Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 239092 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect (v. a33) - Now with 20% softer mattresses
« Reply #1245 on: June 23, 2015, 01:59:39 pm »

The game dat file is just a compressed archive. You can modify things in it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: June 23, 2015, 04:11:55 pm »

Its not like you need to read the bios even, unless introversion added generated bios for all the random prisoners.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: June 24, 2015, 10:22:16 am »

Hm. Is there any way to prevent tunnels without shakedowns every night?
I have dog handlers patrolling around my cell blocks all night, and they've never thrown up anything but false alarms, but I've had two prisoners escape already.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1248 on: June 24, 2015, 10:27:11 am »

Even a shakedown isn't guaranteed to find the tunnel. The only sure way is to dismantle the toilets. I do prisoner rotations regularly. I leave one cell block empty and dismantle the toilets in another, invalidating the cells and causing the prisoners to be transferred. Collapse any tunnels, then move them back in later on or move the next bunch. I only do this once some dogs have alerted though, or sufficient time has passed, or a prisoner escapes.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: June 24, 2015, 10:28:04 am »

I have dog handlers patrolling around my cell blocks all night, and they've never thrown up anything but false alarms, but I've had two prisoners escape already.

Metal detectors at your prison block entrances will reduce or outright stop tools from getting into cells, and stop tunneling. Other than that, I'd shakedown once a week during night hours when they're all asleep. Also, I use small pipes for water in the cells, and limit the large water pipes to a single line straight from the water pump, so even if the tunnelers get into it, they have nowhere to go. This actually gives me an idea; what if you have an inner ring of large pipes around your prison? Would the tunnelers hit it and get stuck?
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1250 on: June 24, 2015, 10:35:48 am »

This actually gives me an idea; what if you have an inner ring of large pipes around your prison? Would the tunnelers hit it and get stuck?
No. As I understand it, large pipes just make it easier to move through those tiles. If the pipes don't go the way the tunneler wants to go, he wouldn't follow them.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: June 24, 2015, 10:36:57 am »

This actually gives me an idea; what if you have an inner ring of large pipes around your prison? Would the tunnelers hit it and get stuck?
No. As I understand it, large pipes just make it easier to move through those tiles. If the pipes don't go the way the tunneler wants to go, he wouldn't follow them.

Dang, there goes my AI breaker idea. Ah well, the traditional ways of finding tunnels is the way to go then.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 24, 2015, 10:40:03 am »

I believe there is a type of wall you can build the extends below ground.  They will automatically try to path around it, so you could theoretically make a choke point that all tunnelers will dig through.  Just periodically check that one point.  Would require a bit of setup though.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 24, 2015, 11:04:02 am »

I believe there is a type of wall you can build the extends below ground.  They will automatically try to path around it, so you could theoretically make a choke point that all tunnelers will dig through.  Just periodically check that one point.  Would require a bit of setup though.
Perimeter wall.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 24, 2015, 11:05:10 am »

The thing is, my dogs don't seem to be doing *anything* against tunnels. I have found no tunnels because of dogs, they've always been false alarms, as far as I can tell.

Also, I've modified the main.dat file to remove the majority of the shitty custom bios. I've left a few in, mostly sanitized. It makes me very happy that it's really just a .rar archive (and that there is no validation, thank god)

E: also, nobody seems to be interested in the education programme, which sort of sucks.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:21:14 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 24, 2015, 11:22:47 am »

E: also, nobody seems to be interested in the education programme, which sort of sucks.
You're oppressing your prisoners too much. They need to have a low repression to take classes.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1256 on: June 24, 2015, 11:42:58 am »

Perimeter wall.
Keeping in mind that said wall does not PREVENT tunneling under, and if the only way around the wall is a very long way off then they will indeed take the time to go under instead.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 24, 2015, 11:47:45 am »

You're oppressing your prisoners too much. They need to have a low repression to take classes.
Ah, that might explain it. After some fights in the canteen I thought it a good idea to permanently station an armed guard in the middle of the canteen...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 24, 2015, 12:06:57 pm »

1. Metal detectors are absolutely required.  Put em at the entrances to the cell block and/or if you have some sort of mega cell block, put em at the entrances of places that generate tools like the canteen or workshop.
2. Dogs patrolling inside the cells blocks/rooms.  Sure, they probably don't sniff out tools/weapons, but the can get the other contraband.  Which leads to #3...
3. Policy of searching the cell and sending to solitary for any possible infraction.  They lose their cell and it gets searched, which helps with the rotating...
4. Make sure to search and double search new/recently constructed cell blocks, just in case stuff got in before the metal detector chokepoints were set-up.  And maybe that issue of stuff slipping past in construction material.

I've left the game running for hours and have had no escapes, barely any tunnels either, since they tend to be found quickly.

@Dogs patrolling outside/around the cell block, the chance for the patrol to be right over the tunnel while the prisoner is digging/passing through is very very very low.  I don't think I've ever caught one like this.  Basically your dog patrol probably can only sniff around 3 or 5 tunnel tiles at most. 
Most tunnels would dig straight from the cell block to the fence/exit.  Which means if your dog patrol circles around the cell or the whole prison, there is a minimum chance to find tunnels via dog.  And even if you try to build it so that your dogs patrol between cell block to exit/perimeter, you'd have to do a lot of perimeter fence sorcery and what-not to try to control the likely tunnel paths, if they don't just decide to dig straight under anyways.  Also, having to consider the fact that you are still running a prison and your prisoners still have needs.  So you need a bit of extra real estate to implement this per cell block.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 24, 2015, 12:15:15 pm »

I do have metal detectors at every cell block. And I'll move the dogs inside, I guess. I didn't realize they only work if somebody is actively digging.
I've moved my armed guards outside my perimeter to reduce supression, so hopefully not all escape attempts will work now.
I guess I'll move my dog patrols inside (they already patrol around the entrance to the canteen at lunchtime, e.g. when most prisoners go through a 3-tile-wide chokepoint)

E:
Heh, just got a prisoner that is both ex-law enforcement AND a snitch. Didn't see his stats, but now he's dead.

E2:
Oh man, I just went over capacity by 20 prisoners by forgetting to turn intake off. I have a single minimum size holding cell...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 12:23:28 pm by miauw62 »

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 107