Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542845 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #4005 on: April 12, 2013, 06:22:20 am »

I just want to live through this chapter

Find that Mage knock him out
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: April 12, 2013, 07:08:07 am »

In the exploded streets of Emlocke...

Rather than try to enter the tower, Mark seeks out the mage who bound him! He runs down the street, then begins to look in alleyways around the place.

Ten minutes later, he runs right into the guy! He looks to have been a bit too busy looking behind him to pay attention to Mark, narrowly avoiding running face-first into the tree-head of the skeletal minion!

"What in gods' names are you doing, freakshow? I nearly-"

[Non-lethal subdual: Mark vs. Necromancer: 2+1 vs. 3-1]

Mark lightly clonks the necromancer on the head!

"The fuck are you doing?"

[Non-lethal subdual: Mark vs. Necromancer: 6+1 vs. 2]

Mark decides that the man is deserving of a better demonstration, certainly. He performs a tree-headbutt on the man, making him lose consciousness immediately!

[Necromancer endurance roll: 1]

He appears to be bleeding out of his ears and completely ruined nose. Maybe that was a bit too hard of a headbutt.

[Mark will roll: 5]

Mark feels a bit lightheaded, but it passes quickly enough. Blood from the necromancer's head pools on the cobblestones.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 01:13:45 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: April 12, 2013, 09:23:27 am »

((Mark is lucky as hell. Killerhellhound, how many virgins do you sacrifice each day to the Random Number Gods?))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: April 12, 2013, 09:59:39 pm »

((Mark is lucky as hell. Killerhellhound, how many virgins do you sacrifice each day to the Random Number Gods?))
Oh I sold my services to the RNG so if they need anything done I get thrown at it.
It helps that my mind is trained to withstand insanity causing effects and mind control that's quite rare and useful apparently.
They are quite nice and are willing to bend some rolls for me.
now take the book and look through it maybe I can sell it
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: April 13, 2013, 12:30:50 am »

Mark takes a look at the book. Well, it's definitely magical, considering that it seemed to do magic when the necromancer used it. Therefore, it must have some kind of value to someone! Hooray!

He is interrupted in his appreciation by the sound of metal-plated feet approaching from a nearby street.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: April 13, 2013, 02:37:16 am »

go to the street and try to sell the book for a halberd or money
My Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: April 13, 2013, 02:38:08 am »

go to the street and try to sell the book for a halberd or money
(You do realize there's almost no one left alive in the town, right?)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: April 13, 2013, 02:50:30 am »

Mark looks for prospective buyers if his new book, the Book of Bindings! He walks up to the approaching armored woman.

[Nonverbal communication roll: 1]

He lifts the book above his head and sprints at her to speedily inform her of the great savings on binding literature she can take advantage of right now!

[Armored Lady vs. Mark: 1+2 vs. 5+2]

She hardly seems to have expected something as weird as that to happen at this particular time of day, so she hardly even dodges as Mark runs right into her, starting to smack her over the helmet with the book to drive home his sales pitch!

[Counterattack: Mark vs. Armored Lady: 6 vs. 2+2]

This produces a sizable dent in the lady's helmet, visibly shaking her up!

[Armored Lady endurance roll: 5+1]

She, however, is hardly hindered by this sudden book-based assault!

[Armored Lady vs. Mark: 5+2 vs. 4+2]

She rolls out from under the skeleton, kicking him away before he can do more serious damage!

"Alright, fiend, I have had quite enough of your tomfoolery!"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: April 13, 2013, 03:44:33 am »

kill her I need more parts for !!MEDICINE!! and she looks good for that
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: April 13, 2013, 04:12:47 am »

Wielding the spellbook with great gusto, Mark tries to kill the armored woman!

[Mark vs. Armored Lady: 1 vs. 5+3]

However, the lady is quite prepared for such an attack this time, ducking as Mark leaps and countering by swinging the hammer upwards!

[Counterattack: Armored Lady vs. Mark: 2+2 vs. 2+3]

However, she does not time it quite right, missing Mark by a considerable margin and watching as he flies past her.

[Armored Lady vs. Mark: 1+2 vs. 6+2]

As the lady swings the hammer again, Mark releases his hold on the book and catches the hammer, then tries to pull it right out of her hands!

[Opposed strength roll: Mark vs. Lady: 4 vs. 6+1]

The lady, unfortunately, doesn't seem very keen on letting it go, however, swinging the hammer around until Mark is forced to let go. It's book time again!

[Mark vs. Armored Lady: 3 vs. 4+3]

Unfortunately, paper, while it may beat rock handily, is hardly useful against metal.

[Counterattack: Armored Lady vs. Mark: 1+2 vs. 6+2]

Fortunately, the armored lady is still perilously slow enough for Mark to be able to catch her hammer again! Take two!

[Opposed strength roll: Mark vs. Armored Lady: 1 vs. 2+1]

He tugs at the hammer for a few moments before realizing that pulling it out of her hands probably isn't going to happen. Oh well. At least the lady doesn't seem keen on hitting him with it.

Yeah, why isn't she reacting much? She seems to be in some kind of trance at the moment.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: April 13, 2013, 06:23:25 am »

DANGER
back off fast putting as much distence between us as I can if she starts chasing throw the book at her
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: April 13, 2013, 07:15:22 am »

Mark decides to back off for a bit, trying to keep his distance from the woman. This proves to be rather wise, as she soon starts to glow oddly. Then the glow goes from odd to bright. That does not look to be very good.

The woman looks at him for a long moment. She then turns away, as if looking for something. After gazing at the local devastation, she begins to head in some other direction.

Man, she got off easy. She hadn't seen anything yet!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: April 13, 2013, 08:13:20 am »

leave and loot the ruined tower
something tells me that was the whip mans girlfriend or rival

samething
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: April 13, 2013, 11:04:18 am »

Mark heads back to the ruined tower to partake of its delicious loot! He finds that it is still mostly collapsed. In addition, he notices that diviner lady, Justine!

She's not looking very well, as she is impaled on a steel fence. Looks like she fell on it in exactly the worst way - her body was positioned perfectly for the fence's spikes to pierce her heart and skull, not to mention most of the rest of her torso. Her multicolored robes seem to have gotten a whole lot redder now.

Oh well. Free loot! She appears to have a whole lot of divining accoutrements on her - a book on methods of divination, a strange-looking set of 5 many-sided dice with letters on them, a peculiar amulet around her neck. In addition, she appears to have a bit of money on her. Not bad!

The tower itself, though it has lurched sideways, still looks fairly good, in other news. This also means that it will still be pretty difficult to gain access. Then again, there's a whole mess of dead mages inside, so it's probably worth it!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:33:25 am by Harry Baldman »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: April 13, 2013, 11:26:50 am »

((Oh crap if benies dead then why will we get some more PC's ))
look for anything to help me climb the tower like daggers spikes then climb the tower to reach the window
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 719