Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 239033 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a10) - Now with 15% more temperature gauges
« Reply #630 on: June 01, 2013, 05:10:24 pm »

Man, every game I start of this ends the same way. Something bugs out either the delivery or garbage trucks and they get stuck in an endless loop of driving by. Either one means the flow of construction gets interrupted until eventually nothing can get built. Argh.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 01, 2013, 05:16:17 pm »

Man, I haven't had my clothes ironed for casual use since I was a wee lad, why would I need to have my prisoners' jumpsuits ironed? Laundry took long enough already last version.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #632 on: June 09, 2013, 01:23:58 pm »

Glad this thread exists.

I haven't played Alpha 10 yet; last one I played was 9. Hoping that the temperature system will make things a bit more manageable. Glad to see the deterrence factors working in the video--my biggest problem in this game was always having a few prisoners with all needs at Critical, and they wouldn't take care of anything because they were too busy constantly fighting.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 09, 2013, 06:40:17 pm »

Glad this thread exists.

I haven't played Alpha 10 yet; last one I played was 9. Hoping that the temperature system will make things a bit more manageable. Glad to see the deterrence factors working in the video--my biggest problem in this game was always having a few prisoners with all needs at Critical, and they wouldn't take care of anything because they were too busy constantly fighting.
I had a tantrum like that... now half my prison is always rioting even if i have the infrastructre to plase them always... but,... they just keep on fighting and fighting.... and the cry their need isnt filled out...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #634 on: June 09, 2013, 06:50:01 pm »

Glad this thread exists.

I had a tantrum like that... now half my prison is always rioting even if i have the infrastructre to plase them always... but,... they just keep on fighting and fighting.... and the cry their need isnt filled out...
So its just like real prison then? :P

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 10, 2013, 04:08:48 am »

So, I just had an interesting prison.

It was working really well, I had food, showers, security offices, the works. Then out of the blue, someone pulls a pistol on one of my security guards and everything goes downhill, fast. Queue ten minutes of rioting and every member of my staff dead, plus half the riot guards that game to secure the place. Where the hell do these guys keep getting everything from plastic spoons to shotguns?

My next prison is going to be maximum security. One guard for every two prisoners, security cameras on every corner, at least three redundant fences and plenty of doctors. Let's see how that works out.

Edit: Also, the bangup and lockdown alarm. Is that bugged, or is my game just screwing with me?
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 10, 2013, 06:34:39 am »

Edit: Also, the bangup and lockdown alarm. Is that bugged, or is my game just screwing with me?
i noticed that when you close the research screen you have the chance to hit "bangup/lockdown" too, as they are right below the close button for the research screen.... what is quite annoying that they get pressed too then.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 10, 2013, 02:32:59 pm »

When will this game be finished? Any date, this year, next year, anything?
Make love not war

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 10, 2013, 02:45:36 pm »

Project HYPHEN Architect-Now with X% more Y!  :P

Other than that this game is really cool, probably wont buy it but I like watching LP's of it.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #639 on: June 10, 2013, 03:33:45 pm »

Other than that this game is really cool, probably wont buy it but I like watching LP's of it.

Sorry I try to keep it interesting :p

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 11, 2013, 12:04:14 am »

When will this game be finished? Any date, this year, next year, anything?

Nope, we've got no clue. They seem to be pretty reliably releasing a new version every month though. In another year I suspect it will start looking pretty complete (but this is just my own guess).
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 11, 2013, 02:02:32 am »

Sorry I try to keep it interesting :p

I like these updates, much better than the KSP thread that just have the same title, from like 2 years back.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 11, 2013, 06:09:04 am »

I think I just won the game... in a manner of speaking.

I constructed a super secure prison that was designed in just the right way not to need any regime other than a few hours of work for the laundry. I had about 50 prisoners, I let it run over night, and when I got back to it in the morning everyone was chugging along quite happily.

I've noticed two problems with the game that really kill it for me.

1: Once you run out of money, that's pretty much it. You can't build much more after you use all your grants.
2: The time it takes to do anything. Days are too long and individual hours are too short. One hour set in the regime to shower generally means some people don't get a wash, and you have to wait an unnecessarily long time before you can get the resources to do anything about it.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 11, 2013, 11:43:48 am »

There's mods that add grants. They're pretty good.
And protip: replace most of your regime with free time and your prisoners take care of themselves.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 23, 2013, 05:51:26 am »

I talked to chris yesterday at rezzed ( really nice guy ) and found out some interesting stuff for the next or upcoming updates I don't know if this is common knowledge yet. Also I found out chris also comes onto the dwarf fortress forums quite a bit as well and reads the posts here but only lurks we need to fix this and get him to post :D

So first at some point the shotguns and pistols we find about sometimes will be useable by guards and prisoners so you will be able to have perimeters where if a prisoner goes there the guards will shoot.

You will be able to set the punishment regime and dictate how badly prisoners are treated, this effects the thermometer and makes people's rage point much higher due to beatings.

And my final thing you will be able to buy more plots of land if you outgrow your current land ! Very happy to hear this.

I did try and cheekily ask for some of the features which will be in v.11 but he laughed and said they were not ready yet
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 107