Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48

Author Topic: Playerlogs from 2050  (Read 110553 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Playerlogs from 2050
« Reply #270 on: June 15, 2013, 02:05:48 pm »

Never mind, fixed it. In my fort now, incompetence is punished but not really laziness. So i associated them through adventurer religous movement and children are getting paddled minutely.

Also, i 've weaponized goblin ultrasonic communication waves. They cause 12% pallidiam 78% gold 4% iron and 6% copper  alloys to explode

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 15, 2013, 02:08:47 pm »

Okay, so my smithy just spilled some molten iron onto his hand and lost most of his skin.

How can I force my doctor to try and graft some pig skin as replacement (my smithy has high pain tolerance and insists on doing it live)? The doctor takes the job - it shows in the job manager - but then he just blinks and goes to get himself drunk, not to mention misplacing his surgery tools in random places.

Do you think it is a glitch?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 15, 2013, 02:10:31 pm »

Okay, so my smithy just spilled some molten iron onto his hand and lost most of his skin.

How can I force my doctor to try and graft some pig skin as replacement (my smithy has high pain tolerance and insists on doing it live)? The doctor takes the job - it shows in the job manager - but then he just blinks and goes to get himself drunk, not to mention misplacing his surgery tools in random places.

Do you think it is a glitch?
Try using an adopted pig, they count as dwarves for healthcare purposes.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 15, 2013, 02:13:36 pm »

Try using an adopted pig, they count as dwarves for healthcare purposes.

Ehhh, I was going to, but the smithy slipped over some wet rocks, tumbled down the hill and broke his neck.

...His restless spirit just possesed the doctor's surgery knife and stabbed him in the eye, ow. Now I have lost both the smithy and the doctor (at least smithy's ghost passed away to afterlife).
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 15, 2013, 02:49:24 pm »

Did you let a guild of doctors be created? He probably couldn't do that to an animal because of his oath.

Here is how I deal with this sort of problem.
In one of the first worlds I ever created, I had become the world's most rogueish scoundrel. My name was whispered in taverns and palaces alike. I stole from the crowns off of the heads of kings, and melted them down to pay the taxes of the poor. I took religious artifacts of purity and left them in brothels, along with a big tip. The most paranoid merchant princes returned home to find their vaults of gold and jewels slowly being turned into a mirror image. While it was pretty funny to toy around with mortals, only my name was immortal. I had a cult summon the world's main trickster spirit, who I challenged to a trick contest. He accepted, and began preparing an elaborate prank. I slept with his wife.
Rest of the story short, I got kicked out of that dimension, and, through some slight of hand, was given the ability to cross over through save games at will.
Whenever I gen a new world, he comes in and changes the moral codes of entire civs. It makes both of us crack up.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 15, 2013, 02:52:30 pm »

Did you let a guild of doctors be created? He probably couldn't do that to an animal because of his oath.

I don't think so, the were-lizard dwarf that is the current Mayor forbidden all kinds of guilds and such to be formed under penalty of whipping. I will check the City Guard reports to check if they haven't found some secret oath-taking guild or something, thanks.
SigFlags!

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 15, 2013, 03:58:50 pm »

Save-travelling rogue.
asdfgk, THAT GUY IS YOURS? I've always wondered why my goddamm ethics code was so bad. Jeez, that explains everything. Care to PM me his template?
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 15, 2013, 08:08:55 pm »

I don't think so, the were-lizard dwarf that is the current Mayor forbidden all kinds of guilds and such to be formed under penalty of whipping. I will check the City Guard reports to check if they haven't found some secret oath-taking guild or something, thanks.
Then he probably just was raised by secret heathen hippies. I would begin an investigation into an elf conspiracy.

Save-travelling rogue.
asdfgk, THAT GUY IS YOURS? I've always wondered why my goddamm ethics code was so bad. Jeez, that explains everything. Care to PM me his template?
I would like to, but if he gets out without careful supervision... I don't know what he could do. After I did a quick Googleplex search with DF running in the background, my ISP cut my internet, and told me to talk to some governmental agency. Long story short, they were not amused, and I am never allowed to plug anything into that computer that he could jump on to.

Also, I never messed around in anyone elses games..... Thats not good... I'm going to go unplug that computer. For a long time.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 15, 2013, 08:10:30 pm »

I'm going to try downloading some of your saves to get that save-hopper, and then duplicate my save files like crazy.

!!SCIENCE!!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 15, 2013, 08:14:28 pm »

Then he probably just was raised by secret heathen hippies. I would begin an investigation into an elf conspiracy.

I didn't had to. An elven bard visited the inn in my fortress and my Mayor learned the name of main guy behind the secret oaths - it was Mayor's wife. Justice went into action in the way of whip and hammer strikes. No more secret guilds, no more annoying oaths, and Mayor is seeking a new wife.

Thanks for input and suggestions anyways!
SigFlags!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 15, 2013, 08:20:00 pm »

Hello, government? I am in no way whatsoever responsible for mastahcheese's actions. He's the one who could cause the Singularity, not me.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 15, 2013, 09:14:47 pm »

Man, DF's high price, plus the paying weekly, and the excessive DLC (Seriously? Modding support costs 100$ and you can't adjust the speeds of units because that would obsolete the 24 hours of superdwarf speed microtransaction), I've kinda  been turned off from it.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 15, 2013, 09:18:22 pm »

Man, DF's high price, plus the paying weekly, and the excessive DLC (Seriously? Modding support costs 100$ and you can't adjust the speeds of units because that would obsolete the 24 hours of superdwarf speed microtransaction), I've kinda  been turned off from it.

It's never been the same since EA threatened Toady at gunpoint with a small army in order to force him to follow the market, has it?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 09:20:07 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 15, 2013, 09:24:02 pm »

Geez, is anyone still here? After the whole heart attack thing this place has really fallen into decay...

Is the modding team still working on the project? Because there hasn't been a bug fixing patch in over 6 months. Did the team disband again? I really hope not. I don't think there is anyone left to really take this thing over. Bummer...
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Maw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 15, 2013, 09:31:58 pm »

Geez, is anyone still here? After the whole heart attack thing this place has really fallen into decay...

Is the modding team still working on the project? Because there hasn't been a bug fixing patch in over 6 months. Did the team disband again? I really hope not. I don't think there is anyone left to really take this thing over. Bummer...

I recall a post a few pages back - Toady III was having a brain transplant?  If I remember correctly, coding should be back up SoonTM.
The three stages of information assimilation in bay 12:
1)horror
2)curiosity
3)weaponization
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48