Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542951 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4350 on: April 28, 2013, 02:40:50 am »

At the home of the Eight Old People...

Sigmund, putting on his game face, tries to subdue the creature before it is too late! Niklas, noticing the game face, realizes that only one thing could be happening right now. There's a party in Sigmund's head and he isn't invited! And this will not do! He grabs the stone as well and joins into the horribly irritating mental duel!

[Battle of Wills: Sigmund and Niklas vs. Stone: 2+6 vs. 4]

The stone screams into Sigmund's mind, and the vampire seems about to give up, but the stone hadn't counted on one thing - the master screamer himself is in the house now! Niklas yells in a way only Niklas can, both mentally and physically, somewhat disturbing the mages present and, of course, the insubordinate stone!

~ALRIGHT! Stop yelling! I give up! Enough already!~

At the home of the Artiste...

Morton is just made of questions by the time he sees the house.

"Oh dear, isn't that where our home once stood? What happened to it? It looks nothing like it did before, where did this even come from?"

He continues his confused ponderings, considering the implications of the house.

"Did our new Masters do this? How? What was wrong with the old house, it was quaint!"

However, his righteous indignation avails nothing, so his excitement soon subsides.

"Well, we're here now. Shall we check up on the masters? I don't see why though, we haven't chartered a ship yet, although we did get a price for that one."

He looks at Kevin, who half-shrugs shyly.

On a rooftop in Emlocke...

Darren, seeing how the man is climbing the wall, tries to grab a nearby shield-sized object, but doesn't seem able to find one, unfortunately. Guess he'll just grab some shingles, then.

[Telekinesis roll: 6]

He quickly removes every last shingle from the roof, collects it into one large hand-like construct and tries to force the man, who seems to be trying to utilize axes as climbing picks, down to the ground with it!

[Opposed Strength: Shingle Hand vs. Man: 4+2 vs. 2+1]

He is forced to the ground and trapped under the shaped shingles!

"Hey, I just did something super cool, so can we stop now?"

The dog looks at the shingled hand pushing down at the man, then at Darren. It then speaks.

"Yes, indeed. Let's stop. It's pointless. Ghost unneeded. Not competing."

Huh.

At the communal laundering pond...

Scott, delighted at the convenient pond placed right here, gets to washing Gary.

[Laundering roll: 4+1]

Soon enough, the blanket is quite clean and smells of rather pretty flowers! Now to let it dry for a while.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: April 28, 2013, 03:57:04 am »

((why the +6 to the will roll? Seems a bit much just for Niklas helping))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: April 28, 2013, 06:14:36 am »

((why the +6 to the will roll? Seems a bit much just for Niklas helping))

They both rolled and I added the results together. Sigmund rolled a 2, Niklas rolled a 6.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: April 28, 2013, 07:13:38 am »

Scott uses Gary as an impromptu cape so he air-dries as Scott moves.
As for moving, Scott heads for the ship to inspect quarters for his master.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:35:07 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: April 28, 2013, 09:06:37 am »

((That was an hilarious battle of wills))

Sigmund talked then to the stone:

We will stop if you tell us what is the problem with you. We come here and try to free you form this damned box and you just act as a naughty child. I guess that if our relationship will be like that it would be better to return you to that box and ask those mages to teleport it to the void, as it seems that you would love to be in a place of eternal silence and boredom. So, will you just grow up and act as a mature being or should I call Niklas back?

((Thank you for the help Xantalos))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: April 28, 2013, 10:35:20 am »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Scott ties Gary around his neck, forming a very goofy-looking cape. Then again, the tortured human visage on the back is creepy enough for nobody to mind. Now to inspect the master's quarters! He heads back to the ship and walks up the lowered steel gangplank.

Nobody seems to mind (in fact, nobody seems to be around), so he guesses it's all good. The ship looks to be made of steel, mostly, with the deck itself covered in some other kind of material - it's oddly soft and nice, Scott finds. He heads down to find the crew quarters, finding them to be most adequate! Luxurious, even, he might say. The entire interior of the ship is highly ornate and well-crafted, looking more like a large work of art than a conventional vehicle. This ship doesn't appear to need a whole lot of people to run it, being obviously magical, so a full crew looks to be in the neighborhood of 20 to 30 people despite the fact that the vessel itself is the size of a warship.

All in all, pretty sweet, he'd say.

Next to the home of the Eight Old People...

Sigmund, seeing that the stone is subdued, speaks to it in a stern tone.

~We will stop if you tell us what is the problem with you. We come here and try to free you from this damned box and you just act as a naughty child. I guess that if our relationship will be like that it would be better to return you to that box and ask those mages to teleport it to the void, as it seems that you would love to be in a place of eternal silence and boredom. So, will you just grow up and act as a mature being or should I call Niklas back?~

~Do you understand, I repeat, do you have ANY idea what it feels like to be trapped in a magic-shielded box when you're a telepath? When you've lived your entire period of consciousness within a completely isolated space, then suddenly exposed to the MILLIONS OF THOUGHTS AND EXPERIENCES in the surrounding area? Why, I'm surprised I reacted as well as I did! And I'm not a mature being! I've been locked in a box for as long as I can remember! I don't know what most things and concepts you list off even are! The world and anything other than myself and the few walls I've been locked in is completely alien to me! It's shocking! It's terrifying! It's amazing! It's brilliant!~

The voice begins to list off a series of other colorful adjectives to describe the new feelings it has been exposed to.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: April 28, 2013, 10:39:56 am »

[I bet it would love to be a wolf, with how life happy it is.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: April 28, 2013, 01:22:12 pm »

Sigmund felt empathy for the stone, after all, he had also suffered when he was enslaved to that Duke. He said to the stone:

I had a simmilar experience. I was also forced to stay in an enclosed space for some time. But I proved to be useful, and I was allowed to see the outer world as my master thought I deserved it. Don't worry, I will let you see the world, but you will have to control your actitude. Try to act calmly, and you will experience the world and it's marvelous things! But you have to promise me that you won't try to harm me or any of my friends, otherwise you will go back to that box.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: April 28, 2013, 04:25:44 pm »

Seeing a ship fit for the self proclaimed artiste, Scott will go through hell and high water to get the lazy bum to the ship.
Possibly drag Morton along too, he needs to relearn the value of work ethic.

[Sorry that I am bouncing back and forth Harry. Trying to role-play someone somewhat mentally and emotionally unstable is rather hard.]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 04:30:55 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: April 28, 2013, 07:02:05 pm »

"Hm... Well, this is certainly something new." Morton spoke to Kevin as he viewed the house a bit more. "But really, I have to say I kind of like it now... I'm afraid that I should really get to working on the Master's orders though. Sorry Kevin, but I must depart for now. If you need me, I shall be back at town previewing the grand selection of ships available." He gave a bow to the jester skeleton, before heading back to town. "Come find me once you're done!" He shouted back at the skeleton as he hummed a cheery tune on his way back. "Right, to the docks then! We must always be frugal in our traveling, I've always been told!" Carter said primarily to himself.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: April 28, 2013, 07:05:48 pm »

I shall help you then, baby stone!

Niklas tries to impress upon the stone every memory he has in order to let it understand the world!
This may have the side effect of turning the stone into a copy of Niklas.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: April 28, 2013, 07:08:54 pm »

((does Niklas know about Sigmund's conversation with the stone?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: April 28, 2013, 07:09:53 pm »

((does Niklas know about Sigmund's conversation with the stone?))
((I assume so since they're both holding onto the stone.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: April 29, 2013, 12:33:07 am »

At the home of the Eight Old People...

Sigmund, taking on the role of the benevolent master, informs the stone of the terms of their relationship.

~I had a similar experience. I was also forced to stay in an enclosed space for some time. But I proved to be useful, and I was allowed to see the outer world as my master thought I deserved it. Don't worry, I will let you see the world, but you will have to control your attitude. Try to act calmly, and you will experience the world and its marvelous things! But you have to promise me that you won't try to harm me or any of my friends, otherwise you will go back to that box.~

~Oh, yes. Certainly. Most definitely. You've got it, master.~

Just then, Niklas, having listened patiently for long enough, decides to contribute!

~I shall help you then, baby stone!~

He then tries to relay his entire life and unlife experience to the stone in a single burst of intellectual transmission!

[Intellectual transmission roll: 2]

Sadly, it appears that doing this is not quite as easy as one might think. Dang. But then again, perhaps this might be a good thing.

At the Hovership...

Scott, judging the ship to be quite appropriate for the Artiste's use, goes on back to the Artiste's house, heading right in and going upstairs to the lazy bum's place of resting.

"Hey, wake up!"

"Mmmh-hmm..."

He doesn't seem particularly eager to get up. Hm, to manhandle or not to manhandle one's superior. That is indeed the eternal question.

Outside the home of the Artiste...

Morton verbally evaluates the house, pretending to have a conversation with Kevin while he's at it.

"Hm... Well, this is certainly something new. But really, I have to say I kind of like it now..."

Well, no time to talk to himself. He's wasting moonlight!

"I'm afraid that I should really get to working on the Master's orders, though. Sorry Kevin, but I must depart for now. If you need me, I shall be back at town previewing the grand selection of ships available."

He gives a bow to the jester skeleton, then heads back to town.

"Come find me once you're done!" he shouts back at the skeleton as he hums a cheery tune on his way back. "Right, to the docks then! We must always be frugal in our traveling, I've always been told!"

And eventually he does manage to get back to the docks. Yep, they're still full of ships. What to do now?

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: April 29, 2013, 03:19:58 am »

Scott gets some water and splashes it in the Artistes face.
"Ships ready, 'Master'. Use that damned woo-woo you have to get your body jumping."
He told Scott not to harm him, not to be polite.
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 719