Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 64430 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Velociraptor
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2012, 10:53:18 pm »

Sure, I'll join the pack, just let me write up a character sheet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2012, 11:07:50 pm »

...And for the record, I was thinking more about how chickens and dogs were domesticated according to one theory than a real alliance.

Anyways, CS.
Ironhide, a female so the balance is closer to even.
Ironhide is 29 winters in age.
Abilities:
Attack -1
Defense +1
Senses 0
Cunning +1
Stealth 0

Ironhide is the second oldest in the pack, and while a bit smaller than most Hunters manages to be tough as stone. Just recently, she healed from a Warhorn stomping on her leg. Normally, she tries to be the planner of the pack, helping out Strider with the plans, but she is often used as "bait" or some other dangerous job due to her toughness. Strider and Ironhide have a friendly rivalry. Ironhide also helps raising the chicks, in part due to being injured a fair amount of the time.
Ironhide's feathers* are a bit grayer than most, but her head feathers are a notable green. Her left ripping claw is chipped from a previous encounter, and her hide is crisscrossed with scars of all shapes and sizes.

*They had feathers.

Is all of this OK?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 11:12:15 pm »

((IMO, I don't think you need to show [Failed Rolls]  , not that I'm reading the rolls anyway
Also, rolling for friendliness. I like. :P

lawastooshort takes priority over GreatWyrmGold though, seeing the order of posts. Just to say.

Also. Name is Moonfang, just saying.  :P Why'd I have a +1 to Sense?))

Moonfang cocked her head at the sight. Perhaps this was another stray?

Wait, no. The scent...the- curvatures? It didn't seem right to be staying there. Any good animal would've moved out of the way of the pack when they made their way...

And she partly knew they had sense to move away, with all the strutting she accidentally made. Her coloration was painfully obvious.

Calling out to the rest in a low, sonorous tone, Moonfang engages the creature in the bushes! Because food!

Edit: ((Wait, la dropped out. Guh.))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:22:44 pm by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 11:20:40 pm »

Ironhide tries to locate and catch up to the others.
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2012, 11:21:32 pm »

I smell something in the bushes nearby.

Probably a quick snack.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:28:26 pm by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2012, 11:22:45 pm »

Snatchers. They were everywhere-no matter where the pack went, how far, how fast, how well they hid themselves.

They were always there-and, with a moments inattention, the potential life of a young one could be lost.

Hunter kind habitually hated them. They would all be young once-all had seen the glowing eyes peering from the shrubbery as they cowered in their nests. Heard the plaintive cries of friends carried off by the swift claws. To feel truly helpless against a predator, to feel true fear. It was these thoughts that stoked Striders anger. They would have this one, today.

Snatchers were cowards-they didn't like a fair right. Strider knew this one would bolt as soon as it could...but he wasn't alone.

In a logical sense, this was as good a training hunt as he could have hoped for. Hopefully he would get an idea of his groups strengths and weaknesses from how they performed.

...well, Moonfang certainly had initiative.

He hissed-his words carrying much meaning.

~I smell Snatcher-meat. Let's punish it for daring to come some close to our nest.

Char! Move around and flank it with me-Hook and Moon attack together-flush him out toward us.~

Action: Flank the Snatcher cautiously, and try to catch him when he runs, or at least circle around and attack if nessecary.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2012, 11:31:21 pm »

Hooktoe whistled excitedly. ~Got it, Dad! Just leave it to me, I'll rip that Snatcher apart!~ He charged at the spot indicated, trying to outpace Moonfang and get to it first so he could get the kill.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 11:38:11 pm »

*They had feathers.

((Pff, your Raptor looks more like a six foot turkey now.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 11:46:53 pm »

*They had feathers.

((Pff, so does yours.))
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2012, 12:04:27 am »

*They had feathers.

((Pff, so does yours.))
((Pff. He doesn't have feathers.

Pff!  :P))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2012, 12:17:42 am »

(First post does say current theory has them with feathers on. Not that it matters one way or the other mechanically speaking, probably...)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2012, 12:23:50 am »

((My sheet never didn't specifically not mentioning having feathers.

I win on a technicality!

Pff.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2012, 12:31:27 am »

(Hold on while I work out the logic of that triple negative.

My sheet never did not specifically not mention having feathers.

Yeah, all right, I'll accept that. :P)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2012, 12:40:51 am »

@iruin I'm still pinning down the style elements. I left the failed checks there for my sanity so I know who i'd made a Spot Check roll for. I may take them out of the finished posts...or not.

Word of God for this RTD is that raptor type dinos have feathers or at least some feather-like coverings. This is where the science has been leading us for a few years. I didn't enforce it in the fluff, but It is mentioned in the OP somewhere.
If it's ever relevant gameplaywise all your raptors will be considered to have feathers.

Heres a couple interpretation:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

=================================

Getting really sleepy but I'm gonna run a mini-turn for GreatWymGold to get him toward getting synced up.

Ironhide tries to locate and catch up to the others.

You've been playing with the young ones and splitting up the last few scraps of meat and marrow. You also miss seeing the hunting party head off toward the North. But a chick chirps something about Hunters going to the lake so You leave what you were doing and follow at a trot.

You make good time (6) time and almost stumble onto them before you notice them. (Sense roll 1, Cunning Roll 3+1) Uhoh, if they're hiding maybe you should be also. You sidle down beside a tree. (Stealth Roll: 2 )

Ironhide is now with the pack. And will be able to post a new action next turn. However she has no idea what's going on.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 11:09:33 am by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2012, 12:44:36 am »

* Tiruin sees title. Thinks about changing it to "Roll to Battle Turkey!"

Tiruin is joking.

((The feathers are a good excuse for my iridescence.  :P))

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36