Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48

Author Topic: Playerlogs from 2050  (Read 110275 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Playerlogs from 2050
« Reply #240 on: April 25, 2013, 08:02:32 pm »

And by freaking kobolds, no less, I thought they weren't even capable of reverse engineering to begin with, or is that a new bug, now?
They're probably a puppet civ for a down-on-his-luck clown. Are all the goblin civs controlled by clowns?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 25, 2013, 08:07:43 pm »

And by freaking kobolds, no less, I thought they weren't even capable of reverse engineering to begin with, or is that a new bug, now?
They're probably a puppet civ for a down-on-his-luck clown. Are all the goblin civs controlled by clowns?
I just looked through the legends and I think that's the cause, there's only one goblin civ that's not controlled by one, and that because over the course of about 80 years, it's been under control by 5 different ones, who have all been getting murdered, and right now, it's been free for about 3 years, which I just realized is right when the kobolds declared war on them, do clowns try to actively go after new civs that they consider to be more powerful? I thought they just stuck with the one they had until something bad happened.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 25, 2013, 08:45:00 pm »

I just looked through the legends and I think that's the cause, there's only one goblin civ that's not controlled by one, and that because over the course of about 80 years, it's been under control by 5 different ones, who have all been getting murdered, and right now, it's been free for about 3 years, which I just realized is right when the kobolds declared war on them, do clowns try to actively go after new civs that they consider to be more powerful? I thought they just stuck with the one they had until something bad happened.
It might be trying to assimilate the gobs. This might be the first step towards its eventual world domination. I've only heard about this sort of thing, but never experienced it. Could you send me your save?

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 26, 2013, 10:07:56 am »

It might be trying to assimilate the gobs. This might be the first step towards its eventual world domination. I've only heard about this sort of thing, but never experienced it. Could you send me your save?
Ehm, wasn't save-sharing somewhat forbidden after one of the demons made his way out of the game and into the mind of GreatWyrmGold? I don't know, but it's not very safe. I had three exorcisms in the last month alone, which is why I've forbidden my sister to play DF. Stupid exorcisms, costing me money and shit.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 26, 2013, 12:53:43 pm »

Ehm, wasn't save-sharing somewhat forbidden after one of the demons made his way out of the game and into the mind of GreatWyrmGold? I don't know, but it's not very safe. I had three exorcisms in the last month alone, which is why I've forbidden my sister to play DF. Stupid exorcisms, costing me money and shit.
I don't know why people refuse to switch to holy water coolant systems. The average player has to make four exorcisms a month, costing about $25 each, so $100 a month, but it only costs $1,000 for the holy water coolant system. Also, it keeps the undead away, IRL.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 26, 2013, 01:09:53 pm »

I don't know why people refuse to switch to holy water coolant systems. The average player has to make four exorcisms a month, costing about $25 each, so $100 a month, but it only costs $1,000 for the holy water coolant system. Also, it keeps the undead away, IRL.
Actually, I am currently using the Holy Water™ coolant system. My demons simply evolved a resistance to it, which means I actually wasted about 500 bucks, since my "keep the undead the fuck away"-budget was only $500.

Also, who still uses dollars? Dorfbucks are MUCH more efficient.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 26, 2013, 01:55:04 pm »

Actually, I am currently using the Holy Water™ coolant system. My demons simply evolved a resistance to it, which means I actually wasted about 500 bucks, since my "keep the undead the fuck away"-budget was only $500.

Also, who still uses dollars? Dorfbucks are MUCH more efficient.

But I spent all my dwarfbucks buying IRL Plump helmet seeds :(

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 26, 2013, 02:14:54 pm »

I spend my last money on crossbreeding plump helmets (thanks all what is good for that Plump-helmet-Kickstarter in 2032!) with Foxfire so i save on lighting.

Does it help with the Demon-problem if you are an atheist? Also some Demon-possions can be good. look at Footkerchief, his demons has the prefstring "Knows all about Dwarf fortress".
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 26, 2013, 03:26:11 pm »

I spend my last money on crossbreeding plump helmets (thanks all what is good for that Plump-helmet-Kickstarter in 2032!) with Foxfire so i save on lighting.

Does it help with the Demon-problem if you are an atheist? Also some Demon-possions can be good. look at Footkerchief, his demons has the prefstring "Knows all about Dwarf fortress".
Yes, that foxfire is quite useful.
Also, it doesn't matter if you believe in demons or not. Like science, they'll come and get you anyway.
And I must strongly disagree that some can be good. They might have their good sides, but they will also have dark sides: Losing one-self, etc.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 26, 2013, 08:04:48 pm »

Ehm, wasn't save-sharing somewhat forbidden after one of the demons made his way out of the game and into the mind of GreatWyrmGold?

Didn't the sanity balance out, making the demon's personality completly change to one of less malvolent intentions, while GWG is still the sanest person on Bay 12?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 27, 2013, 02:06:48 pm »

Hey, I just went on a massacre in adventure mode, but when I maimed the last priest of Kir, god of water and death. Suddenly Kir himself appeared in the form of a Cosmic Dragon 1000x the size of a normal one. Is there any advice on how to kill him? I have reinforced soul-slade armor of +2 deflection and Armok's Sword of Blood (one of the artifacts in my world, I got it after the first few continents were destroyed). Oh and now he's summoning undead water hydras.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 27, 2013, 02:16:29 pm »

Hey, I just went on a massacre in adventure mode, but when I maimed the last priest of Kir, god of water and death. Suddenly Kir himself appeared in the form of a Cosmic Dragon 1000x the size of a normal one. Is there any advice on how to kill him? I have reinforced soul-slade armor of +2 deflection and Armok's Sword of Blood (one of the artifacts in my world, I got it after the first few continents were destroyed). Oh and now he's summoning undead water hydras.

I remember having a similar issue with Liko, god of fire, industry and metals (who apparently decided to take the advantage of one of my mods and became a mechadragon, complete with jet turbines, rapid-fire...fire and some heavy metal armor.

But as for organic god - since you say he's so big, let him swallow you and kill him from the inside. (assuming it works that way)
I'd share a save, but my Xnet is kinda slow lately (barely reaching 2GB/s!), so I doubt that's possible.

Also, if someone could explain to me how to open cross-world portals, I'd be psyched.
My current world is dead with only one dwarven settlement, and apparently all 5 gods of it went nuts and are heading for my fortress while I have to fend those giant slade sponges off. *shudders*

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 27, 2013, 02:27:57 pm »

Also, if someone could explain to me how to open cross-world portals, I'd be psyched.
My current world is dead with only one dwarven settlement, and apparently all 5 gods of it went nuts and are heading for my fortress while I have to fend those giant slade sponges off. *shudders*

Didn't someone manage this by making a perpetual motion generator, causing the breakdown of the in-game physics to rip open a gateway in game's reality itself?  Granted, I think it took quite a few tries to prevent the void between worlds from annihilating everything, but still.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 27, 2013, 07:48:24 pm »

Didn't someone manage this by making a perpetual motion generator, causing the breakdown of the in-game physics to rip open a gateway in game's reality itself?  Granted, I think it took quite a few tries to prevent the void between worlds from annihilating everything, but still.

Try using a chaos generator of antimatter, works most of the for me, when it doesn't open a black hole in my computer that is.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 27, 2013, 08:33:12 pm »

Spheric planes connect to alternate realities too. The safest way is going though one of the deathplanes. Sure they are invested with Monstern and the un-living (not realy undead!) you have to be prepared but ist far easyser then the Elemental planes.
It takes months to tunnel through the earth one and that one is even the easyset of those with all the giant worms and Rock-elementals!   

Another good choice would be the Forrest/nature-plane but these make half of your dorfs mad and turn them into animal people or Elves and Pixies.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48