Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 239029 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect (v. a33) - Now with 20% softer mattresses
« Reply #1260 on: June 24, 2015, 01:30:51 pm »

I do have metal detectors at every cell block. And I'll move the dogs inside, I guess. I didn't realize they only work if somebody is actively digging.

They don't. If they pass over a tunnel where a prisoner is actively digging, they will immediately reveal the entire tunnel system however.

There's a very small chance they'll send up a false positive and flag a tunnel where there isn't one while they are on patrol, but a real tunnel system will send up many flags if you send your dogs sniffing around. You can use the placement of large pipes and perimeter walls to direct where tunnels are likely to form, and then concentrate patrols there.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 24, 2015, 03:01:23 pm »

I do have metal detectors at every cell block. And I'll move the dogs inside, I guess. I didn't realize they only work if somebody is actively digging.

They don't. If they pass over a tunnel where a prisoner is actively digging, they will immediately reveal the entire tunnel system however.

There's a very small chance they'll send up a false positive and flag a tunnel where there isn't one while they are on patrol, but a real tunnel system will send up many flags if you send your dogs sniffing around. You can use the placement of large pipes and perimeter walls to direct where tunnels are likely to form, and then concentrate patrols there.
Huh, I don't remember ever having a dog find a tunnel.  I have had patrols circling cell blocks on those games I just leave on for the day.  Even back before I tightened things up, dogs ain't the ones to find tunnels. 

The flag system never did any good for me actually... I don't really care that the dog may or may not have found a tunnel, means jack-all to me if it doesn't trigger an automatic search.
I rely a lot on the automatic stuff to deal with most of the day to day operations while I just build stuff and tweak things on a more macro scale.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 26, 2015, 04:36:30 am »

Eh, I've moved the patrols inside the cell blocks so the dogs sniff every cell every few days, so cells are rotated because of solitary. I've found two or three tunnels already.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 29, 2015, 05:24:11 pm »

A pro-tip I've not seen anywhere yet; build small toilet areas onto your yard to save your prisoners time after breakfast/anytime. Make sure its marked with the yard and you'll see prisoners run to it whenever you set yard or free time. Combo this with extra phones and radios in your yard to take care of alot of prisoner needs while saving space; one giant area at the center of your prison to take care of alot of needs is awesome. You can also do all that in your canteen for extra efficiency!

The real kicker is this doesn't invalidate the Privacy need. I think that's affected by having private cells though.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 29, 2015, 05:27:08 pm »

pretty valid protip yeah

i ended up filling my yard with phones, toilets, showers, the like

give them two hours freetime before shoveling them between work, food, and lockup, works wonderfully

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 29, 2015, 05:29:23 pm »

I've got toilets and a pool table in the canteen too. If you want your prisoners to take to your reform programs, making sure that they have all their needs is a must.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 29, 2015, 06:35:02 pm »

TV in the canteen works too.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 29, 2015, 07:03:06 pm »

Nice to see others know about this, it's pretty damn handy. I used to have prisoners pissing everywhere after breakfast and it annoyed me, so I did this as an off-test. Worked. Anyway, another protip for newbies: get an armed guard to patrol your yard for suppression. He won't get more than maybe 1 or 2 stacks of suppression on each prisoner, but that's enough to count towards time suppressed in both your security and punishment scores. Watch your prison churn out low re-offending rates on non-addict/violent prisoners through pure intimidation! Also, spiritual guidance programs in the chapel are super OP for getting those reform scores up.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 30, 2015, 10:08:42 am »

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:48:44 am by BigD145 »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 30, 2015, 11:01:44 am »

GANGS!

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 30, 2015, 11:05:03 am »

You wut, mate?! You wunna foight? My bros got sumfin to say about that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 30, 2015, 11:05:21 am »

GANGS!
...partially implemented gangs. From the sounds of it right now they're just eventual mini-riot generators.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 30, 2015, 11:29:58 am »

GANGS!
...partially implemented gangs. From the sounds of it right now they're just eventual mini-riot generators.

They're prison(er) guards.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 30, 2015, 12:36:20 pm »

One day they'll be fully implemented, though.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 30, 2015, 02:06:53 pm »

Holy dog shit, shops are in. That's pretty awesome. Gotta have a dog handler patrol in there to prevent smuggled goods, but damn, now my prisoners have another reason to jump on the prison work bandwagon.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 107