Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 181216 times)

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - 2014 (DF 0.40.19)
« Reply #1035 on: December 01, 2015, 03:56:40 pm »

I'm still interested. Though I imagine you're cringing considering two days after you posted, the game updated. I'd prefer the ponies to not be separated, because I like getting a mix of all tribes.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 01, 2015, 09:24:25 pm »

The solution is to have separate earth, unicorn and pegasi civilizations, the dirty pagans... and one civilization united under the Alicorn goddesses/saints.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 02, 2015, 03:20:53 am »

I feel like I could hear your internal scream from here.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 02, 2015, 12:40:29 pm »

hahah no worries, the update was obviously intended to follow the DF update.

Judging from the raw changes document there shouldn't need to be a lot of work to make the mod playable in 42.1 just need to add some tags here and there.

Now that I have at least some people's attention tho... Pegasi and Griffins (and changeling soldiers) do we keep them as fliers or not? I can make them super fast across the ground until an eventual update to the fortress mode flier pathing is adressed (now that there's actual vanilla fort mode concerns for fliers, perhaps this will be looked upon) as it is now, they are best used for fighting, hauling and weather factory, but hauling is a bit of a hassle since they keep flying into the trees. but flying is definitely an advantage for sallying across walls or quickly repositioning fighters.

What do you think? it is possible to work around the flying bugs, but it may be easier for new people if they are just fast on the ground.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 02, 2015, 01:01:26 pm »

Basic safety standards in construction is pretty annoying, so is putting up ramps where I don't want em, then taking em back down.... only having to repeat that again later.

Fast on the ground is probably workable.  You may or may not want to jigger in something that would separate hooves and wings in relation to speed.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 02, 2015, 02:29:30 pm »

Yeah make them faster on the ground. It's a given you have to babysit your dwarves (or in this case ponies) but there's a point where it goes to the realm of stupid. :<

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 02, 2015, 04:41:54 pm »

Yeah, considering the persistent issues with pathfinding... I'd be okay with the pegasi losing the flier tag and just being faster to compensate. I've lost more than one pegasus because I failed to see them stuck somewhere.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 02, 2015, 06:15:41 pm »

Okay, I've gotten my hooves dirty today, cleaned up most of the creature and entity tags, but for some reason whenever I try to copy something in, it crashes the game, so more testing is needed.

edit:

okay I've successfully genned a world using entity_default with the dwarves replaced with pones, so that works at least, which seems to indicate there's some game breaking bug somewhere in my entity_pony file. I gotta hit the sack tho, but I'm fairly sure I'll have something playable tomorrow :P
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 06:23:35 pm by Sorcerer »

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 02, 2015, 07:06:38 pm »

Pony people are usually pretty patient. When it doesn't involve new episodes. :x

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 03, 2015, 02:18:48 am »

We've waited a year for a new season, we can wait as long for a new, playable Pony mod version.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 03, 2015, 06:56:45 pm »

Whoops, looks like I forgot about the missus' office xmas party, and the day was spent on alcohol, badly karaoked christmas, dance dance revolution and pool.
I should be able to get something up before the weekend starts in earnest tho :D

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 03, 2015, 09:01:57 pm »

This version certainly added a lot of things that will benefit a pony civ. Instruments and toys are actually usable, performances are now a thing, libraries, taverns...

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 04, 2015, 05:08:26 am »

And the syndrome changes are pretty cool too, you could make ponies go mean if discorded and changelings that literally eat your love.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 04, 2015, 01:44:09 pm »

Well, being discorded doesn't necessarily mean a pony becomes mean... unless you are Fluttershy.  It turns the 'best' personality trait of the pony backwards.  Example: Applejack = Liar
Unless we are thinking of some entirely different examples.
... I don't even know how I could remember this much from an episode that came out years ago.

Gameplay wise, it may be a bit complicated if not impossible to only target the 'best' trait.  Discord would probably be more appropriate as a random personality bomb... rather then targeting a single personality trait... if possible

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 05, 2015, 06:00:17 pm »

Okay, so there's something in the entity files that's crashing the game during worldgen.. I've had to recreate the entity files from scratch, but the game still crashes when finalizing entities. I'm going to wait until the next bugfix release to see if that solves it. Otherwise I don't really know what could be causing this.

Edit: okay, so I can generate a world now, but it involved resetting ponies buffalo and griffins to "default" entities, so now I just have to tweak their values and such back..
I played around in a world for a bit, and changelings had more or less taken over the world already, they owned all the sites, but i could still play as ponies, griffons or zebra, that all worshiped changeling gods of submission and thralldom, good times :D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:10:23 am by Sorcerer »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 81