Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540888 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #240 on: November 02, 2012, 07:20:02 am »

Wait to see where I end up.

(( Dam I'm boned lol what am I gonna do with halberds for arms and legs? ))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 02, 2012, 07:21:35 am »

((The obvious choice would be KILL EVERYTHING. But I'm sure you can think of something more creative.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 02, 2012, 07:29:40 am »

(( Will they actually work as legs then? But I can't do anything with my arms except attack things lol it's gonna make things extremely boring after a while only being able to make pretty much the same 2 moves every turn. ))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 02, 2012, 08:20:42 am »

((They will, but you will take an additional -1 penalty to movement. That is, until you get used to them.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 02, 2012, 08:22:01 am »

Name: Timothy Amscray
Archetype: Ghost

((I'm sorry, it's late and I ramble when I am sleepy. :-\))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 02, 2012, 08:26:35 am »

((Wow, there's going to be alot of ghosts. I'm a ghost too.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 02, 2012, 08:35:15 am »

((I didn't actually check before posting... :-X Ghost was just the one which appealed to me most. Skeletons are kinda cool, too, but there were heaps of them back when I did check a couple days ago.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 02, 2012, 08:37:29 am »

((Well, if the current ghost survives until we come on (wich includes one guy dies for me to get on, and two more for you), there'll be 3.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 02, 2012, 08:50:19 am »

Name: Timothy Amscray
Archetype: Ghost

((I'm sorry, it's late and I ramble when I am sleepy. :-\))

((Interesting bio you have there. You are now officially the third on the waitlist, right after miauw and Gamerlord. Should the rate of player turnover remain high (and I suspect it might), you might even get to play soon. But, back to Leon's big adventure.))

Where everybody can hear you scream, but nobody will help you anyway...

Leon is being dragged through the darkness, taloned claws clutching his limbs! He considers it wise not to resist.

[Acclimatization roll: 3]

He is starting to get a better feel for the total darkness he is in. It sounds like they've left the beast's room from the sound of the footsteps and the occasional drops of water hitting the stone floor. Occasionally his carriers step on something damp, perhaps moss or something. Listening in, he also begins to hear a sort of low whistle, barely perceptible to his senses. He is stopped from further deliberation when he is unceremoniously dumped on the stone floor. As he hits the ground, he hears loud tuneless whistling from all around him! The dissonance produced is nerve-shaking indeed.

Suddenly, the area goes totally silent. Moments later, he hears a bit of a swinging sound as though something heavy just moved, followed by six loud clacks. Then thirteen short clicks. Then a high-pitched whistle once more. He is picked up by seven of the claws again and lifted face-forwards. A whistle, then three clicks and a clack. Judging from it all, something is inspecting him.

[Inspection roll: ?]

There are fifteen quick clicks, seven clacks and a low whistle followed by a ringing tone. Leon is picked up once again and moved rapidly, then dumped on the ground, his new limbs making a loud clang.

[Perception roll: 4]

Something is in here with him. Something different from his carriers. Judging by the sounds it makes, it seems to have no fewer than seven legs. Also, it keeps making a chittering sound that can't be good. This suspicion is confirmed when the thing charges at him!

[Thing vs. Leon: 5+1 vs. 4]

Leon deflects several attacks from one of the thing's sharp limbs, but a final stab pierces him in the chest! The thing lifts him up into the air!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2012, 09:47:46 am »

Samuel will point at his throat, and clack a bit. Then he'll think the words, "I was hoping to extend my knowledge of the Magical Arts, so as to better myself in every way. And, perhaps I could even learn to control the rage, and evil, inside my...Well, I don't quite have a heart, do I now?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 02, 2012, 09:54:33 am »

In the lair of the amazing Head Diviner of the University of Magic...

Samuel, faced with the Head Diviner's line of questioning, decides that he'll try his best to lie like a son of a gun!

[Nonverbal communication roll: 2]

He points at his throat and clacks while thinking about something! If only they could hear his thoughts, but sadly it wasn't meant to be!

"You want... a drink? You're a bloody skeleton, what do you need a drink for? You're trying my patience! Spill the beans on why you're here already! Honestly, this foolishness is getting me worked up to deliver a good smiting or two!"

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 02, 2012, 10:02:27 am »

((Did you forget to put me on the waitlist?))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 02, 2012, 10:14:37 am »

((Really? So many updates!! Uh...))

Try to get past the barricade by swinging my axe at them!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 02, 2012, 10:16:27 am »

((Did you forget to put me on the waitlist?))

((No, you asked to be put on the waitlist after Yoink did. So you are after him, I believe.))
((Really? So many updates!! Uh...))

Try to get past the barricade by swinging my axe at them!

((I'm not really keeping conventional time here. And, considering that pretty much everybody is alone with no way to reach one another, I can do a single update per character. The updates will slow down after this week, though. Speaking of which.))

On the grounds of the University of Magic...

Jordan is being advanced upon by a huge mob of people! Luckily, this is exactly the kind of problem Jordan is used to solving!

"I say, chaps, would you happen to know where I could find a haberdashery?"

"A what?"

"Let me explain."

[Jordan vs. Mob: 3+1 vs. 3+4-2-1]

Jordan decapitates a single one of the unsuspecting mob members, utilizing the element of surprise garnered from his magic axe!

[Mob vs. Jordan: 4+4-2 vs. 5-1]

The mob presses him up against the wall of a faculty building, punching, kicking and stabbing with their pitchforks! Neither of those really work on Jordan, however.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:30:14 am by Harry Baldman »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 02, 2012, 10:48:07 am »

Grr. Samuel will try and open and close his jaw, while reaching in his chest and pointing at where his lungs should be. Make sure to glare plenty too. If the message gets along correctly, and he has a way to talk/think/communicate, then he'll say what he had said previously.

P-P-please don't slow the updates?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:53:40 am by Caerwyn »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 719