Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32

Author Topic: BM XXXVII: Welcome to Zombo Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 74348 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Shakerag  Why the massive lurk bro? also, you contributed very little in Shoes Vs. Mr Zero. In fact you stuck with your vote on Captain Ford. Tell me, What were you trying to achieve?
And to answer your question, I did not call Zero scum.
As I stated at least more than once, I've been rather busy RL.  Mr.Zero struck me as newbtown moreso than scummy, and Shoes I was feeling more iffy about as the day came to a close.  First of all, I didn't have a vote in at day end, and secondly even if I had kept my vote on CF, why would that matter?  If he was the person I thought was most scummy, then why should I have changed my vote to Mr.Zero or ShoesandHats? 

Also, yes, you didn't call Mr.Zero scum, but I was getting the impression from your post that you felt him scummy.  Especially since you said you'd be watching him.  Still, if you think he's acting like how you have before, how does that affect your read of him?

Either IC, If you were in ShoesandHats's position, would you have claimed Town Doctor before getting lynched?
Yes.  What would be the reason not to?

Later I thought "The IC's are just being nice to Mr.Zero because he appears to be a noob-town, but he doesn't scumhunt despite me telling him to, so I should keep pressuring him."
We're not here to be nice; we're here to teach.  I'm not going to go easy on someone just because they're a newbie.  I think it's safe to say the same holds true for Jim as well.  If I need to beat a lesson into you with a shovel, so be it.  We may be pleasant (as opposed to raging dickbags), but "being nice" to someone isn't going to teach them anything, so you can dismiss that thought. 

As an addendum to nabic's question:
Either IC, If you were in ShoesandHats's position, would you have claimed Town Doctor before getting lynched?
Would your answer change if you were a cop?
No.  Again, what reason is there to not claim?

Scottzar: It's a pressure vote. Really, if you can't realise that then herp derp for you.

Also, please note my entire Fucking game is gonna be PFP.

Also, Reads!
Nerjin: Seems very desperate to either:
A: Get things over and done with or
B: Not post anything he doesn't exactly have to.
Meh. He could flip either really.
[...]
Xny: Meh. Isn't standing out.
[...]
A read on a replaced player I can maybe sort of see, but why give a read on Nerjin?

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh god I am really not paying attention. Nerjin is dead. Fuuuuu
Still, your answers are satisfactory. Unvote
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Scottzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Water is truly the most dwarven of fluids
    • View Profile

Scottzar: It's a pressure vote. Really, if you can't realise that then herp derp for you.
Scottzar: Doesn't know what a pressure vote is.
I can understand a pressure vote, but unusually you attach it to more than one question unless they haven't answered you for like 50 hours.

Later I thought "The IC's are just being nice to Mr.Zero because he appears to be a noob-town, but he doesn't scumhunt despite me telling him to, so I should keep pressuring him."
We're not here to be nice; we're here to teach.  I'm not going to go easy on someone just because they're a newbie.  I think it's safe to say the same holds true for Jim as well.  If I need to beat a lesson into you with a shovel, so be it.  We may be pleasant (as opposed to raging dickbags), but "being nice" to someone isn't going to teach them anything, so you can dismiss that thought.
'Being nice' in this case means not attacking him constantly for making basic slips. For example, in the Wild West Mafia I referenced when I subbed in, shark drew a massive amount of pressure because he had made a massive a noob (but not scum) mistake; the difference here is that most if not all of the new players have made mistakes which are easy to pick up on.
Also you seemed to be intentionally giving him an easy time, because you read him as town whereas you read others (say, Nabic) as neutral.

No.  Again, what reason is there to not claim?
Just asking. In EpicMafia, which I used to play, anyone who claimed a role while under pressure would usually get a 90% vote majority in seconds.

In forum mafia, like this, if the cop/doctor claims, is it usual for scum to counter claim immediately, and the inverse true?

Nabic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes.  What would be the reason not to?
Although my initial intuition was to claim, it could seem like he's rolefishing for the actual doctor as mafia, making him more likely to get voted off. Wouldn't mafia be just as likely to claim a power role to out the real one? Also, considering that there is no doctor, would you come out tomorrow even if you could only confirm 2 townies as cop?

Captain Ford, Throughout the entire game you've only addressed borno once, and haven't even acknowledged kingfisher1112 since he subbed back in. Why? What's your read on kingfisher1112/borno?

kingfisher1112, Why do you think the D1 IC lurking is scummy? In your opinion, how could they better help new players?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Sorry for the absence, everyone.

Can't pressure Nerjin now for being lazy and bandwagoning on arguments from ages ago.

Why mention this? It almost seems like you're sad about this.

I don't want to shove stuff to my inexperience, but it seems like you are waiting for those mastermind attacks.

Is people attacking you for your lack of skill and experience sufficient reason to suspect them?

I don't like you using your inexperience as a defense. Your experience or inexperience has no bearing on whether or not you're scum, so it's an utterly futile defense to bring it up when people attack you.

I might have but I don't think it would have changed the lynch at all.

It always seems like the power roles get lynched early on in a BM for some reason. I have no clue why this happens so much.

My answer would be the same either way. I might claim but I wouldn't hold out too much hope that it would actually do anything.

Jim Groovester, Has your read on Mr.Zero changed since you last posted it?

Slightly, but not strongly.

Pointing to his inexperience as a defense bugs me. If he's using it as an excuse to avoid scumhunting as strongly as he should then it's scummy of him. He hasn't posted significantly since the opening of Day 2, so it remains to be seen whether that's the case.

Jim: What's your read on Nabic and Scottzar?

Not strong either way.

I'm curious why Scottzar started out the day complaining that he wouldn't be able to pressure Nerjin for being scummy. He's also kind of annoying in how zealous he think everyone should be in scumhunting, but this does not affect my read on him.

Nabic, I have no read on. He seems to be doing well, and nothing jumps out at me to say he's scum in any way.

Yep.

I will teach as aggressively, hostilely, hand-holdy, or gently as I feel appropriate depending on the player.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Scottzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't pressure Nerjin now for being lazy and bandwagoning on arguments from ages ago.

Why mention this? It almost seems like you're sad about this.
Because at that time I had only one read (Mr.Zero) and its much more shaky than the case on ShoesandHats. With Nerjin alive I would have been pressuring him while voting Mr.Zero, and the two of them have been using short, lazy arguments. I could easily visualise the two of them as a scumteam, whereas, say, ShoesandHats and Mr.Zero wouldn't make much sense without blatant slips, because Zero had given a strong case against Shoes. Shoes/Nerjin I could see, and would probably have been the case I would be making had shoes flipped scum.

I am sad about one of the two people I had a case against as scum flipping town, because I had no idea who else could be the team: borno (and really CF) hadn't posted enough to slip majorly, the IC's were unreadable D1, and I read Nabic as town.

Of course, this changes now that Kingfisher and Captain Ford as posting.

Suspicion list for documentation purposes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

So, essentially, you're sad that your scumteam theory didn't pan out and that you didn't get the chance to really put Nerjin through the ringer, even though he was actually town.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Scottzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, essentially, you're sad that your scumteam theory didn't pan out and that you didn't get the chance to really put Nerjin through the ringer, even though he was actually town.
Partially, but also because out of the three people I had a reason to believe were scum (Mr.Zero, Nerjin and ShoesandHats), 2 have flipped town and that leaves me with a completely unaccounted for second scum who I (at that time) had no leads on.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uhh. Something cropped up, I don't have time for this.
Request Replacement
This time for good.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

Oh no.  :o

Mr. Zero and Kingfisher1112 are both up for replacement.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

Sorry for the delay in posting. My mother's birthday was on Friday, and I'm still a bit hungover.

Captain Ford, Throughout the entire game you've only addressed borno once, and haven't even acknowledged kingfisher1112 since he subbed back in. Why? What's your read on kingfisher1112/borno?

That's not entirely true. I addressed him several times at the start of the game, before he requested replacement.

Neither of them have really been around long enough to really be questioned. It's hard to get a read on somebody when they've done so little posting.

But it doesn't strike me as scummy. I would think that someone playing scum would put more effort/have more interest in the game.

Captain Ford:  So what did you learn from going over Mr.Zero's posts?

His spelling is atrocious, he writes a lot and responds quickly to other's posts, without putting much thought into either understanding other's posts or creating a carefully-crafted response.

As a result, he finds himself at the center of a lot of misunderstandings, both because his words are a mess and he doesn't understand what was being said in the first place.

It doesn't strike me as a well-planned strategy, more of a "let's see what happens and figure the rest out later." The results take up a lot of space but aren't very helpful for finding scum, as it's mostly others trying to figure out what he's saying, or just repeating what they said before in the hopes that he'll get it this time.

Oh no.  :o

Mr. Zero and Kingfisher1112 are both up for replacement.

What? Seriously? Mr.Zero is dropping out? He's the last person I expected to need a replacement.

I can see a whole lot more Extensions in our future...
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nabic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVII: Welcome to Zombo Mafia - Day 2 - TWO REPLACEMENTS NEEDED!
« Reply #296 on: November 05, 2012, 12:02:53 am »

Neither of them have really been around long enough to really be questioned. It's hard to get a read on somebody when they've done so little posting.

But it doesn't strike me as scummy. I would think that someone playing scum would put more effort/have more interest in the game.
Captain Ford Throughout the entirety of the game, you've asked kingfisher1112/borno one question. If you didn't have any read on the player, why didn't you ask the replacement any questions? Didn't borno stick around long enough in D1? It looks like you were avoiding them, especially since you didn't ask either replacement a single question.
In your last statement you say what scum "would" do. However, without extenuating circumstances, a lack of activity is generally considered lurking. Why do you think this lack of activity is a town or non-scum read? Wouldn't scum want the least attention?

He's also kind of annoying in how zealous he think everyone should be in scumhunting, but this does not affect my read on him.
I'd like some clarification about this statement. Do you think people are already scumhunting perfectly fine, and he's pushing them to hunt too hard? Isn't it a good thing for him to promote activity, or am I missing something?

As I stated at least more than once, I've been rather busy RL.  Mr.Zero struck me as newbtown moreso than scummy, and Shoes I was feeling more iffy about as the day came to a close.  First of all, I didn't have a vote in at day end, and secondly even if I had kept my vote on CF, why would that matter?  If he was the person I thought was most scummy, then why should I have changed my vote to Mr.Zero or ShoesandHats? 
Hypothetical. If you thought ShoesandHats was town, and Captain Ford scum towards D1 end, would you have pushed for a further extension and a Captain Ford lynch?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 05, 2012, 05:33:48 pm »

play mafia or I will be sad.  :'(
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVII: Welcome to Zombo Mafia - Day 1 - The only limit is yourself
« Reply #298 on: November 05, 2012, 05:36:56 pm »

All this lurking means the scum are gonna win
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 05, 2012, 05:50:07 pm »

I've been gone for a little while, but I'll replace in if you would have me, ZU.
I'm not sure how to properly apologise for the last game I was a part of (and thoroughly ruined by leaving), but I still feel bad and I am really sorry.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 11:08:45 pm by Flandre »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32