Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540899 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #210 on: November 01, 2012, 01:16:50 pm »

Wander around looks for weapons or armor

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 01, 2012, 01:36:43 pm »

Sorry! Man, that was some crazy Halloween group. Damn, I didn't expect to screw around on a Wednesday night...Next year, I'm waiting until the weekend. My head hurts...

Samuel will take "Knack for Magic".

Sam will head to the closest town, and if he still have those gold coins and what-not, will try and find a store that sells magical reagents/accessories/etc, and browse their wares. If he's asked why he's a skeleton, he'll just respond, "Oh, I accidentally slept with a witches sister, and she tossed some potion at me. I'm human, but I guess it polymorphed me. It's pretty neat though.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 01, 2012, 01:46:29 pm »

((Seeing as i'm dead can i please be put back on the waitlist.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 01, 2012, 02:02:06 pm »

((You'll have to submit a new character sheet. After all, Bruce was left as a faint red smear that isn't even wrapped up anymore within the mausoleum.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 01, 2012, 02:11:06 pm »

Name: Luke Arnold
Archetype: Zombie
Biography: And at a tender 25, was blonde, and died from alcohol poisoning, he generally wasted his life, he didn't have a job and he mooched of his girl friend who had severe confidence issues.

How 'bout this?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2012, 03:05:22 pm »

At the lair of the sister of the assuredly supremely photogenic, but positionally unlucky Bernie...

James realizes that Bernie's sister is right! Nudity is not an acceptable state of being for someone like him! He needs clothing! To this end, he steals some bloody levy leather armor and puts it on! He isn't naked anymore! However, he is still unarmed! To mitigate this, he takes the halberd he narrowly dodged a few seconds earlier. Hey, when gods chuck halberds at you, you take them and stab the bastards right back!

Having done that, he ponders what the rebels might be up to.

[Intelligence roll: ?+1]

They probably didn't get very far. They are filthy peasants, after all. Motivated by heresy, yes, but the peasantry are never to overestimated!

He asks Vincent what the plan is! Vincent calls him an idiot and tells him that he should do everyone a favor and die! Say, that's not a very nice thing to tell your friends!

Meanwhile, Leon decides to search for weapons and armor!

[Leon search roll: 2]

His search in the mausoleum proves uneducational and totally fruitless. It doesn't occur to him to loot the corpses just outside! Hooray for obliviousness!

Samuel and Jordan decide to head to the nearest town they know of, Richardsburgh!

[Samuel speedy travel roll: 5]
[Jordan speedy travel roll: 5-1]

They decide to race each other as a way of speeding their progress along! Surprisingly, Jordan keeps up with Samuel quite nicely, but the skeleton manages to beat him there by about five minutes anyway. Having reached his destination, he raises his arms in victory! Then lowers them once more as he notices that Richardsburgh is completely burned down! Jordan arrives soon afterward!

"I say, the inn fire must have gotten out of hand! So out of hand that the entire village went up in flames! Bloody fire didn't even spare the basements! Or the stone walls! My word, those mages should be careful with those fireballs. They could seriously hurt someone!"

Samuel shrugs uncertainly!

"I say, are there any other towns nearby?"

[Samuel local knowledge roll: 4]
[Jordan local knowledge roll: 4]

They both look at each other in complete agreement: they'll follow the road! It's bound to lead somewhere!

[Samuel speedy travel roll: 3]
[Jordan speedy travel roll: 3-1]

They proceed along the road, Samuel slightly leading ahead, but they seem to be a bit too demoralized to race again! Guess seeing the charred remains of a place you were at a few hours ago does that to you!

[Samuel convincing excuse roll: 6]

While traveling, Samuel thinks of a convincing excuse on why he is a skeleton that he'll be able to provide to any distrustful magical merchants! He was polymorphed! Or metamorphosized or deskinned or whatever it is they call it these days. He'll say it was because he slept with a witch's sister! The witch was very angry because she was in love with Samuel! But that's because his twin brother seduced the witch while claiming to be him! Because they have a long-standing rivalry that bases itself around the fact that Samuel and his identical twin brother, Dirk, were separated at birth, the result of which was that Samuel was brought up in relative prosperity while Dirk was forced to eke out a living on the rough streets of the city of Fiverock! Dirk had grown up despising his brother while Samuel was totally ignorant of Dirk's existence! When they finally met, they agreed to trade places for a day to see what the other was living like! Dirk used the opportunity to cause trouble while Samuel fixed all of Dirk's problems!

It is truly a story to move men to tears! It also provides a convenient excuse for Samuel to use when somebody tries to bring him to justice! A true achievement in lying. Samuel practices the story several times in his head, making sure to keep all the made-up facts straight! He also works on his body language, trying to remove all compulsive signs of lying!

That is, until he remembers that he cannot speak and the story is too long to just write out in a store. Oh well.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2012, 03:10:20 pm »

Head onwards to the university, to scout it out!
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2012, 03:16:59 pm »

Head onwards to the university, to scout it out!
Pretty much what I want to do.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2012, 03:34:46 pm »

At the lair of the currently unimportant Bernie...

James, secure in the knowledge that the university is definitely where it should be, decides to scout it out!

[James local knowledge roll: 2]

Sadly, he has absolutely no idea where the university should be! Damn his pig farmer upbringing! He could have been a real contender, but no, his father was all like "Son, you must take over the family business when I'm done!" Look where that got him! Undead, subject to no less than two different curses, with a face and teeth that are stolen from who knows where and with a stomach that glows with divine light!

Alaric, not one to waste time, decides to leave the mausoleum and search for the university as well!

[Alaric local knowledge roll: 4-1]

Having no notion as to where his destination might be, Alaric decides to take to the skies and see! He floats upward, upward and ever more upward until he is sufficiently high up! What he sees is highly unusual!

Despite it being somewhat late in the evening, there are lights everywhere!

[Alaric intelligence roll: ?]

There also seems to be a great deal of smoke coming from certain places where the light is brightest. It seems that something is on fire there. A great amount of small fires seems to be heading toward a large group of massive buildings far to the west - Alaric presumes this is the university. He heads there right away, wishing to scout the area!

[Alaric speedy traveling roll: 2]

He floats toward the university at a leisurely pace, reaching it in a day of traveling.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2012, 03:37:21 pm »

Loot a cloak and pick up the two halberds and head off to the University.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 01, 2012, 03:43:22 pm »

Ask Bernie where the University is, and head there.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 01, 2012, 03:52:34 pm »

Walk outside and continue my search, loot any corpses that are not moving.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 01, 2012, 03:58:48 pm »

Keep following the road! To the university, where I shall ask about the Scrying Amulet. The person shall die swiftly and less painfully later for his assistance.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 01, 2012, 04:28:59 pm »

At the lair of the indubitably knowledgeable Bernie...

James, being at a complete loss as to where he might find the University of Magic, decides to find and ask Bernie! He finds him in his hall, carefully examining a yearbook and pointing out images to the severed head of Skip Rogers!

"Seriously, couldn't they try to get a better image than that? I look like crap!"

"Hey, do you know where the university is?"

"Of course I do! A day's walk to the west! Follow the road!"

James decides to take this sage advice and head over that way!

Meanwhile, Vincent begins looking for a cloak! Sadly, only the officer had one, and that one met a stabbity end indeed! He picks up two more halberds and leaves for the university!

[Vincent local knowledge roll: 2]

Or he would, if he had the slightest clue where it is!

Leon soon joins him in the looting of corpses! He obtains seven halberds, nine sets of horribly dismembered bloody levy leather armor, 1 set of horribly dismembered and brutalized officer's levy leather armor!

[Leon strength roll: 6+1]

He lifts all the goods in the air as high as he can, yelling "Who is mighty? I AM MIGHTY!"

[Leon balance roll: 4]

He manages to stay upright despite wobbling slightly!

On the road that leads westward...

Jordan and Samuel continue their merry trek!

[Jordan speedy traveling roll: 5-1]
[Samuel speedy traveling roll: 6]

Jordan proceeds at a quick pace! Samuel, not willing to be left in the dust by a zombie, decides to break into a nearly leaping sprint! Passing through the burnt-out and demolished remains of several villages, Samuel reaches the university in six hours!

[Samuel will roll: 5]

Samuel resists the temptation to lie down on one of the piles of debris and human corpses while waiting for Jordan! Instead, he takes a look around! There seem to be a lot of angry people around, shouting about there being no gods and no masters! There seem to be hundreds of them, demanding that the mages of the university release all of their precious magical items to support the popular uprising! The mages, being somewhat protective of their magical items and unwilling to go against their noble patrons, have chosen to barricade the faculty buildings and use showy magic as a deterrent against the masses. This only seems to make them angrier.

After four hours of observing the people, Samuel is joined by Jordan. It's almost 10 AM now, and it is broad daylight outside.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 01, 2012, 04:32:38 pm »

Go to the road and walk west until I see a building or a person..
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 719