Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Modest Bodies - Joints, joints EVERYWHERE!  (Read 21679 times)

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Modest Bodies - Joints, joints EVERYWHERE!
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 12:15:51 pm »

I feel the pain is somewhat balamced if i was to snap two arms it would hurt badlt but 9/10 :D

Akjosch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 07:07:48 am »

Reposting my old detailed insect body plans in case somebody wants to use part of them; not sure if they work with 0.34 as-is though.

Spoiler: Insect body plans (click to show/hide)

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 07:46:42 pm »

Does this work with Modest Mod 2.1?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 11:28:54 pm »

Yes it does.

EDIT: I noticed that this mod causes a slew of error messages about "Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: HUMANOID_JOINTS". When you moved all the joints to the main body definitions, HUMANOID_JOINTS was left completely empty, with no way to connect to the rest of the creature.

Have you considered putting a SMALL, INTERNAL dummy body part into HUMANOID_JOINTS? It would never show up (especially if you gave it DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1), and it should stop all the error messages.

Ari Lazarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 05:03:35 pm »

Yeah, I was just about to fix this. Seems when I put in the dummy body part I get a bunch of 'no tissue thickness' errors instead though.

Akjosch, I'll probably include your body plans in the next non-bugfix release, with credits of course.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 05:47:51 pm by Ari Lazarus »
Modest Bodies - Fixes joints for all creatures.

Akjosch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 12:31:16 am »

Akjosch, I'll probably include your body plans in the next non-bugfix release, with credits of course.

If you do that, you'll probably want to at least adjust the RELSIZE values first. Right now, they are simply based on volume of the body parts in a typical ant. First, they are highly variable between different insect races, and second I'm not sure it's right for DF - it produces roughly the right amount of flesh, chitin and so on off them, but combat hits seem to be weighted by this size as well (instead of a 2D cross-section, that is (size)^(2/3) as you'd expect if this was meant to be volume).

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 03:01:19 pm »

What about necks? Is it possible to snap some with grave consequences for the victim?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 03:11:08 pm »

What about necks? Is it possible to snap some with grave consequences for the victim?

The game should already do that.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 02:07:10 am »

Yes it does.

EDIT: I noticed that this mod causes a slew of error messages about "Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: HUMANOID_JOINTS". When you moved all the joints to the main body definitions, HUMANOID_JOINTS was left completely empty, with no way to connect to the rest of the creature.

Have you considered putting a SMALL, INTERNAL dummy body part into HUMANOID_JOINTS? It would never show up (especially if you gave it DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1), and it should stop all the error messages.

I get the same issue, I was hoping to put it into my mod...  I don't know why this isn't fixed if it's supposed to be a plug and play type thing

update:

looked at the old file (v 31.25) - I'm at work, didn't have the raws for 34.11
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was also looking into the [SMALL] [INTERNAL]

DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1),

reference as well, but I'll try this when I get home

Update 2:
I did a quick comparison between 34.11 and this 32.xx, there the same, so plugging it in should work, we'll see.

Update 3:
this was the fix, just copy the missing data from vanilla
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 11:28:46 am by thistleknot »
Pages: 1 [2]