Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540913 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4740 on: May 17, 2013, 11:57:00 am »

Excellent! Now, who wants to hunt some exotic meat? Niklas asks, looking majestic somehow in his lack of clothes and bearskin cape.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: May 17, 2013, 01:11:38 pm »

Outside the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Mark thinks of the zany misadventures his wacky compatriots may have gotten into and can't help but silently crack up a little. With this in mind, he heads into the captain's quarters.

Oh, gods, what in the bloody hell is that thing? It's got three heads! And many more arms and legs! And it looks scary!

"OH, GODS, what in the BLOODY HELL IS THAT THING? IT'S GOT A TREE FOR A HEAD!"

"Oh, that's Mark. He's with us."

"This is DISTURBING NEWS!"

"Ya'd think so, but he's actually quite-"

Erin turns to Kevin, who appears to be poking her. When he's gotten her attention, he points at a bolt, then at Niklas' knife.

"Y'want me to change all your bolt heads into platinum-iridium as well? Sure!"

[Erin magic roll: 1]

Erin gestures at Kevin's bolts, which proceed to disappear in a puff of oxygen. All of them. Shit.

"Excellent! Now, who wants to hunt some exotic meat?" comes a question from Niklas, who tries to look as majestic as possible, and sort of succeeds in a raging berserker knight sort of way.

A silence falls upon the room. About twenty seconds pass before Evelyn speaks up.

"Let me help you with your troubles, Erin."

[Evelyn magic roll: 6]

Suddenly Erin begins to glow brightly, the air around her becoming electrically charged. She giggles for a moment, her very being reconfigured for optimum magicality.

"I love that feeling. So, guys, ya go take care of the menace downstairs, I'll work on the good captain. Unless ya wanna watch. I wouldn't blame ya. This is likely to get interesting."

"OOH, MAGIC!"

The captain bobs excitedly at Erin's empowerment.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Having left the ghosthome (bloody ghosts messing up all these delightful extortion plans), Scott walks up to some peasants and solicits donations for the "Necromancers Go Away" charity he just devised. After all, what better way to appeal for cash than to serve the public good? He goes out in the square and yells.

"My master, a necromancer of some evil nature, requires 330 coins for a boat trip or he will be stuck here... with you lot! Please give generously!"

"Pah, if the necromancer's so evil, the guards'll sort him out. And if he's not, he can make himself useful and get rid of the ghosts on that ship in the harbor. Thing's been floating there for a century already."

Sigmund, meanwhile, watches from the shadows. Yes, he will watch Scott fail from a distance, then see how he runs to him and goes all like "Oh, Sigmund, you dashing, devilishly handsome genius, you, I am lost without your help! Lead me out of my immeasurable idiocy and give me but a chance to bask in your radiant glory!"

And then Sigmund will be like "Of course, my good man, it would be a shame to deprive the world of a mind such as mine," because he's cool like that. Yeah.

Back in Emlocke...

Darren, seeing how the lady is floating up in the air and currently being crushed, offers a magnanimous offer of surrender.

"Hey, hey, hey. You want to give up, lady? Cuz, I really don't want to kill you."

The lady appears to be fuming in her state.

"Gh... khrr... surrender, heathens!"

She appears to be trying to break out of Darren's hold.

[Armored Lady strength vs. Darren's telekinesis: 3+1-1 vs. 2]

She summons up all her strength to twist unnaturally in the air, causing Darren to drop her to the ground! However, this doesn't impede the whip man.

[Touch Attack: Whip Man vs. Armored Lady: 3+1 vs. 1-1]

He once again touches something to her, this time on the leg.

[Lady endurance roll: 3+1]

She recoils back as the armor on her leg becomes a mess of cubes, screaming incoherently as something bad seems to be happening within her metal shell.

[Master magic roll: 3+1]

The dog keeps his barking up, making a directed blast at the woman.

[Woman dodge roll: 4-1]

It only hits her partially, as she rolls out of the blast's path quickly enough for it not to matter much in matters of her health.

The woman curls up in a fetal position and begins to chant something once more! However, not much seems to happen. She starts to sob, the misshapen, crushed plates of her armor digging into her flesh and causing great pain. She doesn't seem to be trying to get up at the moment.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: May 17, 2013, 01:31:29 pm »

((What kind of magic does Evelyn do?))

Sigmund walked to Scott and said to him, in a low voice:

-If you can't frighten people with words, you should do that with actions. We should begin with people walking alone, and when the levels of paranoia rise, we can just repeat what you said, and make profit out of it.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: May 17, 2013, 01:47:25 pm »

[Pride -1]
*zombie rampage on nearest sap*
"Who's not evil enough now?!"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: May 17, 2013, 02:09:24 pm »

[Evelyn works metamagic, which is basically magic that effects magic. Either making it stronger, affect more things, etc.]

Morton returns to the others, oar in hand and the feeling of hair on his clawed chest. He isn't sure if it was the oar, or just him holding it, but he feels... Confident. Like a true scallywag of the sea, if that's what they say. He'll turn to Erin and ask a question. "Erin, would you mind making this out of a bit stronger of a material? I'm not very picky, I'm sure you know better than I what to choose, or has the boat already sailed on that, so to speak?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: May 17, 2013, 02:23:06 pm »

((Thanks Xanmyral))

Sigmund quickly backed away, he liked hings to be more subtle. He waited until someone powerful enough appeared, and then he jumped into action, stabbing somewhere vital/important/that caused a lot of pain.

((I hope this ends up being a nice slaughter, with loot))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: May 17, 2013, 02:49:52 pm »

[The town has several ghosts, horrid monsters in the ship, and a confirmed mage as one of the bookstore owners who may be tracking who set the guards on him. I don't have high hopes. Forgot the three old fogy mages too. Man, this town is riddled with mages.]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: May 17, 2013, 03:37:58 pm »

In the Market District of Shriekpot...

Scott realizes that these people might not be taking him seriously.

He can't have that.

[Scott vs. Random Sap: 6+2 vs. 4-1]

He sweeps his knife in a diagonal fashion, slicing off the arm of a certain peasant! He appears to be pretty surprised by this, clutching at his stump and curling up on the ground, trying not to bleed out.

"Who's not evil enough now?!"

"Petty and random violence does not make one evil. It merely makes them an asshole, really. How is someone supposed to take you seriously if you reply to things with misdirected, childish outbursts? Oh, boo-hoo, people don't respect you. Better slice their bloody limbs off to show that I'm not a pathetic ball of awful trying to justify my worthless existence with simple bullying."

"Dude, he just sliced the guy's arm off!"

"Exactly why we have nothing to fear from him. One as easily moved to follow impulses will wind up dead sooner rather than later. Particularly when they maim people in broad daylight where guards can easily see him."

Scott looks around. There do seem to be armed guards approaching him, to be honest. They don't look particularly happy.

Meanwhile, Sigmund looks around for powerful people.

He notices one odd-looking individual in the crowd. He's wearing a noble's clothes and wielding a positively exquisite cane. He looks pretty powerful, or rich at the very least. Better kill him, then! Sigmund jumps into the action and tries to stab him somewhere vital!

This time, he chooses to go for the heart. He guesses that's pretty important.

However, as he stabs it forcefully into the man's chest, the knife hits something metallic, breaking in two, the sharp tip of the knife separating itself from the blade! The man stares at Sigmund for a moment, his face totally expressionless.

"Ah. How terrible for you. You should be more careful with things like that. They are so fragile. Now, let us never speak of this incident to anyone ever. Is this agreeable?"

Damn it all, why is this town full of weirdos?

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton, in a somewhat more scallywag-ish mood, produces the oar in front of Erin.

"Erin, would you mind making this out of a bit stronger of a material? I'm not very picky, I'm sure you know better than I what to choose, or has the boat already sailed on that, so to speak?"

"Sure! Easy!" Erin's voice has a slight crackle to it as she speaks. She takes the oar, then closes her eyes.

[Erin magic roll: 1+2]

The oar darkens a bit, changing its structure a little bit. She hands it right back after bending it in her hands several times and watching in amusement as it flips right back when she lets go.

"Here ya go! It's now made of this thing they call rubber. It's really elastic and stuff. Fun to mess with. Tee-hee."

She's looking a bit bubbly, though her glow has lessened a little bit.

"So, we doing this thing or not? Cap'n?"

"OH, RIGHT! YES! I'd like to look less MONSTROUS AND HORRIFYING. A bit CLASSIER and stuff. LIKE A HANDSOME HUMAN BEING DRESSED IN TODAY'S NAUTICAL FASHION! Anyone have SUGGESTIONS? I don't GET OUT MUCH, you see."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: May 17, 2013, 03:45:28 pm »

Morton experimented with the new oar. "This 'rubber' will do wonderfully I bet, thank you Erin." Carter said not really knowing what rubber is, or really combat effectiveness. He's sure it will be a good weapon, probably. "Right, so then Head Chef Niklas, shall we head down to get those things a right going for?"

[This is going to end terribly, and I can't wait to watch.]

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: May 17, 2013, 04:05:48 pm »

"Bloody philosophical peasants. This is what you get for supplying state funded educational services."

Scott will run like a whipped child to the arms of his master.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:07:35 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: May 17, 2013, 06:26:54 pm »

Mark hands Morton the sword and follows the crazy chief while protecting the group from ambush with his soul-o-vision
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: May 17, 2013, 06:48:52 pm »

Indeed. Let's go meathunting!

To the area in which the horrible monsters are! Take the cat along with me and try to wake it up as we go.
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: May 17, 2013, 08:41:44 pm »

((Am I only getting sixes and ones?))

Sigmund apologized and quickly went back to the Artiste, as he had no means to defend himself now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: May 17, 2013, 08:43:49 pm »

(Yes it is. To glory or death!
Or mutilation and transformation!)
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: May 17, 2013, 08:57:39 pm »

(Yes it is. To glory or death!
Or mutilation and transformation!)
[It will definitely lead to something. Whether that something is good or not depends on the almighty rubber oar.]
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 719