Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542836 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #3450 on: March 12, 2013, 08:50:24 am »

In a demonologist's house...

Mark, discovering the top floor to be utterly boring, heads downstairs into the basement to find some people!

The basement looks pretty spacious, actually. It is full of strange symbols drawn in what appears to be blood, two bloodless corpses sitting in the corner, one an old man, the other a fairly young fellow, and a dark-haired individual standing about and looking at a book in his hands. All the makings of a fiendish ritual, Mark thinks!

[Dude perception roll: ?]

He seems totally oblivious to Mark's presence, which is rather good, to tell the truth. He also looks to have started a chant of some kind.

In the streets of Emlocke...

Tom looks at the sordid remains of Tom for a few seconds, then heads out in search of superior armaments.

[Will roll: 6+1]

He makes sure to stop and demonstratively laugh at some intersections once in a while.

[Search roll: 3]

Well, there aren't any weapons just lying around. At least, none better than a metal rod that used to serve as an improvised leg. That thing is pretty strong, you know.

In a partying crowd...

Yorinnsud begins her jolly hunting for something. She looks at prospective donors in the crowd. Oh, there's a healthy and strong-looking one... wait, he's melting. And that lady over there... no, also melting. What about him- no, he's started to melt as well.

Damn it, it's hard to hunt for limb donors when they're all burning and melting. And all the screaming really hurts her concentration! These people sure are inconsiderate.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: March 12, 2013, 09:15:01 am »

Mark sneaks up and breaks the chanting mans neck then closes the book with out looking at it
If he spots me run at him trying to get the book away from him.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: March 12, 2013, 09:43:38 am »

Why, what's this kind of thinking! Surely this isn't what Mark taught her? If they have melted, that just makes the blob that remains perfect for bulking up! And even if that doesn't work, the bones would only be charred, not melted. NOW GET TO WORK!!!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: March 12, 2013, 09:53:08 am »

Why, what's this kind of thinking! Surely this isn't what Mark taught her? If they have melted, that just makes the blob that remains perfect for bulking up! And even if that doesn't work, the bones would only be charred, not melted. NOW GET TO WORK!!!
starts crying MANLY tears "so proud"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: March 12, 2013, 10:05:48 am »

In a demonologist's house...

Mark tries to sneak up to the man standing about reading!

[Mark's Stealth vs. Dude's Perception: 6-1 vs. 5]

Though the man is quite undoubtedly engaged in his task, the sound of metal feet touching the ground and leaves faintly brushing up against the ceiling is a bit of a giveaway! He looks at Mark just as the latter tries to snap the man's neck!

[Grapple: Mark vs. Dude: 1+1 vs. 4]

He easily slips out of Mark's grasp, rolling backwards and attempting some magic!

[Dude magic roll: 5+1]

Nothing happens! Ha-hah! Silly magic-user! Let Mark take that book off your hands!

[Mark agility roll: 1+1]

Mark's attempt is rudely interrupted by a staircase. The staircase he just descended from, actually! He proceeds to tumble down it in a generally noisy and unpleasant fashion, getting some of his branches caught in the steps at the end of his descent. The guy in the room seems quite amused by this.

1 hour and 50 minutes left.

In a partying crowd...

Yorinnsud, not one to be dissuaded by burning, melting and screaming, decides to loot some flesh anyway.

[Perception roll: ?]

As she reaches out one of her skeletal arms to grab a handful of goop, it looks like it starts to burn as well. That's pretty weird. And the air seems a bit... acrid here.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: March 12, 2013, 03:08:26 pm »

Pick up my old leg. Or whatever quantum mechanics would have me known as. Look for something dense.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: March 12, 2013, 06:05:56 pm »

Mark grabs a stone or something from the floor then gets up and kills the magic man, throwing the stone at him if he starts casting(what would happen to the ritual if he stops chanting? or messes up the words I wonder?)
My Sig

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: March 12, 2013, 09:24:24 pm »

Acrid... ACID!!!

SKEDADDLE AND FIND A BETTER PLACE TO LOOK FOR PEOPLE TO KILL!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: March 13, 2013, 08:20:25 am »

If you are accepting people for the wait-list still... Also a PTW.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: March 13, 2013, 09:02:52 am »

((I read all this thread, and this game is amazing. Congratiulations for having created a new and complex world, but hilarious at the same time.
If you don't mind accepting new characters for the final chapter, I would really enjoy to be in this game.))

Character sheet:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: March 13, 2013, 09:31:34 am »

In the streets of Emlocke...

Tom is about to pick up the leg he is currently holding.

Well, that was easy. Suspiciously easy. He hardly had to do anything at all, actually. Now to find something dense.

[Will roll: 4+1]

You intersections can still go screw yourselves, by the way.

[Search roll: 3]

Anyhow, there are rocks around here. They're in walls and stuff. And the walls might be a bit dense as well as a result. The cobblestones look dense, too. They'd have to be. They're cobblestones, after all. And you might say that Tom himself is pretty dense. In relation to the air, of course. Not in any other obvious way.

In a literally bloody basement...

Mark's cave-tree instincts activate, causing him to look for a rock!

[Rock roll: 1]

Zero rocks around! Not a very rocky place, this basement. In fact, there is nothing at all except for the corpses, and they're a bit icky, so Mark will just hold off on chucking them for now. Since his cave-tree instincts have failed him, he goes for the next best thing - his fighting instinct. And that old thing is currently telling him to charge. So he does!

[Mark agility roll: 4+1]

This time, he does not tumble down the stairs! He remains standing at the top! Aha! Your evil plan has been foiled, mage!

[Dude magic roll: 2+1]

Nothing seems to happen that Mark can see. Then again, that's what he thought the first time as well. Hm.

In a square full of melting people...

Yorinnsud realizes that pH negative forces are at work here, and those just happen to be the exact sort of forces she does not want to deal with today! It is time to make a tactical advance directly away from the area!

She seems to be rather successful. At least, it doesn't look like anything is following her.

[Perception roll: ?]

Although it still burns a bit.

Actually, it burns quite a lot! It is definitely a very unpleasant sensation, oh yes!

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: March 13, 2013, 09:46:25 am »

My god... This game is going to end?!?!

stop the burning!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: March 13, 2013, 09:49:14 am »

un around the bend so he carnt see me and wait till he goes back to chanting or trys to chase after me then attack
My Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: March 13, 2013, 10:34:42 am »

((Thank you for accepting me. I'm looking foward to the final duel between the mages that are still alive. As far as it goes, it seems that the survivors are the Leather mage, the Fork mage, the transformation guys in the basement, the Magic Tunes, the guy in the metal house, and probably the mage who created that moving black tower/stickman/doom machine))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: March 13, 2013, 10:41:29 am »

((I dunno, the Fork mage seems to be using a source of power like the Pink: disconnected from normal magic.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 719