Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542617 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #2865 on: February 05, 2013, 12:06:02 pm »

((While I don't mind Tom dieing, this way of death is not very satisfying.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: February 05, 2013, 12:10:24 pm »

((While I don't mind Tom dieing, this way of death is not very satisfying.))

Well, he is quite far from dead right now. He may yet survive this, Mr. Negative.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: February 05, 2013, 02:35:20 pm »

In the yard of a spooky mansion...

Darren greets the fine people tapping along to his funky tunes. They seem amiable enough, after all.

"Hello, dear gentlemen. May I inquire as to your purpose here?"

[People intent roll: 5]

One of the five people, a man with long blonde hair and a beard, suddenly looks excited about something.

"Oh, we're a traveling band of musicians. We were walkin' along the street, mindin' our business and all when we heard you whistlin' and stuff! We were diggin' your musical abilities, so we thought we'd stick around and, you know, hang with you and stuff."

"Ask him!"

"Yeah, and we were also thinkin', maybe you'd like to, uh, play with us? You're good with those spooky lips of yours, so how about you come along with us? We were already thinkin' that five is too little for a proper band, you know. So maybe you could come along, play a few gigs and see if you like it, then you can, like, make a decision on whether you'd like to play with us for, you know, real and stuff."

"I can see it now! Spooky Dude and the Magic Tones!"

"Spooky Dude?"

"Or maybe his name or something. I dunno. It sounds like a cool concept, eh?"

In a floating house...

Yorinnsud, upon hearing news of loot, runs right over to the biggest bookcase on the second floor! She tries to pull it away from the wall!

[Strength roll: 6+1]

She picks it up and chucks it away, fighting to keep her excitement in check when she sees a door behind the now disposed-of bookcase! She opens it, eager to get first crack at the loot!

[Loot roll: 2]

It's full of gold. And nothing else. How wonderful.

[? will roll: 6+1]

Suddenly the house starts to violently hurtle upwards, as though given an order of some kind! Yorinnsud is sent to the ground by the sudden acceleration, as is Mark! Upon looking out the window, she sees that they seem to be rapidly approaching the clouds!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: February 05, 2013, 02:44:27 pm »

"Oh are you dying, HA! Don't worry, I'll just watch you suffocate before I loot you, or you could come out and I can eat you, take your time."
Flash my teeth menacingly as I say the last part, wait for him to collapse and then wait or another 2 minutes, then smash through and eat him, if he exits eat him.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: February 05, 2013, 03:00:13 pm »

Inside the house of some rude people...

Luke mocks the man currently suffocating to death!

"Oh, are you dying, HA! Don't worry, I'll just watch you suffocate before I loot you, or you could come out and I can eat you, take your time."

The guy looks at Luke with an expression of hatred.

[Rude Guy magic roll: 6]

Suddenly, walls seem to erratically pop up at various angles all around Luke's body! They immediately flash with power only possible through the frustration of a man who graduated the University of Magic with lofty dreams of becoming someone important in life and actually doing something important, fulfilling and satisfying for a living, but was eventually forced into working as a common doorman for some demonologist prick who must be, like, 90 years old with one foot in the grave already.

[Luke endurance roll: 6]

Luke decides that he can take this crap, easy as pie. He takes a deep breath and tenses up!

The result is a bright flash of light and some sort of explosion! The blast sends Luke right out of a window, no more dismembered than before, though a bit banged up!

[Rude Guy endurance roll: 1]

The wall mage smirks at the flying bastard shark as he loses consciousness inside his airtight bubble of death.

Luke, meanwhile, wonders what the hell just happened. Walls should not do that.

[House alarm roll: 4]

He doesn't hear any further movement from inside the house. Hm.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: February 05, 2013, 03:08:43 pm »

((What...The...Hell.))
"Douche"
Back in now, look for his body, eat the body, look for demonologist.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: February 05, 2013, 03:32:45 pm »

Inside the house of some rude people...

Luke decides not to devote too much time thinking about what just happened and goes back inside the house through the window.

The rude guy still seems to be enclosed by some walls. Hm. Well, he'll have to take care of that.

[Headbutt roll: 1]

Damn, that actually hurt! Luke's shark nose is slightly bent upwards when it impacts the wall! It now looks a bit silly. Hm, something about this wall seems... different. It's not an ordinary wall. Much thicker, more solid. Looks like he'll need something better to destroy it with. Oh well. Can always eat the guy later.

[Search roll: 6]

After finding nobody to murder and eat in the house, Luke heads down into the basement. There's got to be someone down there, right?

And there is! In the unusually expansive, some would even say cavernous basement an old guy, presumably the demonologist, judging by the rather swanky robes, is reading aloud from a book in the middle of a circle of some sort while two other mages, both of them rather shifty-looking types, fidgeting around some kind of ornament on the wall.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: February 05, 2013, 03:36:07 pm »

((Are they looking at me?))
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: February 05, 2013, 03:40:33 pm »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: February 05, 2013, 03:49:10 pm »

Muwahahah!
Flying Shark Bite On The Demonologist!
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: February 05, 2013, 03:58:22 pm »

In the basement of the demonologist's lair...

Luke attempts to perform an amazing single leap at the unsuspecting demonologist from the entrance of the basement!

[Flying Shark Bite roll: 3]

He lands right next to the demonologist with an extremely loud clang, alerting the people in the room to his presence!

[Demonologist reaction roll: 4]

The demonologist starts to back away from him, in immediate contrast to the other two people!

[Guy 1 magic roll: 1+1]
[Guy 2 magic roll: 1+1]

They seem a bit surprised at Luke's sudden appearance! Surprised enough to not be able to immediately stop him from taking a bite from the old fart with the book!

[Luke vs. Demonologist: 3+1 vs. 4]

He leaps forward, but the surprisingly spry old bastard jumps back! Guess you develop some reflexes when dealing with demons. Hm.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: February 05, 2013, 04:01:05 pm »

"GIVE ME YOUR LIVER! Or your book, also surrender, or die."
Tell him that, if he doesn't surrender or give me the book Eat him!
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: February 05, 2013, 04:11:58 pm »

In the basement of the demonologist's house...

Luke politely states his terms to the demonologist.

"GIVE ME YOUR LIVER! Or your book. Also, surrender or die."

The demonologist smiles at these words and snaps his fingers.

"No on all four counts."

[Guy 1 magic roll: 2+1]

A vague shape forms behind him. The demonologist looks dissatisfied. Luke, on the other hand, was hoping for such an answer.

[Luke vs. Demonologist: 4+1 vs. 1]

He sets upon the demonologist, ripping out a large chunk of his chest!

[Demonologist endurance roll: 1]

Oh dear. He definitely didn't expect Luke to try and obtain his demands in order. His wizened face flashes in a glimpse of painful recognition of the true importance of having a liver (and lungs, and a portion of his heart) before he twists around and falls on his face, rapidly losing all of his blood and going into shock. Well, that'll teach him.

[Guy 1 magic roll: 3+1]

Nothing very impressive comes out of the other guys' efforts. At least nothing that Luke can see.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: February 05, 2013, 04:13:24 pm »

"I would suggest you two run."
Tell them that, if they don't attack Guy 1.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: February 05, 2013, 04:24:45 pm »

In the basement of the demonologist's lair...

Luke feels he should give those two fools over there a fair warning. He suggests that they should run.

They don't seem impressed. Luke decides to charge at them, then.

[Guy 1 magic roll: 3+1]

Luke's charge is stopped by an open door appearing in the way!

[Luke dodge roll: 5]

He runs around it, however!

The other guy starts to laugh at the first guy.

[Luke vs. Guy 1: 4+1 vs. 1]

Luke then proceeds to eat a whole lot of the first guy's chest cavity.

[Guy 1 endurance roll: 2]

Needless to say, he doesn't take this too well.

[Guy 2 magic roll: 4+1]

The other guy takes a single step. He is now at the demonologist's corpse. He picks up the book, chuckles annoyingly, then takes another step. He is now on the other side of the room, about thirty feet away from Luke. Oddly enough, there seems to be a door there now. He waves to Luke.

"Thanks, man!"

He opens the door and steps through.

Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 719