Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 181206 times)

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you! That dizzy/drowsy/impair is just what I was thinking about. Will test and as long as it's not permanently harmful(impair description on wiki is vauge about that; as in, not saying anything at all) I am going to add that to all those gases and then post it for others to test. You know, there is never enough testing. For Science... You Monster...

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The FoE mod has a flux converter that charges depleted spark batteries, but makes Unicorns unconscious for a week and sick for another week. Here it is:

[INORGANIC:ARCANA_DRAIN]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:LIGHT_TEMPLATE]
   [STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:BLACK]
   [STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:BLACK]
   [STATE_COLOR:GAS:BLACK]
   [STATE_NAME:GAS:arcane vapor]
   [STATE_ADJ:GAS:arcane]
   [PREFIX:NONE]
   [SYNDROME]
      [SYN_CLASS:INSPIRED]
      [SYN_NAME:exhaustion]
      [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:MAGIC_NOVICE]
      [SYN_INHALED]
      [SYN_CONTACT]
      [CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:SEV:10000:PROB:100:START:0:END:8400]
      [CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:40:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:START:0:PEAK:50:END:16800]
      [CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:60:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:0:PEAK:50:END:16800]
      [CE_NAUSEA:SEV:40:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:0:PEAK:50:END:16800]
      [CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:SOCIAL_AWARENESS:80:0:MEMORY:80:0:PATIENCE:80:0:LINGUISTIC_ABILITY:80:0:EMPATHY:80:0:START:0:END:16800]
      [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:80:0:AGILITY:80:0:TOUGHNESS:80:0:START:0:END:16800]
      [CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:FOCUS:80:0:SPATIAL_SENSE:80:0:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:80:0:INTUITION:80:0:START:0:END:16800]
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Derp, for some reason, in inorganic_rainbow.txt, there is no [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CLOUD_TEMPLATE] tag in the [INORGANIC:GREEN_SOLID]  and [INORGANIC:GREEN_GAS] parts. You should add that. Dunno what their lack might cause, though.
About the gas: For now, exposure puts a victim into unconsciousness for three days, impairs grasp for six days and causes general drowsiness and dizziness as well as reduces speed in half(I think) for ten days. Right now, I'm checking the effects of putting the syndrome in the cloud_template in material_template_pony.txt. Before I used adding syndrome to all of the gases in inorganic_rainbow.txt, but it's inefficient. I will try and see what happens with that placement.
Edit:
Hmm... it seems adding syndrome into material_template has no effect... bummer. Oh, well. The old idea then. Copying syndrome into every gas description.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:03:05 am by Asssasin Asha »

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I seem to be having trouble learning the Crystal Smithing Process or the crystal forging process.  I have over 100 Crystal Shards and 13 tomes, but both show as red. 

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You need a pony with gem-setting skill enabled to research crystal smithing, forging and working.

I'm still trying to get a new fort going. Having trouble genning a world with an embark I like the looks of. (No aquifer, plenty of metal, and preferably in a good biome, though I'll settle for a neutral one. I am not good enough to go anywhere near the evil biomes or dea; with aquifers.)

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have ponies with that skill set, and I was able to research crystal setting fine.

In advanced generation, you should be able to set the mineral frequency (I think lower is more frequent), and the average amount of evil in the world, which should help get better sites

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile

You need a pony with gem-setting skill enabled to research crystal smithing, forging and working.

I'm still trying to get a new fort going. Having trouble genning a world with an embark I like the looks of. (No aquifer, plenty of metal, and preferably in a good biome, though I'll settle for a neutral one. I am not good enough to go anywhere near the evil biomes or dea; with aquifers.)

You can kill aquifers with modding:  go into the Inorganic_whatever files (layer, soil, and I think mineral.) and replace all [AQUIFER] with (AQUIFER).  do this in your global raws, and any new world genned will have no aquifers.  Do it in the Raws for a genned world and it'll destroy all aquifers there.  You can restore them by doing the opposite find-and-replace.

In basic world gen, Minerals: High or Everywhere and hope for the good.  in advanced, up desired good squares in all region sizes and drop mineral scarcity
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did manage to get Crystal Smithing and Crystal forging made - I could order them through the Manager, and they worked since I had all the requirements.  They're still red through the Library though.

Are there any civilizations that can siege?  I've gone 4 years and 1 million created worth with no sieges.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

Sieges are unfortunately a bit rare at the moment. The different civs have pretty varied ethics and wars are pretty frequent, but as of right now there are no perma-war enemies... Changelings will fill this role whenever I finish their civ, but I guess that doesn't really help you at the moment.
I guess you can try pissing off some caravans, see if that sparks some conflict.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With the Changelings, is it possibily for them to send raiders before sieges with the human diplomat's trick where they become immune to any traps that sees, or does that only work on diplomats?

That seems like it would fit their MO.  Disabling your defenses before they attack is what they did in the show.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

We're a bit limited by the mechanics, but definitely going to try to give the changelings some underhanded tactics. One idea is to perhaps make a cangeling queen based on the vampire that runs around sucking people's love :P

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you know you forgot to delete a bunch of old reactions from the zebra entity file? (They're all reactions from the old pony mod, which no longer exist in this one.)
And you know, when I played my last fort... I never had any civilization show up to trade aside from my home civilization and the zebras. I'm fairly sure I saw griffons and buffalo as neighbors, but they never appeared to trade or attack. (Aside from the werewarthog that apparently was originally a buffalo.) Looking in the raws and comparing them against the pony and zebra files, it kinda looks like the tags to trigger those things are missing from the griffon and buffalo entities.

I have got a new fort started, though. I'm still excavating storage areas and setting up initial workshops. This time I've got a nice cliff they can dig into and defend more easily. I got very lucky and got a pony with a medical cutie mark in my embark crew. Most of the others are kinda useless as far as setting up initially. They're just going to have to do things outside of their special talent until I get migrants with more appropriate cutie marks. I believe the fashion pony has been assigned to farming work, the pegasus explorer will serve as militia commander, and the other pegasus will have to be a miner and mason. The earth pony noble has been given all the administrative duties for now. I did get a carpenter unicorn as well as a pegasus painter (who has been assigned clothesmaking in addition to dying until I get a clothier/seamstress). And everybody currently has plant gathering enabled.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

That... sounds strange, but definitively something I'll have to look into.. I reworked the civs in my huge file cleanup a while back and I know i was working on the progress triggers.. but if you say there's stuff in there from nido's mod that must not be the right files... That would explain the lack of trade and sieges if nothing else! Thanks for the catch!

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did a quick test in Arena and the files I uploaded earlier so give the Alicorns Cutie Marks, Coat color, Mane/Tail color, Mane style, and eye color.
It didn't list any personality traits, but I've never used Arena mode before, so I'm not sure if that's a side effect of the Arena.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

Personality iirc is not part of the arena mode, so it looks like your changes work pretty much perfectly. Also noticed you added some new cutie marks for the sun princesseseses.. so I added all of those and merged the desc changes.

Ive also went through and fixed the triggers for buffalo and griffins which seem to be missing. I'll make some changes to the entities and see if I can fix a rudimentary version of the changelings as more of a perma-war type civ.

Im not sure what would be best for the people that actually play this.. I can do several smaller incremental updates or fewer larger updates. With regards to how DF works Im guessing the latter is best, but I thought I'd check what people think.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 81