Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542709 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4065 on: April 15, 2013, 08:31:36 pm »

let see if he likes doctor Mark
*EVIL LAUGH*
ahem...
after looking for knives go see if I can fix the good Yaleson
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #4066 on: April 15, 2013, 10:16:07 pm »

((Save the band, Spinal! I'm counting on you!))
((MISSION ACCEPTED. Also, i hope I'm not missing anything big.))
"Get outta here! Both you guys what whomever's shooting!"
Try and make a telekinetic shield to protect the band while they escape..

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #4067 on: April 15, 2013, 10:17:40 pm »

((Save the band, Spinal! I'm counting on you!))
((MISSION ACCEPTED. Also, i hope I'm not missing anything big.))
"Get outta here! Both you guys what whomever's shooting!"
Try and make a telekinetic shield to protect the band while they escape..
((Should you not pick a trait, good sir?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: April 15, 2013, 11:12:43 pm »

[Indeed, traits would be good. Although not all traits are good however.]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: April 15, 2013, 11:38:09 pm »

In the house of the Yalesons...

While waiting for the butler to return, the grim reality of his situation occurs to Sigmund. Questions need to be asked, and they need to be asked rather soon. He taps the leader mage on the shoulder and poses a query.

"What have you done to me?"

"Oh, enslaved your soul in a mostly unbreakable bond. You are now obligated to follow my orders completely and, should I die, you will die as well."

Ah. Sigmund feels a slight bit of panic descend on him.

"Who are you and your people, and for the Five's sake, what is THAT THING?"

"Oh. I forgot to introduce myself, I believe. I'm the Artiste and my good friends here are Art, Evelyn, Erin, Bernie and, of course, Mark," he says, pointing at each of his minions as he says their names. "They're good people, you know. And Mark is my away team at the moment. You may need to work closely with him."

Meanwhile, Mark engages in some enjoyable theft as he looks about the house. He looks into the kitchen, spying a whole lot of knives! While the chef's back is turned, he quickly grabs a few and makes himself scarce before the man suspects anything.

Upstairs, Morton, ever the dutiful servant (even though he is rather new at this, what with the whole "recently back from the dead" thing), listens to the words of his other master, Scott.

"Guests? Can't you see we're in the middle of a crisis?" the master croaks. A long, drawn-out sigh can then be heard emanating from the room.

"Ask if they have any medical experience, if they don't and yet are still relativity insistent invite them in and entertain their wishes. Advise that they take precautions against plague and a number of similar curses of the flesh. Please, also advise them to respect my privacy."

"Apologies Master Scott, of course sir, I shall entreat upon them at once." Morton does a short bow, his eyes closed as he gives proper respects to the master. Heading back to the the crowd of travelers, he speaks respectfully.

"I regret to inform you, but Master Yaleson is facing dire circumstances as of late. He is stricken with many diseases of the flesh, and his husband, Master Scott Yaleson, is not wishing to meet visitors as of late. If you have anyone amongst you that is skilled with the mending of body and disease, and are sufficiently girded against many contagious threat, we would like to seek your services. If not however, that is alright. You may stay as guests if you require it, as I am aware that the day grows dim, and we shall see to your needs as best we can. I do ask however that you all take actions against the contagious, for many a disease lingers here I'm afraid. Sadly this is not something I can clean myself." He gives a solemn shake of his head in sorrow. "I shall also ask that you give Master Scott his privacy, as we all fear for the health of Master Yaleson, and he wishes to be left alone during this terrible time."

The mage nods amiably, then pokes the rest of the gang, who do their best to follow suit.

"Well, we kind of realized this stay may prove detrimental to our health, but-"

Morton looks to the side at the man working in the kitchen. Oh dear, looks to be getting into the mood. He quickly shuts the door, knowing that it is most wise to do so. When he does, the tempo of the yelling and roaring from the kitchen increases. Its volume increases, and there is a faint sensation of heat coming from the door. The yelling continues to increase in volume as there is a sudden sequence of cracks and pops, bangs and bumps coming from within the kitchen. The room shakes a little. Finally, the myriad sensations cease, and an almost heavenly smell wafts through the house.

"Now, none of us are doctors, but-"

He is interrupted by Mark raising his hand and running up to Morton, brandishing his knives in what he believes to be a most doctorly manner.

Back in Emlocke...

Darren realizes that it's probably a good idea to try and shield the band from the assault. He attempts to create a telekinetic shield!

[Telekinesis roll: 3]

He does sort of make the area windier. Does that work? No, didn't think so. As he fools around, the rest of the band quickly work on escaping with their still-alive members.

[Band escape roll: 3]

They get deeper into the room, but dragging the bodies seems to slow them down noticeably!

[? water use roll: 4+1-1]

Suddenly, there is the sound of glass smashing as water splashes onto the room!

[Darren dodge roll: 2]
[Band dodge roll: 1]

Darren doesn't even bother to dodge, getting splashed with the water somewhat. He is rather surprised when it starts to burn like demonic fire! The band gets it slightly worse, as Mel gets some in his eye in addition to some others getting splashed!

[Mel endurance roll: 2]

He begins to scream, falling over in horrible agony as his left eye is burnt out! The other people seem only superficially splashed, avoiding serious burns.

[? magic roll: 6+1]

Once again, a wave of sound washes over the room with the force of a split atom!

[Darren endurance roll: 2-1]
[Band leader endurance roll: 2-1]
[Mel endurance roll: 5-1]
[Band endurance rolls: 1-1, 1-1]

Virtually all of the band apart from Mel proceeds to violently explode as a direct result! Including Darren, whose ectoplasmic form is dispersed!

[Darren will roll: 4]

It quickly reforms, however, as Darren doesn't intend to die quite yet! His band has been mostly killed, but this doesn't have to happen to him!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: April 15, 2013, 11:46:50 pm »

damm it darren you didn't save the band
anyway
I ascended the stairs going for the plague stricken fellow so I could get to work, doing what I could to help him
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: April 15, 2013, 11:52:53 pm »

Niklas then eats said boar, saving none for anyone else.
Sig! Onol

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: April 15, 2013, 11:56:06 pm »

your dead and carnt digest anything you eat
dont let me stop you from doing it
My Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: April 15, 2013, 11:56:47 pm »

your dead and carnt digest anything you eat
dont let me stop you from doing it
(Who said I eat it for nourishment? :P)
Sig! Onol

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: April 16, 2013, 12:14:23 am »

Hm... holy water, really good rolls...

I believe the whip man has come back to claim yet another PC.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: April 16, 2013, 12:16:25 am »

Hm... holy water, really good rolls...

I believe the whip man has come back to claim yet another PC.
Uh oh. You may actually be right.
I shudder to think of what will happen if the equivalent of the whip man appears in Harry's other RTD.
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: April 16, 2013, 12:17:50 am »

Morton backs away from the traveler with the knives and a tree for a head rather quickly for a horribly burned, rotting man. Where in the devil did he get those? "O-Oh dear, u-uh, a spot of help would be appreciated..." Carter's eyes drifted towards the group of mages beseechingly before locking onto the knives, apprehension on his face. When he saw the strange metal, tree-headed fellow head up the stairs towards the Masters' room, he tried to move to head him off. "N-now see here sir, I can't have you barging into my Masters' room without invitation, they requested to be left as is. Certainly not with knives, certainly not with kitchen knives. I-if you would be so kind as to head back down with the others and sheath the knives, it--it would be most appreciated." His eyes were still nervously locked on said sharp utensils, although he would try to bar the strange skeleton's path towards the Masters' room no matter the out come.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 12:21:00 am by Xanmyral »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: April 16, 2013, 12:36:59 am »

I look at the odd man blocking the stairs then start carving on the wall
"I'm a Doctor"
before continuing past him up the stairs

Wasn't I already upstairs.

P.S. I so want to at one point say "I'm the doctor, just the doctor"
edit
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:03:56 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: April 16, 2013, 12:44:55 am »

[Nah, last action was you heading towards Morton with the knives bared, who was downstairs.]

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: April 16, 2013, 02:10:45 am »

The camera pans slowly around the room as Scott mourns, the atmosphere seems almost musical.
"Oh why are you so stubborn my love? Have the god's not taught us that they are capricious? That messing with the threads of their reality only brings gains in the short term, and damnation in the long."

Pray for his forgiveness, citing insanity due to the recent violent loss of a loved one.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 719