Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542719 times)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #3615 on: March 21, 2013, 05:53:43 am »

well, there goes Mark.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: March 21, 2013, 07:54:51 am »

Hey I'm the guy that has maneged to get the gods to help me a few times and I just got back from being eaten
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: March 21, 2013, 08:04:04 am »

Hey I'm the guy that has maneged to get the gods to help me a few times and I just got back from being eaten

((Yeah, you are also a metallic skeleton with a tree for a head who had his ribcage smashed by some guy, who then proceeded to hurl a water bottle to you and you just shrugged. Shouldn't you, at least, throw the bottle back?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: March 21, 2013, 08:08:52 am »

In a blood-covered square...

Mark, not really in the mood for any kind of fight at the moment, gets up and gives the fellow a careful look.

The fellow waves to him. Hm. Oh well. Mark shrugs and walks off, occasionally throwing a glance back to see if any deadly weaponry is forthcoming.

Fortunately, the fellow also seems to not be particularly feeling this fight, so he looks like he's about to bugger off as well. Mark leaves quietly and looks for a shovel.

[Search roll: 4]

There is one in some sort of stable toward the edge of town. Nice! Mark picks it up, testing its capabilities by digging a small hole. Doesn't seem like it'll disintegrate in his hands, so it'll have to do.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: March 21, 2013, 09:02:14 am »

dig a grave for Yorinnsud then loot her and lower her into the grave its what she would have wanted
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:03:53 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: March 21, 2013, 10:20:34 am »

((So? I was the little ghost girl that made a bunch of wolf pups devour their mother, after wich I broke every bone in his body. Did that stop him? No. It did not. It didn't stop me from doing what any smart person would do in such a situation: abscond like you've never absconded before.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: March 21, 2013, 12:13:33 pm »

Inside a stable of some kind...

Mark, having secured himself a shovel, is about to leave.

Unfortunately, the fellow who threw junk at him suddenly bursts in. Persistent chap, Mark has to admit.

[Whip Man vs. Mark: 2+2 vs. 1+1]

The man whips him across the skeleton! However, since Mark's skeleton is made of metal, this fails to achieve much of anything. Mark shrugs and walks right by, leaving the man behind. Whatever his problems are, perhaps it is best to leave him alone with them.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: March 21, 2013, 03:30:02 pm »

((I've just realised how anti-climatic half of the deaths have been. I bet that whoever kills the whipman (or the whipman himself) dies by falling down some stairs or something shortly after.))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: March 21, 2013, 03:44:32 pm »

I've found that Life Begins at Death has not so much been about epic adventure and treasure as it has been about miserable failure and dealing with it. And miserable failure is anti-climactic more often than not by its very nature.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: March 21, 2013, 03:46:36 pm »

I've found that Life Begins at Death has not so much been about epic adventure and treasure as it has been about miserable failure and dealing with it. And treasure. And miserable failure is anti-climactic more often than not by its very nature.
FTFY
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: March 21, 2013, 04:30:22 pm »

Kill her! Kill her most verily with whatever article of destruction I have on hand. If that fails, light her on fire.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: March 22, 2013, 02:08:05 am »

In a complex of crystal tunnels...

Tom, feeling the rush of seeing unclaimed (as in, its owner not yet brutally murdered and looted) treasure just gallivanting around without a care in the world, decides to fix this situation and fix it most verily.

[Tom vs. Crystal Lady: 6+2 vs. 1-1]

Oh, old people. How frail their flesh, how fragile their bones. The lady's skull is completely obliterated by a single swing of Tom's metal leg, and her explosively decapitated body drops to the ground after the cave walls are painted with the contents of her head.

Man, Tom should rob old people more often. They go down so easily.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: March 22, 2013, 04:18:55 am »

Tom you know what you must do
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
by the way I wack the whip man to tell him to piss off then keeping an eye on him dig a grave
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: March 22, 2013, 04:44:29 am »

Outside a stable...

Mark is about to head back to dig a grave for his dead buddy, but that guy with the whip doesn't seem to get the idea that some privacy is needed. Oh well.

[Mark vs. Whip Man: 1+1 vs. 4+2]

As Mark tries to smack the guy upside the head, the whip man grabs his arm and tries to execute an elaborate maneuver of attack!

[Counterattack: Whip Man vs. Mark: 3+1 vs. 5+1]

Mark, however, is quick enough on the dodge that he does not get his safety compromised in any way. Seriously, is it too much to ask for some peace?

[Whip Man water use roll: 1+1]

The whip man throws a jar of water! It sails past Mark and falls into a gutter, where it will presumably make some C.H.U.D.'s life a living hell. Mark, not really impressed, leaves quietly and heads toward the square.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: March 22, 2013, 05:08:09 am »

write a note telling him to go away I am trying to pay my respects to a dead friend If the whip man comes close again then show him the note while waiting dig a grave
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 719