Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 239040 times)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a7) - Now with 50% more shanking
« Reply #600 on: April 24, 2013, 01:05:43 pm »

Any date when they want to finish this game?
Make love not war

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 24, 2013, 01:22:59 pm »

They haven't shared anything like that, no. I'd say it's probably going to take them another year, or more.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 25, 2013, 03:22:29 am »

I hadn't really played since alpha 2 or 3 until last night and I must say that game is improving greatly, jobs, deployments and the character details add so much to the game. Looking forward to what they add next.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Mr. Boh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 25, 2013, 07:34:28 am »

They haven't shared anything like that, no. I'd say it's probably going to take them another year, or more.

Yeah, don't hold your breath for it. Introversion updates come only slightly faster than DF ones.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a9) - Now with 50% more laundry
« Reply #604 on: April 25, 2013, 12:19:48 pm »

I normally wait for about three or four builds before I try to play. It is a lot better than alpha 1 though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 25, 2013, 12:23:28 pm »

From what I'd seen from the video it looks more like 50% less scheduled free time to me, but laundry also works for a title.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 25, 2013, 12:50:00 pm »

Just dled it back. It seems like free time has been nerfed, prisoners don't seem to sleep when free time (relax only), or is it me ? Also, it seems it's a bit more CPU intensive than a few alphas before, I think I'm going to go on smaller maps, maybe medium/small.

From what I'd seen from the video it looks more like 50% less scheduled free time to me, but laundry also works for a title.
Well, 100% less free time  :P

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 25, 2013, 05:23:07 pm »

Oh. The game has changed enough where I'm gonna try my hand at making a prison again.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 25, 2013, 07:14:39 pm »

Call me crazy but the more it goes the more i see some *introversion* in this game, schedule, task, personality, while working on this title they are indeed learning new stuff they would be able to apply in introversion. Basicly the more i see this game the more im hungry for introversion... one day it will come and i am glad to see this game flourish too :)
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 25, 2013, 07:20:33 pm »

Yeah, don't hold your breath for it. Introversion creates games on a schedule that only Valve would be envious of

Fixed for accuracy

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 25, 2013, 07:30:11 pm »

Yeah, don't hold your breath for it. Introversion creates games on a schedule that only Valve would be envious of

Fixed for accuracy
Unlike Valve though, they tend to be short on money, which makes it a bit harder to make things constantly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 25, 2013, 09:34:18 pm »

Fixed for accuracy
Unlike Valve though, they tend to be short on money, which makes it a bit harder to make things constantly.
A two man team (Maybe 3 now.....) has earned over $1,800,000 off a game with really only 1 year of development. Not to mention a lot of money from all the rest of their games.

I don't think most people, other than Fortune 500 CEOs consider $600,000-$900,000 a small amount of money.

(PS: The dollar figure is on top of this page : http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/ )

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 25, 2013, 09:55:13 pm »

They also developped a game for 3 years before abandoning it.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #613 on: April 25, 2013, 09:59:45 pm »

Honestly, if more developers could man up and say, "This just isn't fun" and not sell it after three years, we'd have fewer Duke Nukem Forevers and more Prison Architects.

Weren't they going to reuse some of the code from that to make another game? I remember that being mentioned at some point.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 25, 2013, 10:05:24 pm »

Weren't they going to reuse some of the code from that to make another game? I remember that being mentioned at some point.
I think I read the same thing too, but I understood it as they learnt new things rather than using the same code.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 107