Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What should i do about this? (recieved a deathtreat).  (Read 1836 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: What should i do about this? (recieved a deathtreat).
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 05:52:19 pm »

Might have been an overreaction. On the other hand, you touched his stuff. You instigated it, not him.  :|

This is true, but an answer of a physical threat to a pretty tame FB post (saying "I've forgot to be careful so I've been defaced" or somesuch is much, much tamer than some other stuff you can do) is worrying to say the least, unless the guy held a grudge against you in the first place.

It's a bit like teasing someone and then the other person waving a knife in your face. :/

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 06:14:21 pm »

Hopefully this teaches you not to fuck with other peoples stuff.

Not everyone will tolerate this teenie prank bullshit out in the real world. It was also probably illegal accessing someone elses acct without their permission even if it was for a childish prank.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 06:16:16 pm »

Did you explain that it is the custom in your dorm to do that?
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 07:27:50 pm »

See, there's this little concept called "Respecting the personal space and belongings of others." So what if it's a dorm custom? It's also fucking stupid. Maybe the guy has issues about people messing with him because of a bad experience? If I had a FB account and someone did that to me without me indicating that I was okay with it, I'd be pretty pissed as well. Not 'threaten to push someone out a window' pissed because I'm not a moron and if I was going to kill you, you'd never know about it, but I'd do some stuff to fuck up your life for the next few days. Maybe penny the door to your room.

Guy was out of line for what the OP did, but the OP was really disrespectful as well. GIFT transposed into real life, and OP is more than likely a bit sore because he didn't expect to be found out, and may even be BSing about it being a dorm custom (as if that would make it okay).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 08:03:10 pm »

Where I am, this is a custom... but only if you are friends. Nonetheless, one friend once put something up that could have ruined my career. He should have known as well, but he does lack a significant amount of common sense, so...

My response? Uhh, not buy him beer like I normally do on the next night out we had. Lol :P

The bad experience thing is a valid point though.

DeadlyLintRoller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2012, 10:21:10 pm »

He's sounds like a douchebag trying to be an alpha male. It's an empty threat, he won't touch you.
I'm back!

Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
  • Floating weightless in a cavern.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2012, 10:54:04 pm »

Yeah, I know plenty of people who would just blow up in order to get you to fuck off or just because they want to play alpha male, so consider that as a possibility. They might not be full psycho, just a dickhead or over-defensive. I've played that card before to be completely honest, because it doesn't feel good to be uncomfortable in your daily environment (although these circumstances certainly didn't call for it, and he should have tried the nice way first).

Anyways, just be cautious and leave him alone. If he does anything like that again, call the cops or whatever you need to do.

Edit: Also, the subject says that you "recieved a deathtreat" which is kind of hilarious to me for no particular reason.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:56:43 pm by Eidolon »
In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars, and sought to better themselves for the good of all.
But we are much wiser now.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 04:37:13 pm »

I'm not quite sure what to say other than beat his fucking teeth in if he breaks into your dorm, but i'm an asshole so you probably shouldn't use me as a great example.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 06:27:36 pm »

Edit: Also, the subject says that you "recieved a deathtreat" which is kind of hilarious to me for no particular reason.

Heh "Try yummy new DeathTreats, they're fatally delicious!"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 10:23:14 pm »

What is this? Get an App and record him abusing you? Honestly, what?!

This is the way I see it: "I posted a rude comment on a friend's FaceBook Account, and then he pushed me out of a window and killed me."
Thats fucked up.. I see how you were in the wrong in the first place by invading his privacy, but I can also see how you could be paranoid of being hurt by someone who can blow up and threaten to murder you so easily.

You definitely shouldn't go with temporary or drastic solutions ((avoiding him forever (if he really is psycho, then a dangerous grudge could build up until he finally hurts you, himself, or those around him), trying to get him arrested (once again, grudge. when he gets out then that could turn into an entirely new problem, and then your family would be in danger as well, not to mention you could be ruining a normal person's life if he was really okay. if he isn't jailed it might make it worse), deferring to the staff (as the others have said, they probably couldn't do anything aside from aggravate his condition, if he has one.) )) as those could easily have horrid consequences and might only alienate him further. I think you should try talking to him one-on-one after letting him cool off for a week. Just try to talk about how much he scared you, why you're sorry, and ask him if he's been feeling alright lately. If he chills out, and lets you know he was just having a bad day, or similar, then thats a load off of your mind. If he flips again, or threatens you once more, then you might want to be worried, and you can definitely go and get some help in good conscience.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 10:54:42 pm »

???

I'm pretty sure OP wasn't killed.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 11:06:38 pm »

???

I'm pretty sure OP wasn't killed.
My point was, being killed, versus being embarrassed on FaceBook. :P

Zorbeltuss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 10:13:19 am »

I made this extra account to remain anonymous.

So, i live in a dorm. at 3rd floor.
I was in one of my friends rooms, talking with him.
Then i noticed that this 3rd persons pc was on, and wasn't locked or anything.
So i, as it is custom at this dorm, write a status on his facebook that says,(in danish)  "I easily forget to lock my pc, so now i have been faceraped. ;)"
Then i close the window, and forget all about it.
One hour later, im chilling in my window at 3rd floor, with a coke.
Then the guy whose pc i FR'd crashes into my room and treatens me with pushing me out my window, if i don't within 3 seconds answer whether or not i had "hacked" his facebook.
He does that 3 times, then i tell him that i have not "hacked" his facebook, telling him that his pc was left on, unlocked.
After saying that i did write that status, he treatens with beating me up if i ever do that again.

It definantly freaked me out, and i would definantly describe it as a death treat.
What should/could i do about this? I am afraid that he is psychologically unstable or something and might bite rather than bark.
The big problem you have if you don't do anything about it is that if someone else does it to him, he might still blame you, so I'd say contact some authority about it, I had a flat mate who flipped on me and after that he blamed anything that happened on me (we were 6 people in a really big flat).

/Zorbeltuss
Kun hölmöllä on moottorisaha, jokainen häviää. / Kaikki jotuvat tappiolle kun hölmöllä on moottorisaha.
Pages: 1 [2]