Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542664 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #3555 on: March 18, 2013, 08:46:59 am »

Inside a cave of some kind...

Mark tries to pull out one of the crystals in the ground, giving it a mighty tug!

[Mark strength roll: 1]

He tries his very hardest, pulling as intently as a skeleton with a tree for a head possibly could, which is quite intently indeed! However, the crystal remains steadfastly secured to the ground. Guess he'll have to leave now, defeated, his tree-head hung low. His spirit crushed, he is now destined to wander the world, reflecting on his failure.

Or he could try to break the crystal off! Yeah! That's a great idea! He kneels down and pushes on the crystal with his metal shoulder, hoping to break off at least the top!

He is, however, interrupted by the cave ceiling, lined with stalactites mirroring the ones on the ground, falling on him suddenly! Then the ceiling rises. Then it falls again.

[Mark endurance roll: 2+1]

This does quite a number on his body, as you may imagine, the stalactites and stalagmites deforming his metallic skeleton to a significant degree! After a few more times of that, he is seized by an armlike object and hurled deeper into the cave, where he is compressed in a very tight space that seems to be moving him along!

Outside a cave entrance...

Tom attempts to burn down the tent!

[Pyromaniac destruction roll: 4]

The tent being made of canvas, this works nicely. It is soon burnt down without much issue. Now, where could the owner have gone?

[Intelligence roll: ?]

Probably inside the cave, Tom guesses. After all, why else would he or she build the tent here, right next to the entrance, then make off with any other valuable possessions that were no doubt here once upon a time?

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: March 18, 2013, 08:55:03 am »

now i've heard of chest monsters, and i've heard of room monsters, but monsters that take the form of a large cave? Inconceivable

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: March 18, 2013, 10:25:55 am »

well there have been rooms where everything including the walls floor chairs and ceiling want to kill you
I look around and try to get away from what ever is dragging me
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: March 18, 2013, 10:31:36 am »

Inside a cave-monster of some kind...

Mark looks around himself!

He seems to be enclosed in a tight tube of some kind, and is getting forced downward by the movement of the walls! He isn't getting dragged per se - the armlike thing let go when it threw him down the strange enclosure he currently finds himself in.

Hm. Quite the predicament he's found himself in.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: March 18, 2013, 10:51:05 am »

great being eaten another thing to cross off my worst things to do list time to get to the next on that list choke the thing eating me
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: March 18, 2013, 11:12:54 am »

Inside a digestive tract of a giant cave monster...

Mark tries to choke this horrible monster eating him!

Considering that he is pretty clearly not lodged in the breathing tube, it is rather plain that that's not going to work.

As he is moved down the tract, it seems to be getting darker. And hotter. A lot hotter.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: March 18, 2013, 12:27:49 pm »

can someone please describe to me what the hell is going on?
Bernie wants minions to kill other mages so he can join magic circle. Unfortunately, THE ARTISTE *shakes fist at sky* has enslaved him, a few other mages, and the minion Mark. Mark is now looking for the other minions so THE ARTISTE *shakes fist at sky* can enslave them, because that's what THE ARTISTE *shakes fist at sky* told him to do. The other minions are doing stuff that isn't too weird by the standard of this game.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: March 18, 2013, 12:56:23 pm »

((Everybody knows that you are screwed when the artist appears. On the other hand, he could be the perfect final boss of this game))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: March 18, 2013, 03:47:56 pm »

Examine cave. Find owner of tent.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: March 18, 2013, 03:54:08 pm »

Outside a crystal cave...

Tom eyes the cave critically, judging its qualities as well as he can.

He comes to the conclusion that it is indeed a cave and not, say, some kind of horrible monster looking to eat him. Then again, that would be a pretty silly and unlikely thing to find in the woods, so he's not entirely sure why he thought of this. It looks pretty similar to the one he already went inside of is the idea here. So he sees no harm in going inside again.

[Will roll: 3+1]

The crossing tunnels make him uneasy, but it passes soon enough. He must search! Search like some sort of four-legged domesticated sniff-creature!

[Search roll: 1]

And he finds out that it is remarkably easy to get lost in tunnels that all look alike once again!

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: March 18, 2013, 04:07:40 pm »

Continue bumbling searching
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: March 18, 2013, 04:21:44 pm »

In a vast cave complex...

Not knowing one's way out of a place is not really an issue, Tom finds, when there are really more pressing issues at hand. Such as finding somebody to make sense of all this silliness, then brutally and wantonly murder.

[Search roll: 3]

Okay, he seems to be heading in a direction, if not the direction he might want. Then again, he doesn't have the slightest clue which way he might want to go, so there's that.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: March 18, 2013, 04:35:00 pm »

((I'm willing to take twenty on this action.))

Keep going.
Greater Collection

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: March 18, 2013, 04:56:32 pm »

start trying to rip the creature open from the inside
My Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: March 18, 2013, 05:57:25 pm »

((Everybody knows that you are screwed when the artist appears. On the other hand, he could be the perfect final boss of this game))
Fool! Whip Man is the only final boss!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 719