Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 238040 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect (v. a35) - Full release planned for October!
« Reply #1335 on: August 11, 2015, 10:40:39 am »

eh, i just make solitary 1-tile. my two-tile solitary cells are that big because else it would look ugly :v

serves them right, tbh.

i have one prisoner who is a perpetual solitary machine. he gets put in solitary, damages the door, racks up more solitary, gets angrier, damages more, etc. he has stoic and volatile i think.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 11, 2015, 11:46:01 am »

eh, i just make solitary 1-tile. my two-tile solitary cells are that big because else it would look ugly :v

serves them right, tbh.

i have one prisoner who is a perpetual solitary machine. he gets put in solitary, damages the door, racks up more solitary, gets angrier, damages more, etc. he has stoic and volatile i think.
Eh, my prison pop is typically over 500 and I'm currently leaving intake on, getting 30-50 prisoners a day.  Turn over and successful parole needs to be a little on the high side.  A good riot every now and then is also great.  Messy affair though. 
Can't bother with a revolving door to solitary.  It is very inefficient and will later bite me in the arse when I least need it to... like after a good ol fashioned riot with death counts over 100... and many more needing to be put into solitary.  (Stupid legendary guy...  One day he will return to general pop.  One day.)

Free Fire, serves em right, imo.
Collateral Damage, serves em right, imo.

Fun fact: Cuffed prisoners cause no problems.  They will end up starving if left long enough.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: August 11, 2015, 05:24:36 pm »

My opinion on dogs patrolling around the wall/outside the cell block, it is pointless, flags go away if you pass by it on screen so they don't accumulate if you casually pass by it while being the architect.  You are not the warden, unless you want to be.  You can't really be bothered to run 2-3 cell block shakedowns... every time your dogs throw up a flag right? (Shakedowns/Cell block searches are not 100% chance on finding tunnels, so if you want 100%, you gotta search more then once or to manually go through all the toilets yourself.)

Dogs detecting tunnels are micro, full of false positives and unnecessary waste of kennel space. 
Yes, I know I used to do this too, but I have had zero results cause I NEVER act on dog flags and there were maybe these 3 times they threw up +10 flags over a small area... but I left it on overnight... and the prisoners already escaped or was hit by cell rotation.

If the dogs detect a tunnel, I send them to check the space around the flag. If its a false positive, they won't find further flags. If they find further flags I'll have the cell block searched. Then again I tend to not have more than 200 prisoners, so micro managing isn't a big problem.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 11, 2015, 05:47:46 pm »

i just fit my cells with phone booths

they dig out when they have unsatisfied freedom, and phone booths are a device that reduce freedom, so

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 11, 2015, 06:23:59 pm »

i just fit my cells with phone booths

they dig out when they have unsatisfied freedom, and phone booths are a device that reduce freedom, so

*ring*ring*
*ring*ring*
"Hey. Hey. Stop digging. The guard is coming."

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #1340 on: August 28, 2015, 06:48:26 am »

Last Alpha is out! More info on main page.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect (v. a36) - The Last Alpha
« Reply #1341 on: August 28, 2015, 02:45:55 pm »

Oh God. I got back to this yesterday to check the new updates since..1 or 2 years ago that I played it. Back then I made a perfect small prison (for the time), so perfect nothing would happen. Ever. To the point that I had to intentionally piss off the inmates for days until things started happening.. but I think that changed now, with traits and all that.
So I head to Steam and see there's now a ton of random events and stuff. And I just suck at the game right now, I can't remember anything except that I used to do checkpoints/gateways and that used to supress a lot and lower contraband.

I'm pretty sure this will end in disaster for me, but I have to try it!  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 28, 2015, 02:57:45 pm »

Meh, random events = less leaving the game on for hours from the looks of it...  I'll have to give it a try to see.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 31, 2015, 12:02:59 pm »

Alright, so I gave the new random event system a whirl, starting with a small map after selling my last prison for 5mil.  (Didn't help that my pretty large prison with +800 prisoners was slow as molasses at 1x speed... There was a lot of empty space too... So pretty damn inefficient.)

Some of the events are actually interesting, in my opinion.  Like more random/unplanned for prisoners.  I was taking it easy with only minsec(+30-60 a day), but the game sent me a huge batch of maxsec, forcing me to put in a protectivesec area.  (Dogs can and will maul unconscious prisoners...  The dog's partner was pretty far away...)

Others are meh, pay attention to me or your prison will grind to an absolute halt.  Broken water pipes, broken walls, burning power stations and kitchen fires.  (But, kitchen fires are ok, since I brought in some firemen.  They live in the kitchen now.)

The worst are the ones that tell you to do annoying things like deconstruct/dezone things already built.  I'm not keen on that.  Plus, the bastard spams me with hefty 50k-ish fines forever if I ignore him/leave the game on.

In short, I cannot leave the game on for hours with events on.  So... yea, I'll probably only keep it on if I'm paying attention.  Otherwise, turn it off when I just want to let my prison chug along and fill to overcapacity with minsec, causing them to eventually harmlessly cull themselves...  (Though, I do love to mix in instigators with the minsec...)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 12:12:26 pm by Zangi »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 31, 2015, 12:16:24 pm »

(But, kitchen fires are ok, since I brought in some firemen.  They live in the kitchen now.)

What, no sprinkler system?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 31, 2015, 01:19:58 pm »

(But, kitchen fires are ok, since I brought in some firemen.  They live in the kitchen now.)

I thought about that, but nah, firemen are dirt cheapfree and are actually mobile.  It may or may not come in handy.  I'd rather go for live-in firemen though, given my options.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1346 on: August 31, 2015, 04:19:33 pm »

I thought about that, but nah, firemen are dirt cheapfree and are actually mobile.  It may or may not come in handy.  I'd rather go for live-in firemen though, given my options.
huh... they should really put in constant costs for emergency services. I mean why hire doctors and build medical wings when you can just have some paramedics for free?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 31, 2015, 04:39:00 pm »

My prison has tons of sprinklers!

... Outside, on the grass and next to the trees. I don't feel like they're ever explained properly >.>

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1348 on: August 31, 2015, 04:41:59 pm »

... Outside, on the grass and next to the trees. I don't feel like they're ever explained properly >.>
The tooltip is fairly clear... "Sprinkler - Cost $20 - Automatically sprays the area with water in the event of a fire."

So... yes they are?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 31, 2015, 06:42:36 pm »

The tooltip is fairly clear... "Sprinkler - Cost $20 - Automatically sprays the area with water in the event of a fire."

So... yes they are?
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 107