Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542900 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4485 on: May 05, 2013, 09:42:10 am »

Sigmund notice something new in the skeletal jester. That crossvow looked really nice. He praised the jester:

-So you acquired a fine weapon for yourself. It seems as a rather good one, actually. Have you used it yet?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: May 05, 2013, 09:43:37 am »

Kevin shakes his head.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: May 05, 2013, 10:09:38 am »

Sigmund smiled and said:

-Well, maybe I can find an opportunity for you to test it. I don't know if you have been looking for ships, but I have, and there is something we need: money. I found an impressive mansion in Shriekpot, which should be overflowed with valuable objects. My idea is to get in there offering Niklas services as a cook and ask a retribution for them, or maybe rob whoever lives inside. But, if things go wrong, you could provide support from affar. You would certainly be a valuable asset in such a situation.

Sigmund makes a pause to see how the jester reacts. Ther adds:

-On the other hand, considering your profession, you could just do a show. It's up to you.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: May 05, 2013, 10:24:26 am »

At the bottom of the dank depths of the Artiste's house...

Morton is in quite a bit of trouble here. He sighs.

"Bother."

He dusts himself off again and musters his optimism, the only completely renewable resource in the universe.

"Right, second time's the charm as they say."

The butler tries to climb upwards once more.

[Climbing roll: 6]

He leaps upward, then pulls himself over the edge rapidly, rolling along the glass floor as quickly as he can!

[Glass stability roll: 2]

Unsurprisingly, the glass tries to break on him again!

[Morton quick movement roll: 3-1]
[Kevin helpfulness roll: 4]

Morton is about to fall in the pit, but then along comes Kevin, grabbing his hand and pulling the fellow away! Morton is handily taken over to the

[Kevin strength roll: 5]

He pulls the butler out of what was probably sure to be a humiliating cycle of failure, both of them quickly finding themselves at the edge of the pit. This comes as displeasing news to Sigmund, who was fully intending to come to Morton's aid (that is to say, loom over the hole in the floor in a helpful fashion) with his own unquestionably helpful advice. Oh well. Better make idle conversation. He walks up to Kevin and publically admires his weapon.

"So you acquired a fine weapon for yourself. It seems as a rather good one, actually. Have you used it yet?"

Kevin shakes his head negatively, as shrugging would probably be an inappropriate answer in this situation. But it's certainly tempting! Sigmund smiles at him.

"Well, maybe I can find an opportunity for you to test it. I don't know if you have been looking for ships, but I have, and there is something we need: money. I found an impressive mansion in Shriekpot, which should be overflowed with valuable objects. My idea is to get in there offering Niklas services as a cook and ask a retribution for them, or maybe rob whoever lives inside. But, if things go wrong, you could provide support from afar. You would certainly be a valuable asset in such a situation."

Sigmund makes a pause to see how the jester reacts. Then he realizes that skeleton's aren't capable of emoting a whole lot without looking utterly daft in the process and continues.

"On the other hand, considering your profession, you could just do a show. It's up to you."

In the kitchen of the Artiste...

Niklas quickly empties the horse lung into a conveniently located pot, then runs off to dispense soup to everyone.

As he exits the kitchen and walks over to Sigmund, he realizes he has no spoons or bowls to force people to eat it with. Hm.

Meanwhile, Scott tries to make himself more virulent somehow! To this end, he enters the kitchen and tries to fix himself up some nasty pestilence. Shouldn't be too difficult. After all, Niklas does it all the time.

However, there's a bit of a problem with this idea. For one, he has no real tools. Two, he has no way of seeing if it's worked without harming people he literally cannot harm at the moment. Three, it seems that his skin is unusually clean, not to mention that it smells faintly of flowers. He might not be quite as virulent as he used to be.

But damn it all if he's not going to try anyway! He smears himself in readily available horse innards, hoping that the power of the nutrients contained within them will help cultivate a healthy bit of deadly organisms within him. After all, horses eat grass, which is known to be full of rotten little blighters you're best off avoiding. Or so Scott hopes, anyway. He even sticks some down his mouth, not one to neglect the state of his inner microflora.

Now all that's left to do is wait. Several days, probably.

Back in an alley in Emlocke...

Darren figures he'll accept. But only on one condition.

"Uhh, sure. But, as long as we don't kill, right? I mean, if there's only two left, we can just knock them unconscious, right?"

The man looks at Darren strangely for half a second, replying almost immediately afterward.

"Er... suuuure. You can knock them unconscious if you so please."

The dog throws an odd glance toward the man, then looks at Darren expectantly.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Mark realizes that people are unlikely to trust him with their bodies not because of his unusual appearance, but probably due to the murderous fungus on his body. So he's going to have to get rid of that. He leaps right off a handy pier into the deep sea!

Man, this water is saline like nobody's business. As Mark sinks to the bottom he contemplates the fundamental truths of life.

Like the fact that neither the fungus nor his leaves seem to be particularly keen on shriveling up and dying despite this being extremely salty water. What gives? Do your thing, osmosis!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: May 05, 2013, 10:41:19 am »

"Ah, thank you grand jester. Was afraid that the second time may not of been the charm, but the third try would of gotten me out of there assuredly. ...Or at least enough of the glass would of fallen away that it no longer had problems of breaking on me." Morton gives a bow to the jester skeleton, before contemplating. "Right, now what was I doing... What was I... Oh yes! We managed to locate a ship for no monetary cost!" Morton snapped his fingers as he remembered what it was that he had forgotten, then looked at Sigmund. "Is the master or his living entourage awake? Hm... Suppose I should check myself." Morton does just this, taking care to try and not wake those who are sleeping. ...Not that they wouldn't already be awake what with all the screaming from the kitchen, the glass breaking, and the rapid falling to the floor multiple times.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: May 05, 2013, 11:24:50 am »

Kevin shakes his head at the suggestion of Sigmund, preferring to stay with Morton.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: May 05, 2013, 11:50:31 am »

mark goes to the side of the water and chills with his tree head out of the water
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: May 05, 2013, 12:01:11 pm »

Sigmund answered to the negative of the skeleton:

-Well, it seems that Morton managed to acquire a ship without paying, so, maybe we aren't going to need to do what I planned. Anyway, good luck with your bussiness!

He then, bored, went to wander the town seeking something to do. Or people to rob.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: May 05, 2013, 01:19:29 pm »

On the ground floor of the home of the Artiste...

Morton, rescued from his state of distress, thanks his brave savior in a somewhat backhanded fashion.

"Ah, thank you, grand jester. Was afraid that the second time may not of been the charm, but the third try would of gotten me out of there assuredly... or at least enough of the glass would of fallen away that it no longer had problems of breaking on me."

Having delivered these words of kinda-thanks, he bows to Kevin, who appears to be a bit busy blowing off the vampire guy to graciously accept his well-phrased words of gratitude. No matter!

"Right, now what was I doing... what was I... oh yes! We managed to locate a ship for no monetary cost! Is the master or his living entourage awake? Hm... suppose I should check myself."

And with that, he goes upstairs to do a sleepyhead count along with his jester companion. However, he is rudely interrupted by the Artiste at the top of the stairs, wide awake and visibly joyful.

"Good morning, teamaster! I must say, I might get used to this 'sleeping' thing. Best I've felt in forever! My, but I could crush the world and everything in it with how I'm feeling right now... not literally, of course. Not that I would have any inclination to do so, naturally. So, how was your night, dear fellow?"

Morton takes a look around. It looks like only the one that turned Master Gary into a blanket is presently awake. One of the other people is stirring - the brightly-robed guy, looks like - but the last two are sound asleep. The unpleasant-looking man in particular seems to be snoring loudly.

Meanwhile, Sigmund comes to terms with rejection and puts on a pleasant look.

"Well, it seems that Morton managed to acquire a ship without paying, so, maybe we aren't going to need to do what I planned. Anyway, good luck with your business!"

He, having lost any particular reason to remain here, heads out to Shriekpot, looking for something worthy of thievery. After a bit of searching, he comes upon some sort of store, judging by the look of the building. The sign in front of it seems to have the image of a book carved into it, with the words "Brenwicke's Books Of All Matters Mundane And Spheres Supernatural". Seems like a decent enough place, if you're into that kind of thing, Sigmund supposes.

In the sea near Shriekpot...

Mark moves toward the coast. Fortunately, it is not all that difficult to reach, as this part of Shriekpot does not feature wharfs quite as extensive as you might find closer to the peninsula's tip. His head safely re-emerges from the water.

[Tree endurance roll: 5]
[Fungus endurance roll: 3-1]

Fortunately, the fungus seems to be dying off now. The mushrooms seem to be rather incapable of dealing with osmosis to such a degree.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: May 05, 2013, 01:43:11 pm »

Scott shall go and find a replacement knife, and hopefully smear it with any remaining black goo.
If none is available, He'll walk to the local apothecary.

Edit: Slice and dice Niklas and serve him as an entrée if he tries anything.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 05:36:06 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: May 05, 2013, 03:30:42 pm »

Sigmund tries to enter in the store without much noise

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: May 05, 2013, 03:55:22 pm »

Niklas, walking back into the kitchen, sees the zombie guy trying to manipulate his kitchen.
Dump the soup pot on him.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: May 05, 2013, 07:03:00 pm »

"Ah, good morning master, I'm glad to hear that you slept well. Not used to sleeping though? I recall wasting many hours sleeping when I was yet still alive." Morton pondered just how much time he whittled away with this sleep, before continuing. "Ah, yes, sorry for drifting off topic there. Anyhow, the night fared me well, very well. Kevin and I managed to get into an agreement with a ship captain of a galley. They agreed to take us where we wished for no monetary cost, although they did wish us to change the look of both them self and their ship. Seeing how the cozy manor of my previous master is no longer standing here, instead this interesting structure of stone, I attributed it to no large task. I assume the captain to be undead however, ghost perhaps? They did mention being dead and how money no longer served them, but seeing as you don't mind the rest of us 'second-chancers' I didn't think this to be a problem." Morton spilled out the long-winded explanation to his master.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: May 05, 2013, 07:37:35 pm »

seeing the mushrooms dying marks smiles "as well as he can" and keeps waiting for them to die
(calling it now I'm going to die because my tree head died and I screw up the will save badly)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: May 05, 2013, 07:40:11 pm »

[I'm sure you'll be fine. Although you may want to think on finding pure water quickly to wash out the salt in the tree trunk.]
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 719