Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48

Author Topic: Playerlogs from 2050  (Read 110281 times)

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
Re: Playerlogs from 2050
« Reply #555 on: January 30, 2016, 06:49:12 am »

So did anyone notice that the DF raws are Bioprinter compatible and someone wrote a algorithm to fill in the gaps? I certainly didnt but recognized the fileformat in the genetics subfolder. Well i decided to print out a fox-cub since i like pets ... yeah so i must also have added a wrong option so i got a Fox-man-cub and have a daughter now.

Yeah, it's still really wonky. It will print an animal person, giant animal, or a normal one randomly if there are variations available. I guess it's because [TRANSFORM:X:Y] tags are so simillar to [TRANSFORMED:X] from before advanced genetics was a thing, and the algorithm actually borrows a lot from the unofficial holoprojector plugin from 2036. It would take a simple tweak to fix, and it's hardly a minor bug, so we can probably expect a patch soon.

Anyaway, has anyone else had problems with automatons? I mean, I know metals corrode, but automatons seem to crumble into dust way too fast. Brass golems, on the other hand can work for ages before they start getting damaged. Is it because of the high temperature and steam? Is there a way to make non-corroding automatons with industrial era tech? I have better uses for my mages than recharging golems, and I don't like playing with complicated factory machines, conveyor belts, etc.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 30, 2016, 09:26:45 am »

Anyaway, has anyone else had problems with automatons? I mean, I know metals corrode, but automatons seem to crumble into dust way too fast. Brass golems, on the other hand can work for ages before they start getting damaged. Is it because of the high temperature and steam? Is there a way to make non-corroding automatons with industrial era tech? I have better uses for my mages than recharging golems, and I don't like playing with complicated factory machines, conveyor belts, etc.

You could definitely throw in a ward against corrosion when you create the automaton, but that would need recharging as well. Is your fortress on top of a ley line? Depending on spheres and such, you might be able to tap it and free up your wizards.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 30, 2016, 11:53:04 am »

Eurgh, i have a colony of Night Trolls on my dwarven intranet network underneath my terrestrial base posting exceptional quality cringeworthy memes of dancing boogiemen with trumpets that are inspiring negative thoughts and creating more trolls in my public library via host - victim meme transmission. My IT manager noble (he elected himself) is shouting at his less experienced interns to fix it but they are partying in my on-board statue garden and its going unsolved.

I have airdropped a delivery of fine quality giant cave spider black/brown dye fedoras via the GI-ANT 3-AGLE hauling carrier in a bid to negotiate to leave me alone so that they may be preoccupied with hat-tipping social actions and the meming behaviour will slow down or stop.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 30, 2016, 03:07:33 pm »

dancing boogiemen with trumpets

🎺💀🎺

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 30, 2016, 03:46:54 pm »

dancing boogiemen with trumpets

🎺💀🎺

I have become a changling night troll bride. Jokes on you, there are no girls on the internet

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 30, 2016, 05:43:58 pm »

It is a firmly established Internet principle, over these last 75 years or so, that the question of whether a person on the internet is female is exactly as moot as whether or not Urist is female.

Almost exactly so, at least.  There's the same issue of taking babes-in-arms into combat during hostilities with others, although only with dwarves can you guarantee that it is truly the biological mother who does this.  Such long-established traditions as selfie-wars between fashion bloggers have been known to have much less discriminating use of 'accessory' children in their attempt to out-image each other.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 13, 2016, 09:58:18 pm »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 13, 2016, 10:18:31 pm »

Spoiler: In response (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 11:13:28 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 13, 2016, 11:11:44 pm »

Spoiler: Hey, fix your spoiler! (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 23, 2016, 01:35:08 pm »

In 2050, DF players will probably say:

Gaah! How do I keep my marksdwarves from rushing into melee?! Shouldn't they be staying back and firing bolts?

And why do my civilians keep rushing onto the battlefield to grab socks while the battle is still going on? they keep getting killed, then more civilians rush out to grab *their* socks!
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 23, 2016, 03:36:12 pm »

Bah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 23, 2016, 08:00:30 pm »

Gaah! How do I keep my marksdwarves from rushing into melee?! Shouldn't they be staying back and firing bolts?
And they'd be wrong to.  You don't 'fire' crossbows (or bows in general), you 'loose' them. ;)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #567 on: February 24, 2016, 11:26:16 pm »

And they'd be wrong to.  You don't 'fire' crossbows (or bows in general), you 'loose' them. ;)

[inset argument stretching for several pages about whether language is statistical]
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 25, 2016, 12:19:05 am »

Median mode standard deviation? Bell curve whisker box! Dot graph, trend line...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 25, 2016, 06:42:22 am »

[inset argument stretching for several pages about whether language is statistical]
[decimates your argument, thus leaving it uncomfortable but still 90% valid]
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48