Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 239119 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a28) - New look for Xmas
« Reply #1155 on: March 01, 2015, 10:42:35 pm »

Well, guards still try to get Tazer Safety whatsisname at 6am which aborts instantly after charging $$$ (as it has to be in work hours or something), and have to be moved manually to another time.

And parole wants to start at 6am also? Nobody's awake at that time and the prisoners don't awaken/leave their cells either :/ I'm not going to change my regime just because of that... I guess I'll also have to manually set parole hearings.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 01, 2015, 11:15:35 pm »

Just curious to see, but where are you guys at in terms of funding? I just picked up this game a little while ago and got my funding up from the base 30,000 to just over 500,000 starting my fourth prison!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 02, 2015, 12:19:24 am »

Just curious to see, but where are you guys at in terms of funding? I just picked up this game a little while ago and got my funding up from the base 30,000 to just over 500,000 starting my fourth prison!

Every update I sell my old prison and start it anew (more or less the same layout).

Valuation is at about 1,000,000 now.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 02, 2015, 02:18:58 am »

Well, guards still try to get Tazer Safety whatsisname at 6am which aborts instantly after charging $$$ (as it has to be in work hours or something), and have to be moved manually to another time.

And parole wants to start at 6am also? Nobody's awake at that time and the prisoners don't awaken/leave their cells either :/ I'm not going to change my regime just because of that... I guess I'll also have to manually set parole hearings.

Nonsense! Rise and shine at 5am! New prison wake time...if they care about leaving early they wont bitch too much

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 02, 2015, 07:01:41 am »

How do you make the lousy gits get out of bed?  I set the schedule earlier, but they just lay around sleeping.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 02, 2015, 07:11:28 am »

Round them up at the yard, they'll get out of bed for that
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 02, 2015, 08:03:38 am »

Ah, thats my problem.  I was trying to give them time in the cell to use the toilet, but they were squandering it on sleep.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a30) - Now on tablets!
« Reply #1162 on: March 02, 2015, 08:49:51 am »

Send them to bed earlier so they fix their sleep needs earlier.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 02, 2015, 09:07:45 am »

Actually I keep them awake until 1 am (with dinner time). They'll wake automatically at 8 am no matter what, and I give them lockdown for an hour to shower and watch TV in their rooms. Then it's breakfast time. The rest of my regime is basically work with a few free hours here and there.

00:00 Food
01:00 Sleep
02:00 Sleep
03:00 Sleep
04:00 Sleep
05:00 Sleep
06:00 Sleep
07:00 Sleep
08:00 Lockup
09:00 Food
10:00 Food
11:00 Free time
12:00 Work
13:00 Work
14:00 Work
15:00 Free time
16:00 Work
17:00 Work
18:00 Work
19:00 Free time
20:00 Work
21:00 Work
22:00 Food
23:00 Food

They always get out of their cells all mellow and compliant. That's why I don't want to force them to wake up for interviews or whatever.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 02, 2015, 09:22:08 am »

You'd think you'd be able to set a work schedule. Like, parole hearings at X, kitchen delivery at Y, classes W At time Z, etc. Obviously a little different than prisoner schedules since, aside from the different classes, they're not mutually exclusive. Whether it should be diffused across the myriad tabs or in one place, I'm not sure. The UI would be fairly clunky either way, for different reasons, unless they have the skills to do it nicely.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 09:24:57 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 02, 2015, 09:35:07 am »

The buggers just mill around the cell not sleeping!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 02, 2015, 10:28:02 am »

Funding seems to be a heck of a lot easier... either that or I'm just building off of my old auto-run prison. 
In v.a29, I was making money thanks to 10% parole and over 600 prisoners of varying quality.  Now that I can have multiple parole stations... and no loss at reoffending, pure monies.  Under this new thing, it is probably viable to run a lowsec prison.  It'll be revolving door type, with a ton of parole stations. 
Screw the workshop.  I built 2 workshops and its full of exports just sitting there, cause noone is transporting em to the export station.  Lazy workers.

Funds currently at 5mil.  3.5mil of that in cash.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 02, 2015, 11:57:58 am »

usually if you give it a few days they will adjust...unless you didn't move back the time they wake up as well. I put toilets, phones, pool tables, workout equipment and showers in the yard myself...that way yard time is more like controlled free time where they can take care of needs but still be in one spot

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 02, 2015, 12:02:01 pm »

Prisoners will not go to bed earlier than 10pm and will not sleep later than 8am, no matter when you set sleep time.
They will even sleep in their free time if it's past 10pm.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 02, 2015, 12:04:39 pm »

I have seen plenty of prisoners sleep before 10pm on free time if the need is high enough...never heard of the 10pm-8am thing
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 107