Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 139706 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 1. Humble Beginnings
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2012, 07:38:10 pm »

Yes but come on there the big enemy you really think it will be that easy?
We start small and work our way up to full scale blood pouring down the middle of the road limbs flying and men screaming warfare.

We could grab some crack heads make us tell them where to find there distributors then kill them and rob them for there drugs and sell them ourselves for a profit.
We'd have to be careful to find distributors who dont work for the major gang's and make sure there's no survivors or that we cant be identified but it'd be a good way to make some money and begin working on a drug business.

Were gonna have to get involved were to pore to hire anybody and to make money we'll have to commit crimes.
But i agree we stay away from anything major.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2012, 07:39:21 pm »

As long as we keep our heads down, we should be fine. The problem is staying out of the other gang's turf.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2012, 07:42:43 pm »

Yup most certainly.
I think im gonna look into finding a few drug dealer's who arnt affiliated with the big gang's.
Might even be able to force some of them to work for us in exchange for me not cutting limbs off.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 0. Humble Beginnings
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2012, 07:55:20 pm »

Just want to step in for a second to note the gang hiearchy from bottom to top.

Peasants: The bottom-level workers that the Syndicate utilizes for poney. Prostitues, Dealers, Pimps, Thugs, etc.

Guards: Purely on the payroll to guard Syndicate establishments and areas.

Footsoldiers: The lowest ranking of the actual gangsters. These guys run around and do what they are told by superiors, in hopes of sharing some of the gang's wealth and maybe even being premoted.

Knight: The superior to the Footsoldiers, Knight's usually look over individual operations and a group of Footsoldiers. They also possess more skills. Any King can promote a Footsoldier to a Knight.

Dragon: The superiors to the Knights, Dragons look over big sections of Syndicate territory and what the Knights are doing. Dragons are even more skilled then Knights. 2 Kings must vouch for a Knight in order for him to become a Dragon.

King: What the players are, and any Dragons that are promoted. Kings have total responsibility and ultimate power over everything that occurs in the gang. King NPCs are just as powerful and skilled as actual players.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2012, 07:57:34 pm »

Do we get to choose there skill sets?
Im having a few idea's for kings in the far future and if we have to develop there skills through the ranks then i need to start working out how to get the people were gonna need.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2012, 07:58:06 pm »

(( if I could make a suggestion, maybe the guys on the waiting list could come into the game over a bit of time and start off at the lowest level and make their way up the food chain ? ))
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2012, 07:58:50 pm »

Do we get to choose there skill sets?
Im having a few idea's for kings in the far future and if we have to develop there skills through the ranks then i need to start working out how to get the people were gonna need.

Not directly, NPCs control themselves, but you can influence them. Like if you send one guy to hijack boats a lot, he's going to get good at hijacking boats.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2012, 07:59:38 pm »

So if i say blackmail or bribe a banker in and then use him to help run the financial side of thing's hes develop skills in accounting and investments and that kinda thing?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2012, 08:03:06 pm »

So if i say blackmail or bribe a banker in and then use him to help run the financial side of thing's hes develop skills in accounting and investments and that kinda thing?

Supposing he joins the gang, yeah. Every character in this game has skills, or has the potential to get skills. A lot of the higher-ups in the other gangs already have skills.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2012, 08:04:48 pm »

Hmmm looks good.
So if we can force the HellRiders to disband we can probably bring in a few recruits with some skills.

Well anyway this is my vote for what we do first.

Take the church over as a hideout.
See if the Chinese have anything that we could help them with.
A few minor crimes to get some more money , Muggings and that kinda thing.
Begin looking for a few criminals / scum that we can bump off for there money and or equipment ( drug dealers and that kinda thing ) or that we could make some use of and recruit ( Thugs with some basic fighting ability and weapons that we can use to carry out the minor crimes so we can split up and work in multiple places at once. ) Im thinking once were set up since performing actions makes you better at them we could split our crimes up to individual players or small groups and each take little groups of our recruits for that job so we can build up groups that are tailored to each job. I.E some that are good at muggings , Some for kidnapping , Some for robbery , Some for drug dealing , Some fighter's for bumping off other gang members or criminals in our area and so on.

Anybody got any other ideas for us that dont involve declaring war on the Irish?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 08:34:25 pm by mesor »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2012, 08:32:55 pm »

"I would not go for the church. People will not like that one bit. No better way to peeve people then to corrupt what they hold dear. I do like the dealing with the Chinese, however."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2012, 08:35:51 pm »

The church is abandoned and as was pointed out its a very large place.
Plenty of space to run multiple different enterprises at once and to house a small army.
And since its isolated it shouldnt be to hard to keep it a secret for a good while.

On a side note with you guys agreement im going to contain my efforts to the small scale work , Minor crimes , Recruiting the bottom end thugs and dealers and the like and in general bringing in the cannon fodder for training and distribution for the syndicate to start getting our number's up and get a small source of regular income going.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:49:07 pm by mesor »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2012, 09:51:08 pm »

Name: Garrett Kamesh
Last Occupation: Private Armorer

Appearance: Five feet eleven and a half inches tall, short-cropped black hair, blue-gray eyes, and nearly albino-white skin. Wears his father's old business attire.
Biography: His mother was a Scandinavian physician and his father was a Hindu holy man who revived the Thuggee cultist teachings in secret. After the cult was discovered and subsequently wiped out by American DEA agents who were tracking a massive shipment of hallucinogenics that the Thuggee's purchased and commonly used during their ceremonies, Kamesh's father committed an as-of-yet unidentified form of ritual suicide. He lived in India with his parents until he was nineteen and his father killed himself, then immediately left the country and bought a flat in England. He worked for a private military corporation as an armorer, and learned his trade from experience. He has participated in several foreign excursions despite his lack of qualification in this field. Those who have worked closely with him however note he is more than capable of handling himself in hostile environments. Kamesh was eventually fired for violence in the workplace, and has unemployed for three months. He has been living off of saved funds, as he rarely spends on what he deems to be 'nonessential'.

Initial Major Skill: Handguns
Initial Minor Skills: Stealth, Weapon Maintenance
Inventory: A black briefcase with blue velvet trim containing two (2) black suits, two (2) white dress shirts, four (4) pairs of men's briefs, six (6) pairs of knee high black socks and two (2) blue ties (he wears one set of these at all times). Beneath the false backing is two (2) threaded silencers each with a custom variable fitting (can be fitted to any calibre handgun), a steel double-loop garrotte, one (1) pair of black leather gloves, and a small firearm retooling kit (relatively universal).

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2012, 10:01:19 pm »

right now, there's no sense in potentially pissing off over 500 irishmen. Once we're bigger, we can move to the Church if need be. Until then, the pub will keep us will out of public attention. Based upon what we've agreed on, if we play our cards right, we can get the Cobardi and the vice lords to start actively fighting. I agree with the others that we should seek an alliance with the Chinese. In the meantime, we should start laying down the ground work for future operations. For example, I can start figuring out the best way to crash a bank security system. Heck, we could practice holding up convience stores if we truly have no good ideas.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2012, 10:13:19 pm »

I agree. We should stay in the pub here until we're big enough to move out.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 108