Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542609 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #3810 on: March 31, 2013, 04:37:18 pm »

"... Is the crystal a sado-masochist? Why is it that whenever I find a possibly inanimate object that demands love, it has to be a kinky inanimate object? Finangle's Law is the only absolute."

Punch the crystal. Focus-making round two!
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: March 31, 2013, 08:22:23 pm »

Inside a magical library...

Tom walks up to the crystal and gives it a good punch! The crystal flashes extremely brightly for a split second, the entirety of Tom's vision filled with bright white for an instant. The next instant of his life is filled with an uncommon amount of pain as his entire right arm is reduced to tiny, mistlike arm bits as the result of a surprisingly mighty explosion!

[Crystal stability roll: 1]

The rest of the crystals he is carrying follow suit, exploding his legs, the majority of his possessions and most of his torso into very, very tiny bits as well. This, naturally, hurts a whole damn lot as well.

[Tom will roll: 1]
[Tom will roll: 4-1]

Oh dear. That was, quite frankly, the worst possible thing that could have ever happened. And oddly reminiscent of his earlier, highly similar experience at the foot of a giant destructive robot in the shape of a stick figure.

To this he can only say: bollocks.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: March 31, 2013, 08:28:37 pm »

Check body for damages. Check library and books for damages. Search for any non-destroyed crystals.

"Oh come on! I spend all this time looking for explosives and I finally find I'm carrying highly potent ones only to blow my new body to bits. FINANGLE'S LAW!"
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: March 31, 2013, 08:29:18 pm »

((I told you!))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: March 31, 2013, 08:31:01 pm »

((I told you!))
((-reading... reading...-
... Well. Isn't that just wonderful. Time to build that focus and enact my master plan. Which, coincidentally, was in that same discussion earlier. Small world.))
Greater Collection

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: March 31, 2013, 08:35:28 pm »

((I knew it was a positive intelligence roll. Harry, you shouldn't put additional information in intelligence rolls, as I figured this because you said something about not being able to burn rock houses in the same turn, which was true))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: March 31, 2013, 08:41:11 pm »

Inside a magical library...

Tom decides to take inventory of the damage to himself.

He has to say, it does not look good. He is now pretty much his left arm loosely linked to what remains of the upper quarters of his torso. Oh, and a head. Other than that, nothing's left. None of his loot, no crystals and none of the books he had on him.

On the bright side, he seems to have shielded most of the other books in the library by virtue of having chucked the crystal at the far wall and then walked up and punched it. Some of them have a little bit of his bits on them, but those are just the covers. You can wipe those and it's very little trouble, you see.

[Will roll: 3-1]

This explosives situation has gotten him quite depressed, though. Depressed and apathetic to the world at large. Seriously, he's been carrying explosives this entire time. What the hell?

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: March 31, 2013, 08:47:24 pm »

I've been thinking that I shouldn't display any of the hidden rolls. That way, they're super hidden. Like, for instance, I rolled a 3 for the crystal's stability when Tom chucked it at the wall, so it just became extremely volatile. And he rolled a whole lot of fives while searching the mansion. Helps with the look of the turns as well, I find.

((I agree with hiding that kind of rolls. It adds even more surprise to the game))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: March 31, 2013, 11:34:34 pm »

Timothy looked rather nonplussed by the hippo's instructions.

"Well, uh. Right. At's it, den? I was 'spectering somethin' more powerfuls an' stuff, but oh wells. "

>Follow the hippo's instructions. Transport myself back to the material plane... Or well, whatever the place I was from before was actually called. You know, with Bernie, Hansel, Bob, the scarycrows... That place. Yes.

>As it begins to (hopefully) work, magically drag the hippo along with me. If I can't take his entire physical(?) form, just tear his mind/soul from his skeletal hippo body and stash it away in my own. We can get him a new body later, once we're back home.
If he complains, explain to him that it's for his own good- he's been stuck out here alone for far too long!

>Whatever happens, will my magical firework-launchers to remain manifested as I cross back into the "real" world.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: April 01, 2013, 12:12:12 am »

go outside and suck someones life with a wind blowing their life out of them and to into me
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: April 01, 2013, 03:28:32 am »

In undefined space...

Timothy, having received ultimate knowledge at last, immediately sets about utilizing it to his advantage. Okay, so what was the first part?

Oh, right. Listen to the crazy non-space and what it wants from you. Well, worth a shot, anyway. He perks up his ears and tries to discern some sort of request from the area.

At first, he hears nothing, but after a while he does hear something resembling a voice coalesce from the background cacophony. Sounds like it wants him to make a... what? It's either a crown or a clown, he's sure of that. He notes down the request, then listens once more.

This time he's pretty sure of what he heard - this voice wants him to kill a man and spill his blood over a specifically prepared altar. A reasonable enough request, he believes. Timothy makes a mental note of the order and listens again.

Now the voices seem terribly silent and standoffish, and he can't hear a single thing they're saying. Wonderful.

In the Tower of the Artiste...

Mark heads outside and tries to find someone.

[Search roll: 3]

Nobody he can see around, unfortunately. It looks like they have wised up a bit!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: April 01, 2013, 04:45:21 am »

find tom he deserves an upgrade after his help and I need a new testsubject/throwingweapon/meatshield friend to replace Gamerlord
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: April 01, 2013, 04:53:29 am »

In the streets of Emlocke...

Mark decides to look for Tom, whoever that is.

[Search roll: 6]

He does find him loafing around the streets, doing very Tom things. From the look of him, Mark would say he is indeed in dire need of an upgrade. Look at him, all fleshy and stuff. That ain't right. There's gotta be something he can do.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: April 01, 2013, 04:55:28 am »

((perhaps you should hide search rolls as well...))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: April 01, 2013, 04:58:42 am »

Actually, I will from now on. This instance was done more out of habit.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 719