Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 238066 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect - Now with 50% more shanking
« Reply #555 on: February 01, 2013, 08:55:19 am »

Also the whole death row thing should have given that away.
Not sure how I forgot that.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 02, 2013, 03:30:46 pm »

This is America, buddy.  Our prisons are fucked up hellholes that turn troubled individuals into recidivists who can no longer function in society, and don't you forget it!

Speaking of people whose natural environment is prison, I'm taking advantage of the new systems to create a prison with 100% maximum security inmates.  Pretty cool so far!
Shoes...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #557 on: February 02, 2013, 04:07:55 pm »

On the bright side, it does serve as a fairly effective deterrent to normal folks if you know going to prison likely involves being murdered after several gang rapes.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 02, 2013, 05:40:19 pm »

On the bright side, it does serve as a fairly effective deterrent to normal folks if you know going to prison likely involves being murdered after several gang rapes.
Because of cinema and other media a lot of people in the UK think our prisons are the same.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 02, 2013, 05:47:40 pm »

I think I overdid the security.  I mean, the prisoners are basically incapable of doing anything seriously dangerous, but then again the prisoners are basically incapable of doing anything seriously dangerous.  It's boring!
Shoes...

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 02, 2013, 06:07:19 pm »

I think I overdid the security.  I mean, the prisoners are basically incapable of doing anything seriously dangerous, but then again the prisoners are basically incapable of doing anything seriously dangerous.  It's boring!
1. Make an annoying schedule
2. Start a fire
3. ???
4. Profit
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 06:08:51 pm by PanH »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 02, 2013, 09:17:41 pm »

or you can just try to remove your water pump with out turning it off first.
that bit of fun cost me 4 workers lives.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 02, 2013, 09:41:54 pm »

I don't want to cause something bad to happen, I just want something bad to happen.  My prison is just way too secure as is, does anyone know what different methods prisoners can use to get a hold of weapons?  Can they make them in their cells or anything, and is there any way to get them past metal detectors?  As is, I have metal detectors at the administrative building where new inmates enter the prison, at the cell block entrance, the canteen, and the yard.  Inmates basically can't go anywhere without a guard knowing they have contraband.  There's no way around them either; I use fences (which are free) to funnel inmates along two meter wide paths at all outside locations except the yard.  Unless they can break down a fence, and sneak around, there is literally no way to avoid going through metal detectors to get anywhere they have any business being.

I could remove them, but considering how bad these dudes are (Remember, my prison is all high risk inmates), I would consider that deliberately causing something bad to happen.

Also, does anyone know why certain doors never close?  Just had an escape because one of my doors won't close.  I don't have enough money to build a full wall yet so I just added more fences.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:44:41 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 02, 2013, 09:48:52 pm »

As far as I know, they can bring weapons into the prison from the outside when they first are admitted, or they can steal weapons from the kitchen. If you confiscate the contraband they bring in with them and secure the kitchen, then they'll be weapon free.

There's a video where the devs show prisoners digging tunnels to escape, but that and other methods they have to subvert your security have yet to be included in our releases.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 02, 2013, 10:34:33 pm »

I heard they get weapons from workshops too.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 02, 2013, 10:41:37 pm »

I gave up on that prison after a massive wave of dudes that bankrupted me and turned the prison into a battleground.  Which was actually pretty sweet.  Since they're all MaxSec, literally everyone on the truck was ready and willing to kill people, and there were so many weapons it was basically impossible for security to deal with them all before someone else grabbed them, the Yard was a warzone, bodies everywhere, it was rough.
Shoes...

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 02, 2013, 11:28:29 pm »

I have a few questions about the recent changes (haven't played since 4, but heard a bit of the changes) :
1. How do you control the intake ? Like, you have only MaxSec, how did you do ? Is it with continuous intake or not ?
2. We can't lock door anymore, but are staff only zone as secure ? I mean, with the open door bug.
3. No MedSec zone ?
4. The workshops still do nothing (except for giving you 2$ a square) ?
5. How to make the firemen go away ? I called them for fun, but I don't know how to make them leave now (though hose is fun, with that range).

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 02, 2013, 11:38:55 pm »

1.  You go to the prisoner tab in the management clipboard and each security level will have a button to change whether or not you allow that class in your prison.  The continuous intake has to be turned off for it to work.

2.  You can still lock doors, and the open door bug isn't on everything, just a couple doors in one game.  If the doors are open people can escape, but fences will take care of that.

3.  There's a Genpop zone, but I'm not sure if that's Medium Security or nothing.

4.  Dunno?

5.  Dunno.
Shoes...

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 02, 2013, 11:40:56 pm »

Ok, thank you, I'm gonna make another prison (without continuous intake then), and try to see. Though I didn't managed to lock doors.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #569 on: February 03, 2013, 12:16:29 am »

I think you tell the firemen to go back to their engine to make them go away.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 107