Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542980 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4455 on: May 03, 2013, 12:30:11 pm »

[Also forgot to say, Tomfoolery confirmed for best ability.]
((No problemo))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: May 03, 2013, 01:41:59 pm »

All right. Lets bring this baby back.
Bring horse corpse back to kitchen. Accept help. 
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: May 03, 2013, 02:22:02 pm »

Inside the home of the Artiste...

Mark, unwilling to disturb the mysterious tunneling creatures living around him, elects to punch the glass. A lot.

[Mark vs. Glass: 5 vs. 3]

Mark, winding up his fungus-covered metal fist, punches the glass ceiling of his prison most fiercely! It's definitely cracked rather badly by the impact, but it's not quite broken yet.

[Mark vs. Glass: 5 vs. 3-1]

The cracks deepen noticeably with the second punch, spreading along the entire ceiling of the room.

[Mark vs. Glass: 3 vs. 2-2]

The glass is punched one last time by Mark, and some large pieces of it fall out! Mark gets to climbing.

[Climbing roll: 1+1]

He grabs onto a bit of glass, but it breaks off immediately, making Mark land on his fungus-infested pelvis.

Meanwhile, on the third floor, Scott wisely decides to pester one of the other fiendish muppets rather than the one that can make him commit suicide with a word. His best candidate is probably the lady who turned Gary into a bedsheet, as sad as that sounds in Scott's head. He crawls over to her quarters.

Fortunately, she is currently up, unlike the boss. Scott pulls his shattered carcass over to her and pulls on her robe.

"Help me, help me, HELP ME! HELP ME NOW!"

She glances over at Scott.

"Damn, ya sure don't waste any time, do ya? Broken to bits within a day. Still, I'll help ya, sure."

[Erin magic roll: 5]

The woman points a finger at Scott, closes her eyes and begins to chant. Scott feels his spine realign itself, absorbing the steel bar into his body, the metal joining with his spinal column and dispersing evenly throughout his skeleton! It doesn't seem like enough to provide much of a tangible benefit, but it certainly seems to allow him to walk again! Also, there is now an odd feeling of freshness he hasn't felt in quite a long time.

"There! All done. Stay away from trouble now, ya hear?"

At the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton claps his hands in joy and wonderment. A free ride, oh yeah!

"Wonderful! I'll report to my master at once, and we'll be back soon to give this ship a good once over to your specifications! Thank you again, esteemed captain, I shall return swiftly, yes, I shall!"

And he does, Kevin following closely behind, not devoting a single thought to his gravely injured master who has presumably found a comfortable gutter to gruesomely expire in by this point. The two undead quickly return to the home of the Artiste, ascending the gangplank to the interior.

Ah, feels good to achieve at last!

In a formerly horse-infested clearing...

Niklas and Sigmund both stand over the corpse of the recently murdered horse.

"I see that you have everything under control here. I have to say that what you did was impressive. So, what now, do we take this to the kitchen so that you can cook it?"

"All right. Let's bring this baby back."

And they do! Utilizing the hideous undead strength both of them possess at the moment, they easily haul the horse back to the Artiste's house, depositing it in the kitchen. All in a day's work for the consummate cook.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: May 03, 2013, 02:30:03 pm »

Now to fillet this [BAAAAAA].

Fillet horse using knives. Grab random bits of food, yell out name, toss in horse chest cavity. Retrieve wooden spoon, mix to make soup in chest cavity. Sprinkle with horse guts.
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: May 03, 2013, 02:33:40 pm »

Having reached their new, but very strange, home, Morton sets off to try and find Artiste. Rather, he would of if it wasn't for the large gaping hole in the ground where shattered glass is everywhere. "Oh dear, what has happened here?"

Carter moved over to the edge to try and see what is down there. Seeing the strange tree-headed, and now also fungal covered, metal skeleton on his posterior, he calls down to him. "Hello down there fellow second-chancer, would you like some assistance in your ascent?"

If the skeleton complies, he holds out his brass fire poker for the skeleton to grab onto, and attempts to heave him on the main floor.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: May 03, 2013, 04:58:17 pm »

((Question to Harry: Are we all in the house at the same time?))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: May 03, 2013, 05:54:07 pm »

[I think so, funnily enough. Scott, Morton, Kevin, Mark are there. If you guys are heading back, then yeah, that's everyone but the ghost.]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: May 03, 2013, 05:55:15 pm »

[I think so, funnily enough. Scott, Morton, Kevin, Mark are there. If you guys are heading back, then yeah, that's everyone but the ghost.]
(We are back. I'm doing unspeakable things cooking the horse.)
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: May 03, 2013, 05:56:41 pm »

[Then everyone is indeed at the house, sans the ghost guy who's busy being a ghost and doing stuff with shingles and that other dude with the dog.]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: May 03, 2013, 06:14:31 pm »

[Then everyone is indeed at the house, sans the ghost guy who's busy being a ghost and doing stuff with shingles and that other dude with the dog.]
(I may wander off at some point in the future, but only maybe.)
Sig! Onol

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: May 04, 2013, 12:03:37 am »

(We're all in the same place HERESY)
takeing the ofred poker and getting out of the pit Mark nodding in thanks to the kind helper
he then decided to explore the town maybe he would get to practice !!MEDICINE!!
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: May 04, 2013, 02:38:52 am »

Scott dotingly informs the kind lady of the ship he found.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: May 04, 2013, 03:02:17 am »

In the home of the Artiste...

Niklas, sensing that his ultimate goal is in sight, goes on to explore new horizons in the culinary arts - making food inside an animal!

[Cooking roll: 3+1]

After cutting out some choice cuts of horse fillet, he opens up the creature's chest cavity! He then grabs random bits of food.

"Smashed greenish goo!" he yells, throwing a handful of said substance into the horse's lung.

"Possibly a tomato!" he says, dropping a reddish clump of something on top of the goo.

"I'm not entirely sure!" he screams, hurling something ineffably yellowish and hardened forcefully into the mixture.

"Cinnamon!" he bellows, finally having found and deployed something recognizable. However, the mixture is still missing a few things. He furiously shreds the horse's colon, taking a handful of colon bits into his large, powerful hands.

"HORSE COLON!" he proclaims with the power of a raging thunderstorm.

He then retrieves a wooden spoon and resolutely and furiously mixes the ingredients together, not stopping until a somewhat innocuous-looking (considering the process, anyway), rather foamy, creamy and greenish-brown mixture results. Sigmund, standing in the corner and watching Niklas work, realizes that not letting his jaw drop was probably a wise choice. Something might have flown in.

Outside the kitchen, something decidedly less morally ambiguous is happening. Morton, noticing what has happened to the interior to the house, involuntarily poses a rhetorical question.

"Oh dear, what has happened here?"

He notices the hole in the floor. Beneath it is some kind of mushroom covered metal tree person. Oh, right, that guy. Better help him or something.

"Hello down there fellow second-chancer, would you like some assistance in your ascent?"

He moves to the edge of the hole, assuming that the skeleton wouldn't want to be imprisoned regardless of any other gestures.

[Glass stability roll: 2]
[Morton quick movement roll: 4-1]

As he moves closer to the hole, a bit of the floor gives way, and Morton stumbles back, now sitting precariously on the cracked edge of the hole. Oh dear. What now?

"HORSE COLON!"

Morton can't help but agree.

Meanwhile, upstairs Scott relates the information about the magnificent ship he found!

"You see, there was this flying ship, and it hovered around, and then there was this captain, and he was kind of nice, and the inside of the ship - gosh, you should have seen it. Absolutely marvelous!"

She smiles at Scott excitedly.

"Cool! A flying ship! We should ride on that!"

"HORSE COLON!" comes a scream from downstairs. The woman looks in the direction it came from.

"That's strange. I thought I soundproofed the kitchen."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:40:13 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: May 04, 2013, 03:14:45 am »

EXCELLENT!
Now: Post cooking test!

Retrieve a random fork or spoon or something. Dip in mixture to see if it's corrosive.
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: May 04, 2013, 07:24:13 am »

Help with the food.

*Sigh*
*hugs Gary*
"We don't want the master choking and ordering us to our doom now do we?" He exclaims at no one in particular.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 719