
If it's the only method, it is, by definition, the best method.
Sig

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 10:28:35 pm »

ok well anyway it already got gcs silk trouser so i guess shes good :p

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 10:48:24 pm »

Guys the minotaur has the: [HABIT:USE_ANY_MELEE_WEAPON:100] tag. It should pick something up off the ground and use it. However, now that i think about it it may only work in it's lair. Try it. Do some !!SCIENCE!!.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 12:33:11 am »

Anyone else think so?
Guys the minotaur has the: [HABIT:USE_ANY_MELEE_WEAPON:100] tag. It should pick something up off the ground and use it. However, now that i think about it it may only work in it's lair. Try it. Do some !!SCIENCE!!.
Embark on a lair/cave. When a minatour arrives, keep it safe/caged away. When your fortress dies, it'll automatically free itself and arm itself with the best weapon you've got. I had a minatour with a masterwork battleaxe this way, each wave of soldiers would try to overpower the minatour...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 06:10:57 am »

This thread reeks of Rule 34.
Not that I mind.. <_<

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 06:35:18 am »

You can use DF Hack forceequip command. You jut need to make sure that the minoi is in the same tile that the weapon you want to give him.
I usually use this to equip my companions in adventure mode.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 07:00:59 am »

Anyone else think so?
Embark on a lair/cave. When a minatour arrives, keep it safe/caged away. When your fortress dies, it'll automatically free itself and arm itself with the best weapon you've got. I had a minatour with a masterwork battleaxe this way, each wave of soldiers would try to overpower the minatour...
Just be glad you didn't have an artifact great axe...
Sig

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 11:39:29 am »

Dfsuion, which is now a part of Dfhack, has a utility to let the game consider specified creatures to be the part of your civ. This way you can arm the Minotaur and even place him in your squad.

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 11:55:29 am »

What really... wow. U have a link for that?

Also now we had a dragon invade us while a goblin army was sieging us for some time now. The dragon was slain by goblin axe lord..... damn!, I'm not going to fight those goblin and I'm just gonna wait in the center of the earth until they go away. Maybe when my quantum grinder is ready I might let them in.
Pages: [1] 2